Ryoko Beta Testers

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Has anyone played Ryoko TD yet? The first one I released? A LOT has been updated, fixed, debugged, and redone.

I'm on the brink of finishing Ryoko TD 1.5.

Note that, I only play on battlenet. The map is designed and balanced to be played with 4-8 players.

It will work single player, but its not as fun and some features turn themselves off if theres not enough players.

Would anyone be interested in running a couple test runs for me? My 'test team' is busy lately, and my best tester started working full time as well.

Heres where I list my maps.
http://maps.worldofwar.net/maps.php?id=6100

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes thats latest "released". 1.5 is still on my hard drive.

1.5 has 4 teams now. Instead of a solid 8, theres groups of two. Two people per team that share lives. This curbs noobs from ruining the game for everyone by leaking.

Multiboard has been added.

1.0 Would crash on the final, huge minigame in single player. It splits everyone into two teams. With one player, there was no opposing team.

Tag TeAm levels, occasionally two creep types attack, with two different armor types. Now you have boss levels, bonus levels, and tag team levels.

Bug fixes.

Mini game gold balances and many small refinements. Like now the tanks can move around. And crack is +4.

Races balanced out a little.

Mind

Reaction score
I tested the old version of your map.

First of all, it was fun to play your map. Especially the "minigames" were excellent.

-The "The Power of The Horde" Song shoudl be louder, as well as the "Credits" music.

-A (flying) hero could make the game more interesting.

-What's the permanent immolation ability for? The creeps are out of range of that ability.

-The "Sell tower" ability should have a hotkey.

-The "Lich servant" can upgrade to a "Lich King". That's absurd. You can create your army of Ner'Zhuls!

-The towers don't have talking animations. If it were units without movement speed, the only deference would be that it has a talking animation. Unfortunatly, you've already created all those units.

-Perhaps you should display the maximum levels in the leaderboard.

-Finally, and most importantly, delete that humiliating, sarcastic, rude message at the end. You know what I refer to.

S

sATARa

Ryoko, your minigames rule ;)

I played your td some more (btw, i wasnt the host... i saw someone hosting it), and as far as i could tell ppl really liked it...
Expecially the minigames

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
it better be good otherwise we would fire him as forum moderator.

LOL, kidding :p

S

sATARa

What does using heavy locker have to do with it?
Does it actually compress a map too?

And why is 450k so big?

S

sATARa

Dont tell me you use dial-up :p
Man, Im from Serbia, and I have cable :D

He he, anyway 450k on a 56k modem should be about a min not 2.5 ... so, my point is: "You owe it to us, Ryoko TD fans, to add more cool stuff... WE WONT TAKE "NO" FOR AN ANSWER... :D

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately the state of battle.net is such that those who use it are becoming less and less patient with each day. If they even sense that you will download a map slowly then BANG you are booted. Doesn't matter what the map size is, it could be 100k, the same story will happen every time. Well thats what happens to me anyway, which is one reason I don't really go on bnet much anymore, cause nobody will let me into their games hehe.

I guess 500k is sort of a good upper limit to have, although I believe games like Tides of Blood are upwards of 1mb.

Its nice to meet someone from serbia, I've never met anyone from there before. I hope you don't have any wars or anything going on in your area, that's all I ever hear from that part of the world hehe

S

sATARa

Well im from Belgrade, and there weren`t any wars that included thas region here... except for the NATO bombings.
But theres a lot more to Serbia than the things you see on BBC as you might figure. For instance we have very, very hot chicks :D

Ryoko you just keep making it cooler and cooler hehe ;)
BTW when will we be able to check those alines out for our selfs?

And theres a thing I wanted to ask you guys.
Well, I have a problem with the size of a tga file of one of my imported models, and I was thinking of doing the same thing to it as you did to your alien model Ryoko. The only problem is I have no idea how to do this. So I was thinking, one of you guys might do this for me :p
Heh... or at least tell me what to do if you dont feel like it.

S

sATARa

I see you found a great use for the model hehe
Make that terrain extremely rough, to get that dirt race feeling

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mind
-What's the permanent immolation ability for? The creeps are out of range of that ability.

I figgured it out.

His immolation range is 700. If you build it along the edge, it works wonders. One or two spaces away, and it does not reach.

I upped it to 800, and put a comment in the tooltip. I don't know if I should make it more than 800, because if you DO build it along the edge, the results would be insane.

Hmmm.

sATARa -
Well, after about 6 hours, the off road game is good to go. Balanced? Who knows! I have no one to race yet. But, since I had to test it so many times, I'm sick of the race. SICK. lol. And since I cannot distquish colors, I used triggers to tint everyones vehicles. They don't look great like that, and its a real pain to figgure out the RGB for 8 colors. (3 are easy, I guess - lol).

I wuz gonna do some speed booster and weapons power ups, but I figgure its pointless for a 1 lap deal. Maybe if it was 2-3 laps, but we would be getting too far away from the real point... a TOWER DEFENSE. It drops a few gold coins here and there, but nothing major.

