Game RYL (Risk Your Life)

Rad

Reaction score

RYL is a fun game, its not entirely free but has a free trial. Its an MMORPG, sort of like WoW except my favorite difference - You DO NOT target your enemies! Its more like Morrowind, as you whack and whack rather than wait for your guy to kill them. Its got great graphics, but its not primary english so dont expect perfect grammar. There are some bugs still, your supposed to report them when you encounter one and login next time.

Pros:
- Has a free trial
- Very fun, pretty realistic
- Many classes, 2 races... class levels up (Rogue > Archer, Tower etc; Fighter > Knight, Warrior etc)
- 4 classes (For the humans at least, havent tried the demon-dudes, thier names are strange and I dont remember :p), for the humans Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, Acolyte. Each level up at level 10 to something different... I havent played much since RYL (This is RYL 2 I think) but there were a list of classes, maybe 10 each.
- Realistic fighter styles with cool effects (You can get hit and it makes your camera shake and red stuff flies everywhere like you got hit badly)
- Day/Night, Weather Effects as well... Random too.
- OPEN! Its not like Guild Wars, you can actually jump!

Cons:
- Expected to pay later
- Not primarily english (But is translated)
- Lots of errors (At least on my computer, I'm integrated which means no valid video card)
- Almost 500mb download, only took me 6 minutes... but that can mean no RYL for some people :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Rad

Reaction score
Once my dad gets back from my grandpa's I'm going to start paying for the game (11 or 12 dollars a month, I was told). I still have 4 or 5 days left to my trial though.

This is a bump, attached a screenshot. Its really fun, if you like WoW you will like this.. If you thought WoW was to unrealistic you will LOVE this.

The clouds actually move across the sky... at night its harder to see. When you are injured your vision is blurred (Similar to games when you get flashbanged minus the white mask, also like MOH Frontline when your coming from the water).

The spells are sick, one I have is Camofluage (Which you can level up by learning them again) and when I cast my Spirit Arrows they do up to 4x damage. Each level you gain you have to charge more, but also increases the damage.

The weapons are also cool, there is blackmarket merchants in the back of town, they sell weapons with no desc that can be godly, or crappy (Much like the gambling dealer guy in Diablo 2).

They actually removed some classes, but added Acolyte (From RYL > RYL:2). Fighter upgrades to Defender or Warrior, Rogue upgrades to Archer or Assasin. I havent tried the other 2. You upgrade at your trainer at level 10 (Might upgrade later on, not sure)

You can use Spens, Sir. Mitchell Stones, and Yiterni Stones to 'upgrade' your weapon (Add damage, also add slots for gems (Rubies, Diamonds, Beryl and a few more)).

Attached a screenshot of the entrance to first town. By the way, they are Kartefants and Humans (Something like that). The kartefants are demon/lizard humanoids.

If you can spare time to download this game, you only pay by month and dont have to pay for the actualy game... and it would be nice to play with some friends :(

[If you do get it, alot of times you might think the game freezes but give it time... First town might be laggy when you log in but type /s GiantHalfling hi to whisper me, Ill explain how to spawn outside]

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
wow that looks real nice, it almost looks like a game youd go out and buy right off the shelfs

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Another nice MMORPG is Anarchy Online, graphics are ok, but there are sooooooooo many items from a red thong to a perimium sniper to jewl making tools... And they all usually come in a level range from 1-200 :D

There is a free "trial" until 2007 (so a year), there are 4 races, I think 13 classes, and the world is huge. Unfortunatly it has the hit and wait type battle so you don't interact too much, but there are a lot of twinking possibilitys so people who are good with numbers (le moi!) are more likely to be godly at this game, and overall enjoy themselves. For the basic expansion pack I think its 7-8$ and adds a lot more items, abilitys, lands and more...

Rad

Reaction score
I was playing today, I noticed in the main lvl 20~30 area there waaay to much grass. Its not flat grass, but my god.. I cant look up without lagging, I want a video card whaaa!

