World Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
First off, this is a touchy subject due to it's potential to become a political thread.
Second of all, people seem to assume too much about Russia. Stop insulting an entire country based on what you think you know. If you have to say something, research the subject first. Wolfshaman seems to have the right idea. I'm talking mainly to Craven and shawtybaby here.
Insulting countries is against the rules in this forum and please refrain from doing it again, because you never know who is from what country on this website.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
First off, this is a touchy subject due to it's potential to become a political thread.
Second of all, people seem to assume too much about Russia. Stop insulting an entire country based on what you think you know. If you have to say something, research the subject first. Wolfshaman seems to have the right idea. I'm talking mainly to Craven and shawtybaby here.
Insulting countries is against the rules in this forum and please refrain from doing it again, because you never know who is from what country on this website.

For the record, I still do believe that Russia is a falling superpower, and that the people need to institute change, as I believe needs to be done in the majority of the countries in the world, the US included. That said, I apologize for trying to politicize this thread, and I will take my leave now so as to avoid trying to turn this into a flame war.

And Ken, I believe there's a differnce between "world power" and "superpower," a very vague one. Basically the superpowers should be incredibly far and ahead of the others militarily, and have the economic power to back it up. However, I admit that the numbers required for these 2 things can be considered extremely arbitrary, but part of it is relative to the size of other countries, and to really be a superpower, you must compare favorably both economically and militarily to the larger or largest countries.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
And Ken, I believe there's a differnce between "world power" and "superpower," a very vague one. Basically the superpowers should be incredibly far and ahead of the others militarily, and have the economic power to back it up. However, I admit that the numbers required for these 2 things can be considered extremely arbitrary, but part of it is relative to the size of other countries, and to really be a superpower, you must compare favorably both economically and militarily to the larger or largest countries.

Well because I am in Model UN (United Nations); Yes I am fully aware of that
The 5 World Power ATM = United States, The Russian Federation, The People's Republic of China, United Kingdom, and the French Republic.
The Past "Modern Super Powers" = The United States (In some people's eyes it's still a Super Power, but in others it isn't) and the Soviet Union...

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Well because I am in Model UN (United Nations); Yes I am fully aware of that
The 5 World Power ATM = United States, The Russian Federation, The People's Republic of China, United Kingdom, and the French Republic.
The Past "Modern Super Powers" = The United States (In some people's eyes it's still a Super Power, but in others it isn't) and the Soviet Union...

As an aside, isn't it kind of interesting that the five world powers were also the five states that were allowed to possess nuclear weapons under the nuclear non-proliferation treaty are also the five world powers? And they're also the 5 permanent members of the security council. Fascinating stuff.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i get this strange feeling this is all related to the chinese olympics, georgia, and bush going out of power. WORLD CONSPIRACY! (either that or im just paranoid! lol)

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score

uh, UK is shaky and France is a definate no.... no India, Japan, South Korea, Australia?... just saying the European Union would have been smart....

I would doubt Russia would be stupid enough to fire a nuke... all the old anti-Russian people (NATO countries) still hate them, and when some new ppl are on the rise (China, India, Brazil) why would they let them screw it up?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
@New_U.S. - Those are the 5 World powers based on by the UN and other International Organizations...

These members are the permanent members of the UN and the UN Security Council, and other major organization... The reasons also because these 5 are allowed to own nuclear weapons, etc.

The European Union is merely an Alliance, Treaty, Economic Community, etc... Not actually a country (Yet anyway...)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
This is like a contest we have to see who has the bigger penis. Only with nuclear weapons and wars :rolleyes:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I also hate how people say this conduct is not allowed in the 21st century. I hate how people think that because we're the youth, we cannot be involved in all of this crap. What they don't know, well, pretending to not know, is that even though it is the 21st century, we are still not far away from all of the past wars that occured only like 70 years ago. But yes, the wars and fights need to be a thing of the past, but it still annoys me that they say "this conduct is not allowed in the 21st century" like they rule the world. Even if George Bush said it, and even though I am a US Citizen, he is going to put himself and the whole country in a whole lot of disputes not with just Russia, but other world powers, if any are to be called.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I also hate how people say this conduct is not allowed in the 21st century. I hate how people think that because we're the youth, we cannot be involved in all of this crap. What they don't know, well, pretending to not know, is that even though it is the 21st century, we are still not far away from all of the past wars that occured only like 70 years ago. But yes, the wars and fights need to be a thing of the past, but it still annoys me that they say "this conduct is not allowed in the 21st century" like they rule the world. Even if George Bush said it, and even though I am a US Citizen, he is going to put himself and the whole country in a whole lot of disputes not with just Russia, but other world powers, if any are to be called.