So, It has NITROUS ability (+75% for 3 seconds, with a real cool legit NoS Icon) and a missle you can fire at your peeps to stun em breifly.

S

sATARa

Hehe, Ill have to check that out for myself... sounds great.
If you`re having trouble with your tint colours, just open up paint, double click one of the colours and define a custom colour...

If you want I can beta test the race a bit... anyway you have my mail...

I wont steal it or anything :p

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here ya go.

Ryoko TD 1.5 Beta 4.

-More single player support
-New games
-New upgrades and researches for towers
-New 'Command Center' building
-New requirements for better towers and ultimates.
-Games better accomodate players and gold
-Balances and minor tweaks
-Changes from testing feedback

(Upon release, this will be Ryoko TD 2.0)
www.griffonrawl-ohio.com/files/RyokoTD15B4.zip

Too big to attach.

M

Mr.Tom-Bombadil

Beta tester

Ryoko i would love to help u bea=ta test, and i will return the favor by letting u guys beta my aolmost finished maul. Thnx

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
please tell me your maul has something unique in it ?

otherwise you are just adding to the over-sized pile of mauls that totally destroyed the good name of the original maul map.

at least you seem to be starting your map from scratch which is something I like.

S

sATARa

First impressions of the new ver.

Real slick from ya Ryoko... very impressive

I hosted it with 8 player, twice and asked them all for detailed comments.
Most of them werent in a very good mood to chat, aparently, but a few of them pointed out some things...
Generaly the balancing was pretty much ok... although all of them chose the fire guy the first time... lol and the second time most of them once again chose this race, and the three guys that didnt, where eather complete idiots, or their knowledge of english ended with "yes", "no", "noob" and "fuck you" so I cant really tell
Anyway, the fire guy was good :D
My team was defeted both times a few lvls after the little jeeps...
I dont remember the exact level.
Here are some of the comments:
"The minigames are too short" - by some noob kid
"They shouldnt auto-aim, we should click oh them" - in that police riot minigame, by some person ( I guess I agree with this one)
"WTF do we do?" - again, by the noob kid
"In the tool tips, it should say what type of attack the tower has" - by someone
"There isnt a good place to put this tower" - by a guy who built 3 of those dragon tow`s that throw a wave
"LOL, the mario sound" - by me, after the mario sound played
"We wait too long after we finish a level" - by someone (I dont agree with this one)
"sATARa should be in the special thx list in the final ver." - by qp_sATARa_dp :D
. . .

As you see these guys werent very helpfull... I guess Ill have to test it some more...
My impression is... GJ

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow, good job. Keep that feeback comming guys... I want all of it! :)

Aight, this is OPEN commentary time. Lets BS about it.

Anyway, the fire guy was good
Fire is the toughest race to play, imo. Its very picky about attack types vs armor types. However, fire has the coolest, best towers in the later levels.

My team was defeted both times a few lvls after the little jeeps...I dont remember the exact level.
Sounds about right for no practice :) Good good.

The minigames are too short
I thought If I made them longer than 30s-45s, we'de be getting away from the whole point - the TD itslef.

They shouldnt auto-aim, we should click oh them - in that police riot minigame
Do you know how hard that game would be? Theres like 40 cops!

In the tool tips, it should say what type of attack the tower has
The do. They all have Abilities, Attack, and Upgrades to - in the tooltip.

There isnt a good place to put this tower - by a guy who built 3 of those dragon
Yeah, thats cuz no matta where you put it, its a line type attack. This works best with Incinerators and head hunters, who poison and slow. Then you rock groups of enemies when the ball up.

We wait too long after we finish a level
I wanted to give time to read and study towers before spending that cash

Sat - Do you have any specific comments about the individual mini games? Are some too hard, short, or not fun enough? See anything thats too lame in the TD? Any bugs I missed? How bout some other strats... I wanted to try going Life archers and working the upgrades...powerfull combos there, too. Humm.

S

sATARa

Heres some more...

Well, about the tool tips, you`re right, they`re just fine. I have no idea why that guy said that... wasnt my comment anyway, I was just writing down what they all said.

As for the auto-aiming thing, well I still think you should change it, and perhaps higher the bounty a bit...

In the minigame, where we shoot the forest animals, I think you should remove that "miss" chance. Its really iritating when you manage to click on an animal, n the dumb ass hunter misses...

And here`s the biggest thing I found:
I hosted a game, chose fire, and started making only the weakest towers. I made tons of them. I only upgraded the range and the damage in the hall, but besides that I just made and made this cheap towers until there was no place to build.
Then I started upgrading them, unitil they were all upgraded.
That whole time, a single monster didnt pass, and I finished the game with all of my lives left.
I did chose "easy", but if the difficulty only changes the amount of lives the teams have, it wouldnt of made any difference.
Ufff... I was thinking of the ways you could fix this, and the first thing that came to my mind is, that you could lower the damage of the basic tower a bit, and higher the cost of the upgrade and maybe its damage a bit.

good luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.