World Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland

Reaction score
Only 24 hours after the weapons agreement was signed Russia's deputy chief of staff warned Poland "is exposing itself to a strike 100 per cent".

General Anatoly Nogovitsyn said that any new US assets in Europe could come under Russian nuclear attack with his forces targeting "the allies of countries having nuclear weapons".

He told Russia's Interfax news agency: "By hosting these, Poland is making itself a target. This is 100 per cent certain. It becomes a target for attack. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority."

Russia's nuclear rhetoric marks an intense new phase in the war of words over Georgia. The Caucasus conflict has spiralled into a Cold War style confrontation between Moscow and Washington in less than a week.

The stand off between the two cold War powers was underlined by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev, who dismissed US claims that the silo is a deterrent against 'rogue states' like Iran as "a fairy tale". He told reporters at the Black Sea resort of Sochi: "The deployment of new missile defence facilities in Europe is aimed against the Russian Federation."

President George W. Bush in a brief but pointed statement earlier in the day said: "The Cold War is over… Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."

Hopefully these are just empty threats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
President George W. Bush in a brief but pointed statement earlier in the day said: "The Cold War is over… Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."

I lol'd

shawtybaby

Reaction score
FUCK Russia, seriously. All this bullshit today. I just hope this is one big joke, I'm really tired of the wars waging today, it's sickening. *puke*

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Life sucks doesn't it? Russia is very bent to claiming global superiority and I find this pathetic but as we all know Russia, they always fought for this type of greed. I find this ignorant and wish for a final global unification.

That probably won't happen at all in our generation though.....

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
FUCK Russia, seriously. All this bullshit today. I just hope this is one big joke, I'm really tired of the wars waging today, it's sickening. *puke*

yes..you know what, they do like that because they want to show how big power they have. well they only think so.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Life sucks doesn't it? Russia is very bent to claiming global superiority and I find this pathetic but as we all know Russia, they always fought for this type of greed. I find this ignorant and wish for a final global unification.

That probably won't happen at all in our generation though.....

Russia isn't trying for global superiority. The russian life expectancy rate is going down, and they're experiencing a negative population growth. They're stagnating, and this is merely a front to conceal it, it seems like it's just a last gasp to try and appear strong and make them think that they're still a superpower, and to try and make the world agree.

However, the US hasn't exactly been perfect either... they tried to invite Georgia and I want to say the Ukraine (although I don't remember exactly, could be wrong) to NATO while blatantly leaving out Russia... inviting former parts of a country to yourself while ignoring them, especially when you have a tenuous relationship at best leaves a message, and it can be infuriating. But Russia would never actually nuke Poland, as they would then get obliterated by everybody, and like I said earlier, they just want to make it look like they still wield some authority.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Hey thats offensive I'm russian, they are making a mistake, no need to be all hatin' :D

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Hey thats offensive I'm russian, they are making a mistake, no need to be all hatin' :D

I didn't mean that offensively, but some of those statistics are true. The Russian life expectancy is declining last I heard, same with the birth rate declining. However, I might be wrong in the interpretations of this, but it seems like a lot of superpowers have problems after losing superpower status, or while being in the process of falling. But for the record, I do believe that Russia is stagnating under the current rule and they do need a vast overhaul of the leaders, and large changes and democratization (the current administration really isn't the most democratic, it hasn't been classified as it either.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Freedom_House_world_map_2008.svg) Note: I'm not trying to "hate", it's just that I believe that the Russian government is making a mistake, and I believe that they are no longer a superpower.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Using wikipedia should be ur last source of evidence to any claims u possess or interpret. Be wary of this..... Pictures and info from their will usually turn up false.

Reaction score
Most of what is written in Wikipedia is accurate (the accuracy tends to be proportional with the overall importance of a given piece of information and also dependent on the subject matter of a page). In this particular case, the sources are right at the bottom of the page from which that image was taken, so what is wrong with Wikipedia in this regard? The real problem is that Wikipedia makes it too easy to access knowledge. That is why people dislike it.

At any rate, most of the things we learn come from non-quotable sources such as dead trees, television documentaries, the news, other people and educational institutions. I wouldn't be surprised if Wikipedia articles turned out to be more accurate in some regards than many of these other sources.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. Any random site is more trustworthy than wikipedia in my teachers' eyes. Anyone can make a website just like anyone can edit a wikipedia article.

On topic:

Eh, they're just angry because they're losing at basketball. Once Kirilenko starts to hit his shots they'll back off Poland. Anyway, why is it always Poland that gets hit first by the angry superpower? Really unfortunate positioning.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Most of what is written in Wikipedia is accurate (the accuracy tends to be proportional with the overall importance of a given piece of information and also dependent on the subject matter of a page). In this particular case, the sources are right at the bottom of the page from which that image was taken, so what is wrong with Wikipedia in this regard? The real problem is that Wikipedia makes it too easy to access knowledge. That is why people dislike it.

