World Russia’s ‘carrier-killer’ Moskva enters Mediterranean - UPDATED - SUNK!!!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
russia__s__carrier-killer__moskva_enters_mediterranean.si.jpg

Russia’s Moskva missile cruiser, dubbed a “carrier-killer” by NATO, has passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now heading toward the eastern Mediterranean to assume command of the Russian naval force there.

The Russian Navy said in a statement that the Moskva cruiser passed through the Straits of Gibraltar on September 10.

Interfax news agency added that the Moskva cruiser, “commanded by Sergey Tronev, Captain 1st Rank of the Guards… has enough room for maneuver now.”

“The Black Sea flagship entered the Russian Navy's area of responsibility in the Mediterranean at 11:00 pm Moscow time yesterday," the agency reported a military source as saying.

moscow-1.jpg

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This is getting exiting. Everybody ready for WW3? Funny that this time its not the germans starting it, well, technically they still have time to do it.
Lets just hope they are allied with the russians because the germans always lose.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Having that boat in there just makes it safer. It is like a cold war. That is why Russia does not want a missle shield. Shows of power like this are a big tool of Russia to keep peace actually.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
So.. When I read "Russia's 'carrier killer' Moskva enters Mediterranean", I interpreted it as, "Russia's dengue-carrying mosquito, known colloquially as the 'Moskva', enters Mediterranean".

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
So.. When I read "Russia's 'carrier killer' Moskva enters Mediterranean", I interpreted it as, "Russia's dengue-carrying mosquito, known colloquially as the 'Moskva', enters Mediterranean".

I thought it was some guy with magic blood that destroyed bacteria/viruses.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This is getting exiting. Everybody ready for WW3? Funny that this time its not the germans starting it, well, technically they still have time to do it.
Lets just hope they are allied with the russians because the germans always lose.

Technically they didn't start WWI.

Having that boat in there just makes it safer. It is like a cold war. That is why Russia does not want a missle shield. Shows of power like this are a big tool of Russia to keep peace actually.

They already avoided a pretty close one with that Georgia shit by immobilizing the country's defense and cutting off supply lines so the government wouldn't push. From what I've seen the last few years, Russia is the only major power actively avoiding major confrontation.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The germans started WW1 if you look at it from the right angle. Sure, they "reacted" to the assassination of an important political figure, but they wanted to start a war regardless. They just needed a good excuse.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
...if you look at it from the right angle.

As in, how you look at it.
The right angle is always the wrong angle for somebody else ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying the germans started the war is the wrong angle?
I d say there are people who agree with my point of view, and there are idiots. Now these two sets of people are not compulsorily disjunct, but still existent.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The germans started WW1 if you look at it from the right angle. Sure, they "reacted" to the assassination of an important political figure, but they wanted to start a war regardless. They just needed a good excuse.

No. Austria wasn't Germany at the time; Serbia assassinated the heir to the throne, and Austria demanded war against Serbia (not that the assassination was endorsed by Serbian officials, but whatever). Germany was allied with Austria and was required to back them in war through treaties. France was going to go to war if either of them intervened with Serbia, as they wanted to regain their losses from the Prussian war. Germany was perfectly content to not engage, however Russia, allied at the time with England and France, mobilized it's extremely large military, and Germany therefore mobilized to defend its borders, expecting an invasion from Russia. WWI was caused entirely by the fault of Austria and the reaction by the Allies, though it was rapidly expanded by Germany, but that was because they had two fronts to go on with and needed to gain land quickly to try and keep the war out of their borders. WWII, yeah that was straight up Germany.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know how austria looks like on a map? That small piece of shit is a joke. That country cant fight a war, no sir.
And germany was eager to go to war. They already planned to do it, but they needed just a little push over the top to make it happen. They were glad they finally found a reason to fight.

KMilz

Reaction score
Do you know how austria looks like on a map? That small piece of shit is a joke. That country cant fight a war, no sir.
And germany was eager to go to war. They already planned to do it, but they needed just a little push over the top to make it happen. They were glad they finally found a reason to fight.

You say that like Germany was the only one itching for war. That entire region of the world was, as our history teachers chose to refer to it as, a fuckin' powder keg. Everyone was waiting for something to blow so they could jump in on the action. Throwing the blame on Germany for WW1 just seems ignorant from what little I know.

WW2, I'd have much more difficulty arguing about.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the picture of the carrier launching a missile is pretty badass.

Sorry to skip over ya'lls little history discussion as though it wasn't important :rolleyes:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You say that like Germany was the only one itching for war. That entire region of the world was, as our history teachers chose to refer to it as, a fuckin' powder keg. Everyone was waiting for something to blow so they could jump in on the action. Throwing the blame on Germany for WW1 just seems ignorant from what little I know.

WW2, I'd have much more difficulty arguing about.
WW2 is just the result of WW1. Without the first war things wouldnt have gotten so fucked up in europe in the first place.
WW1 was just greed and craving for power. And germany craved the most.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I disagree with part of that. Human beings are the cause of wars. WW2 and WW3 and WW4 and WW5 are not caused by anything else but everyone's desire to have more or make it so the people they don't like have less. I don't see it having anything to do with revenge or justice or anything like that.

Like the term "haters gonna hate" "War mongers gonna war".

Solu9

Reaction score
WW2 is just the result of WW1. Without the first war things wouldnt have gotten so fucked up in europe in the first place.

True.

WW1 was just greed and craving for power. And germany craved the most.

False.
Everyone was craving power equally. Germany was just the first to engage because of the assassination.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hitler would never have gotten to the power if it wasnt for WW1. Thats highly unlikely.
Furthermore, without WW1 WW2 would not have been called WW2 and thus, WW2 would not have existed.

@Solu: Dont think so. My Crave-O-Meter says germany was ahead by about 0.1395c/s

DM Cross

Reaction score
Any meter of yours is untrustworthy at best. I'll not say what it is at worse, being there are kiddies about :rolleyes:

Whoever is in charge and the order of the conflicts is not my point. I'm only saying that even if the WW1 we know and love (hmm) didn't happen, there would have eventually been another WW1 with a different conflict. Regardless of it's outcome or beginning, there would eventually be a WW2 and there would eventually be a WW3 after that.

These titles are not entirely connected to a definite part of history. They would exist if Germany didn't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.