Here's my opinion on war in general: Ignorance breeds greed, prejudice and other bigotry. As long as any of those factors exist, there will be war. Because they are all forms of ignorance, ignorance is the cause of war, and as long as the human populous remains largely ignorant, their will be war, or other forms of conflict.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As an aside, isn't it kind of interesting that the five world powers were also the five states that were allowed to possess nuclear weapons under the nuclear non-proliferation treaty are also the five world powers? And they're also the 5 permanent members of the security council. Fascinating stuff.

No they were chosen to wield the weapons and serve on the council BECAUSE they were/are superpowers.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
uh, UK is shaky and France is a definate no.... no India, Japan, South Korea, Australia?... just saying the European Union would have been smart....

The US is also going through an economic bad patch at the moment, is it not?
France is, I believe, actually one of the more prosperous countries in the world at the moment.
India is an up-and-coming power, the second fastest growing large economy in the world, behind China. They have not yet entered the fourth stage of the demographic transition model - poverty and illiteracy are still rife, while countries such as the UK and France have entered into the hypothetical Fifth stage, with a (relatively) stable population.

As well as this, nuclear weapons are something of a pre-requisite if a country wants to hold political clout; nobody ever says it, but sub-conciously they understand this sad truth. Of those mentioned, only India has nuclear weapons - and is not part of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, given that their nukes are to prevent war with pakistan (who, likewise, are not part of the treaty and hold weapons to prevent war with India, or rather, keep the uneasy balance).

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i lost you after the first paragraph.....

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Do not forget ambitious countries who sought the superiority of nuclear weapons *cough North Korea. They may be looking forward to canceling their nuclear facilities but their millitary is building up.

In this current period, global policy is failing and disorder spreads among the majority of the world. We are all trying to recover but with this current period of economic decline, poverty, and other issues addressed from other nation, we might see a war or two until we fully recover.

Here is what I say; as long as a global unification is not enacted, a global decline in millitary escalation shall not ever happen. The worlds politicians are handling issues poorly imo and unless someone rises to prevent this; such as the people themselves, we might as well suffer more from possibly corrupt governments.

We will never know. Weather I'm wrong or right, it does not concern me. Shall we let greedy politicans risk our lives for their individual fame and glory?

(Note Offtopic): I heard from some people that the Georgian president is begging the United States to help and attack Russia to defend Georgia. He continues in live conversations to blame Russia for the beginning of the Russian/Georgian conflict and in a way, demands help from the European Union and the US to assist in pulling Russia out. Here is the question. Why did he order Georgian troops to attack an area which under its own personal interest, was in the process of converting to Russia? I find this "Defending their right of territorial claims" argument unconvincing.

Excuse me if any of my statements either offend or are inaccurate but from my views of this issue, I think it's all bias.

Last edited:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Meh, I guess Georgia saw the oppurtunity to have the 'right' (politically) to attack russia. US probably doesn't like Russia or something and is taking Georgia's side. I doubt a war will start though, don't think Russia is that dumb.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
American and Russian relationships has always been on the downside in the 20th century. It just got worst despite us working together against both the Central and Axis powers during both World Wars.

We have the possibility of formulatig an eternal friendship but with all these present situations, we might either have to initate a war or convince Russia to pull out.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hope we dont go into ww3, but at this rate i wuldnt be surprised. although even though if america did go towards rus to help georgia they wuldnt be that much of a threat seeing as how a huge amount of their forces are in the middle east atm.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
I got a good idea now of what Georgians thought when starting this war. They thought everyone would save them against Russia and support them. Georgia got screwed over with this little plan though. Europe is afraid of losing oil from Russia and the US doesn't want to spark hate and possibly war between the two nations.

Russia is in an advantage right now and I just heard Georgia lost all their warships.

Last edited:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
a bit off topic but.....
who predicts this to be the next call of duty story line?
CALL OF DUTY 5: WW3

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
it seems like leaders of Russia are doing exactly as Hitler did, pushing and pushing until someone finally breaks. How much can they get away with before someone stands in?

Georgia declared war on Russia because they were placing troops in their territory and taking parts of their land (so I've heard). Russia is a huge super power that could easily devastate Georgia (as they've shown already). It's kinda like Russia is just slowly pulling the wings off a fly just for it's own amusement.

Honestly though, this could sound barbaric... This world could use a good war, War would open up new jobs and distract people from the crippling of their own society, point the anger towards "them". It would also eliminate over-population problem. the only "problem" I see here is the use of nuclear weapons, they destroy the land and leave most of it inhabitable, not to mention you can't tell a bomb what not to kill...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.