At any rate, most of the things we learn come from non-quotable sources such as dead trees, television documentaries, the news, other people and educational institutions. I wouldn't be surprised if Wikipedia articles turned out to be more accurate in some regards than many of these other sources.

This. If you doubt it, watch expelled, then check it's factual accuracy, and I think you'll agree that wiki can be more accurate about evolution.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. Any random site is more trustworthy than wikipedia in my teachers' eyes. Anyone can make a website just like anyone can edit a wikipedia article.

On topic:

Eh, they're just angry because they're losing at basketball. Once Kirilenko starts to hit his shots they'll back off Poland. Anyway, why is it always Poland that gets hit first by the angry superpower? Really unfortunate positioning.

was it not poland that came onto russia first...? there has to be a reason they threatened them (remember seeing something in news saying poland threatening rus like 2 days ago)
correct me if im wrong. im not 100% sure

and fuk u shawtybaby

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure Poland was given the post of "Nuclear Whipping Boy" by the Russians after they said they would accept US missile bases in their country (as part of the US's missile shiled against the middle east). So no, not because Poland threatened Russia, but because they allied themselves with an opponant of Russia.

and fuk u shawtybaby
And there's no need for that kind of language.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Russia isn't trying for global superiority. The russian life expectancy rate is going down, and they're experiencing a negative population growth. They're stagnating, and this is merely a front to conceal it, it seems like it's just a last gasp to try and appear strong and make them think that they're still a superpower, and to try and make the world agree.

Or they just really don't want missiles in Poland? As I recall, when we first began to make the agreements for the silos, Poland requested that if any weapons were to be put inside their country the US had to promise to protect them from Russia. So... I may be wrong, but I think Russia is more worried about us shooting them with missiles, especially considering of all the countries in the world, Russia's probably one of the most powerful regardless of their current domestic issues.

superpowers have problems after losing superpower status, or while being in the process of falling.

I don't think very many people are worried about Russia's status as superpower. I think it's one of those things that is just there, like the US's status.

Because the sources on Wikipedia are always so constantly being checked to be real and accurately displayed in the article?

Eh, they're just angry because they're losing at basketball.

Well once they do lose then Georgia's going to just go away, Ukraine's going to be fucked for trying to join NATO, and Poland is going to see if they can move.

Anyway, why is it always Poland that gets hit first by the angry superpower? Really unfortunate positioning.

Well... what are they going to do about it?

was it not poland that came onto russia first...? there has to be a reason they threatened them (remember seeing something in news saying poland threatening rus like 2 days ago)

No, Russia wants to put missiles in there and then the US did it instead and Putin and Medvedev, mostly Putin probably, want it to not happen. So they offered us space in a country that isn't their's without that country's consent to put radar system, which we denied because putting radars right next to Iran is stupid, and now they're really really pissed.

And there's no need for that kind of language.

He did say some really stupid things so he had it coming. I think if this wasn't the Internet and he was older than like fourteen I would just shoot him.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Or they just really don't want missiles in Poland? As I recall, when we first began to make the agreements for the silos, Poland requested that if any weapons were to be put inside their country the US had to promise to protect them from Russia. So... I may be wrong, but I think Russia is more worried about us shooting them with missiles, especially considering of all the countries in the world, Russia's probably one of the most powerful regardless of their current domestic issues.

You forget, NATO was created to protect Europe from the Soviet Union or Russia pretty much.

Russia is still a World Power, but it's almost nothing compared to its former self

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Or they just really don't want missiles in Poland? As I recall, when we first began to make the agreements for the silos, Poland requested that if any weapons were to be put inside their country the US had to promise to protect them from Russia. So... I may be wrong, but I think Russia is more worried about us shooting them with missiles, especially considering of all the countries in the world, Russia's probably one of the most powerful regardless of their current domestic issues. I don't think very many people are worried about Russia's status as superpower. I think it's one of those things that is just there, like the US's status.
Russia really can't be considered a superpower any more...
anyways, why would russia be worried about the missle silos? as far as I recall, they're antiballistic missles, which are only designed to shoot down missles (obvoiusly), and for nuclear weapons, they have to be fired at a certain part of the trip to be effective, and these ones are being designed to shoot down missles from the middle east, and Russia could still fire the missles and the ABM's wouldn't be nearly as effective. A large part of politics is putting on a face, appearing strong, and doing petty things to spite other people. I'm not just referencing Russia in this case, as the US does little things to spite other countries to, such as inviting Georgia and Ukraine to NATO, or at least attempting to, and then declining to invite Russia. And about the wikipedia debate, I think that that link is fine, as it was copy-pasted from a different site, which I also posted a link to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.