General Rutgers freshman commits suicide after roommate puts sex tape online

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a fatal blow struck from cyberspace.

A shy Rutgers freshman was so humiliated when two cruel classmates secretly streamed live video of his gay encounter that he leaped to his death from the George Washington Bridge, authorities said yesterday.

"Jumping off the gw bridge sorry," Tyler Clementi, 18, posted on his Facebook page just eight minutes before his plunge at around 8:50 p.m. on Sept. 22.

Clementi's suicide led to a swift criminal probe and the arrest of his roommate, Dharun Ravi, and a fellow freshman, Molly Wei, for their alleged vile voyeurism.

----------------------------------
That is some f*cked up sh*t!

Last edited:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Someone posted about doing it on 4chan a few days ago.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I actually heard this on the news again last night at work :(

They've (the roommate and some girl). been arrested and will either serve 5 or 10 years depending on their sentence (if they get charged with something more and I forgot what it was).

Not sure if that was in the article.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As I said on my friend's facebook who posted about this:

"can't not blame him though... if he killed himself over this i'm sure he woulda done it sooner or later for some reason or another."

Durandal

Reaction score
As I said on my friend's facebook who posted about this:

"can't not blame him though... if he killed himself over this i'm sure he woulda done it sooner or later for some reason or another."

That's kind've bull

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
That's the truth.

Durandal

Reaction score
No it's not. It's the hard truth.

Sorry but it IS bullshit, you can't honestly tell me, that if you were emotionally insecure, and someone completely humiliated you that you wouldn't think about it.

That's some serious bullshit

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Being emotionally insecure and being suicidal are two different things. He had to have thought about suicide beforehand. Granted, this gave him the push to do it, but what's not to say something else wouldn't have popped up? E.g., a gay lover dumps him because his performance stinks in bed. "Oh man time to go to the gw bridge!"

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Being emotionally insecure and being suicidal are two different things. He had to have thought about suicide beforehand. Granted, this gave him the push to do it, but what's not to say something else wouldn't have popped up? E.g., a gay lover dumps him because his performance stinks in bed. "Oh man time to go to the gw bridge!"

No they're not different at all. Suicide was the effect of being emotionally insecure. You don't know what was going on in his mind.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Um. What the hell are you talking about? Being emotionally insecure and being suicidal are two different things.....

Would you like their definitions?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No they're not different at all. Suicide was the effect of being emotionally insecure. You don't know what was going on in his mind.

A causational relationship does not make the 2 things the same... it makes them causal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.