Ill check out anarchy online, I've played WoW, Guild Wars, ROSE, Runescape, Tibia, and god knows how many others... RYL was the best. I wish they made a Morrowind MMORPG... that would be the best EVER!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Morrowind wasnt to bad, but for some reason i got bored of it way to quickly, i think if it was a MMORPG that it would be great

Rad

Reaction score
Ehhh anarchy online is futuristic... didnt know that, I guess "perimium sniper" should have gave that away :rolleyes:

I'm not into guns and stuff, plus it all looks to dark and gloomy in the screenshots. I dont like dark and gloomy either :p

EDIT~Dont ask why Im posting this but heres the main messege that has patch info etc...

Code:
Game : Risk Your Life (RYL) 
Version : 5.530

Announcement : X-MAS SUPER MEGA EXP AND DROPS
RYL will have a SUPER MEGA EXP rate and DROPS for the festive season starting from 15th December 2005 until 31st December 2005. Merry Christmas!!! 

Some of the v5.530 Patch Infos :
1. New Equipment/Items 
Giant Gems added (Beryl, Diamond, Black moon, Ruby, Sapphire) 
150 ~ 160 stat required equipments added 
165 ~ 175 stat required equipments added 
Godness Necklace 
Godness Ring 
Ring of Caernarvon 
2. Inventory Amendments

Ore/Metal stack limit increased to 100 
Gem stack limit increased to 50 
3. New NPCs

2 new NPCs at Caernarvon (1 for each race) 
2 new NPCs in Arena/Battleground (1 for each race) 
7 Stone Quest NPCs added in Aldia Port and Opeiny City 
Tonic Mixer NPCs added in Aldia Port and Opeiny City 
4. New Quests

7 Stone Quest
Gather the mystical 7 stones to claim special in-game equipment. Required Items:
- 200 x Spens
- 150 x Sr. Mitchell metal
- 100 x Yiterni stone 
- 50 x Ruby fragment
- 50 x Beryl fragment
- 50 x Sapphire fragment
- 50 x Diamond fragment
- 50 x Black-moon fragment
- 50 x Ruby
- 50 x Beryl
- 50 x Sapphire
- 50 x Diamond 
- 50 x Black-moon 
- Ancient Gallet (red)
- Ancient Gallet (brown)
- Ancient Gallet (yellow)
- Ancient Gallet (green)
- Ancient Gallet (cyan)
- Ancient Gallet (blue)
- Ancient Gallet (purple)
- 50,000,000 - 150,000,000 golds 
Tonic Mixer
Gather the ingredients to make special Giant Potions
Required Items:
- 10 x Giant Gems
- 10 x Distilled Water (G)
- 10,000 - 30,000 Golds 
5. New Mobs

Merman Guardian (Type: Chief) 
Seaman Guardian (Type: Chief) 
Giant Yang (Type: Chief) 
Merman King (Type: Boss) 
Baphomet (Type: Boss) 
Spirit (Type: Boss) 
Spirit (Type: Chief) 
Spirit (Type: Normal) 
6. Mob Adjustments

Relive Demons and Fire Wings now give you EXP and has a chance to drop Jupiter Treasures 
Jupiter Treasures may yield:
- 155 ~ 165 stat required equipment
- 5 x Gems
- 10 x Ore/Metal
- 20 x Bread 
Level 45 and above mobs has a chance to drop Giant Gems 
7 Stone/Ancient Gallets has a chance being dropped by:
- SK
- Lion King
- Abomy 
7. New Mob Spawn Points

Spawn points added in Arena/Battleground 
10 x Spawn Points on Human Side 
10 x Spawn Points on Ak'Kan Side 
8. Skills amended

Certain skill effects have been amended

X

Xmkiller

Theres a free RYL from another company called RYL 2

RYL 2

It's also quicker to level and higher droprate, everything is the same except some monster and item names are different. Other then that i like it better then the real one because you don't need to pay!

G

g1real

Theres a free RYL from another company called RYL 2

RYL 2

It's also quicker to level and higher droprate, everything is the same except some monster and item names are different. Other then that i like it better then the real one because you don't need to pay!

This actually is a private server as far is i'm reading.. Xmkiller is also posting as a guest so he might be spamvertising.

Private servers are illegal

Edit: I don't think it is, i just took a look at the website.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is kind of interesting and it is apparently still out there as a private server type of deal option. hmmm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.