:S this is making me nuts.....

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
ARRGH like so many other posts out here (read most of them) why don't my imported files work?!?!?! all my imported models look like black/green squares.... and are invisible in the game... i dno whats wrong i tried all pathing things i could think of... maybe i'm just braindead, maybe theres something so obvious i just don't see but i took the tutorial and looked at the advice at http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74349&highlight=Import+doesnt+work
please anyone... btw the model im working with is
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/3697/
.... please someone please tell me what im doing wrong :banghead:
i imported the file like in the tutorial... but... but.... but... :confused:

O

OneEight7eve

u needa change the files textures path. go to the site where u downloaded and check the paths. change from wc3imported/FILE to whatever the path says.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
imprting.

Import the model and the .blp

Change the filepath of infantry.blp to just "infantry.blp"

The model's filepath don't need any changing..

~~

To know this things, look below the information or just up the Ads. You'll see there are filepaths overthere.. The ones written red are the important ones so you need to import them..

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok, try importing the model again, and also import the texture, then change the texture path to "infantry.blp", dont change the path of the model, save it and try testing it ingame

mushroom911

Reaction score
ok i guess i am braindead...

It still doesnt work, i tried re-importing and also changing the texture path to what u suggested but... nothing changes

btw is it normal for the file (when mdx) to change to mdl in wcIII when used on a unit?

also... when i open wc3 it says soemthing like "problem loading blabla/blabla/infantry-1b.mdx or something like that.....

mushroom911

Reaction score
btw...

btw some other models work so its something specific about this model that doesnt... i tried w3viewer and the model displayed perfectly....

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
errr please post the paths of the models that you need =P and where do you get them since you need the correct paths

D

daemon1129

wow chill brother Mushroom, first of all, i have the same problem before, but after that, i notice it would be easier for us is to use this tool,
MDX path finder, one great tool for who are having trouble importing stuff.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/481/

This tool let u see and change the path urself, so that u can easily import stuff and not having to check the path anytime. But remember, u only need to import stuff that came with the package it came with, the rest of the paths are the in game skin U DONT HAVE TO IMPORT THEM. And if u are going to use MDX pather, dont change the in game skin path, or it will mess up the mdx file.

hope this helps Mushroom.:p

EDIT: o btw, if u delete the warcraf3importedfiles/ directory thingy, and just leave the the file name in the directory, like for example
bloodmageDARK.mdx
instead of war3mapimported/bloodmageDARK.mdx
with the skin files import properly, then WE should be able to show it, u probably need to restart WE to really see if thats the first time u import it into WE. The restart WE is only needed if the import file have a custom skin.

Shadow14l

Reaction score
Some solutions:

1. Try restarting World Editor

2. Make sure you have ALL the .blp files required

3. Double check the paths for ALL of the .blp files

4. Check the comments for the model from the site you downloaded it from, see if they updated it, or the model simply does not work

mushroom911

Reaction score
Yay!

Huzzah, thanks for all the help guys! i guess i am somewhat just plain stupid.. or just think slow... for osme reason the model doesnt work with custom units for me... but when i based it off on a normal peasant... WHOOHOO! thx guys i owe u bigtime!!!!! (how do i give rep? if possible id like to :D... that is if it doesnt add automatically):D

EDIT: also i think i cant upload models from a portable usb hardware device.. think that mightave been the prob...

mushroom911

Reaction score
w00t?

Ok i discovered what was happening.. is that normal?

.... when i save, exit and open the map again, the models dont load and they display as boxes... but if i DONT save exit and open again.. everything is fine... wtf? anyone know whats wrong?

or wait... the model only works when i open wcIII editor double clicking on the model.. wtf... ok im disoriented

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok i discovered what was happening.. is that normal?

.... when i save, exit and open the map again, the models dont load and they display as boxes... but if i DONT save exit and open again.. everything is fine... wtf? anyone know whats wrong?

or wait... the model only works when i open wcIII editor double clicking on the model.. wtf... ok im disoriented

okay, I dun' know anything about this..

PS: You cannot add rep if you have negative rep..

TO ADD REP..

The scale in every post/reply found in the upper right..

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
This worked for me

I had the same problem as you but all i did was reinstall War3 TFT then it worked fine
but remember to do the paths or they wont work so gl! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.