RPG Sagas ORPG - Revived

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
You mean something like when chen stormstout (Pandaren) casts a drunken haze on you, and when he uses breath of fire, you get burned, you only have different style, like the plant would burn on the enemy causing more fire.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
You mean something like when chen stormstout (Pandaren) casts a drunken haze on you, and when he uses breath of fire, you get burned, you only have different style, like the plant would burn on the enemy causing more fire.

Correct but there would be far more effects. Examples:

Water + Lightning Effect = Stun effect
Wind + Fire = AoE fire
Water + Ice = Frozen Target

The list goes on...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well, you would make a whole new system out of this one. Though it will be complicated that is. But I'm sure it is possible cause Blizzard succesfully done one, though in JASS xD

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Got a lot of things for the new version of the map done:
-Party Multiboard
-Random Encounter

Still working on the combat system

Still looking for help!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
sounds like an interesting idea, the synergy bit that is but...
Code:

Water + Lightning Effect = Stun effect

(maybe its just cartoons but) wouldnt that be Water + Lightning = AoE zappage?

I would say Water + Lightning = Stun, or more like paralyzed but the principle is the same.

Great work steel, you're really putting your heart into this map. I'll give it a try asap and give you feedback :)

I've only reached lvl 4 and this is what I've found (playing as rogue):

-the quest "Goblin Ears"; You dont get to know how many ears you are supposed to collect, and in my case it didn't matter cus I couldn't find a way to return 'em. First i got just 1 Ear, didn't cut it, so I gathered up 6 ears couldn't return it then either, and you also dont get any info on how to return it, but I presumed just clicking the Questgiver as in the way you got the Quest.

-The first skill with rogue, backstab is rather useless so far, all mobs -so far- are hostile so you dont get any chance of getting in their back. As you dont have the very usual rogue skill Stealth. (This could be for orcing players to play in groups, as then another person could hold aggro and the rogue backstab)

-By the Questgiver "Town Baker" the terrain is not as it should be, or more likely the pathing is not as it should be, you see a clear field only regular ground, BUT the character walks a bit up the hill and ignores the path that looks like it was meant to use.
(just realized she walks around so here position is not absolute, however the house with the weird pathing is up from the Pier then Left.)
And in addition while talking about the Town Baker, the quest says that you should gather Grains, but not were. So preumably as not said were to gather them you think it should be close at hand; even in-town?

-Armorsmith sells weapons even though there is a weoponsmith just to the right of him.

-Tool tips on shopitems?

-Loss of aggro from monsters, the first Goblins turn back from combat if you run away a bit, which is a good thing, but -so far- I've met Goblin Adepts and the Silklurkers that dont, they keep their aggro until they are slain. Even as you enter the town (Where the guards kill 'em)

-When you try to equip Copper Chainmail Greaves -and the requirements are not me- it should say that, as in all other items -so far- which states what attribute you lack in and how much.

-Aven as I'm Out of combat I still have a buff called In-Combat Regeneration.

-When you enter Alyssas Tavern -great system of entering a building btw- there is snowy terrain outside, which is just odd.

-I cant enter upstairs of alyssas tavern, is it not finished yet?.

-The hotkeys did not work for potions, atleast not for me

That was all for now, I'll play some more, and add some more feedback.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
There are a lot of bugs with combat in the old version of the map. Version 2.0 is essentially a complete overhaul...So I'm scrapping a lot of things and re-designing many systems. This is why I am requesting so much help on the map.

I'm working diligently on the map as we speak in attempts to get it prepared for a demo of what people can expect.

I do thank you for your time and effort checking the map, there are several things you mentioned I needed to fix.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
After all comments I decided to check it out.
However, I'll do it tomorrow, because im too tired now.

I decided to take a look at the website and found something weird. When you click Sagas, and then you can choose between screenshots, features, changelog, how to... and.... how to. They're pretty much the same, but the first one got more info, so the second one is just like half the first one. I don't think that's intentional, right?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
New Combat System

Combat is going to be very different in the new version of the map. I'll be making a giant post here to house all of the ideas, concepts, and systems that will be brought to this new combat system.

Knowledge You Need to Know Beforehand:
You first need to understand the gameplay has changed dramatically. The player's will be in a situation much like Final Fantasy Forever, where one player is the leader of the party. When in a town all players can move around by individually, while in the World Map, only the party leader may move the group. When in a dungeon, all players may move around individually. Combat within dungeons is still not completely defined yet at this time.

Battle System:
When the party encounters a battle, they are brought to a section of the map for them to do battle. The players may move freely about the area.

-Armor types will be taken into effect for taking damage. Plate type classes will receive a high mitigated amount of damage, Chain type classes will receive a medium mitigation, Leather type will receive a medium-low mitigation, Cloth type will receive a low mitigation. Those players with a shield will receive greater mitigation.
--Unit's with a shield that are attacked from behind will receive full damage as if the shield did not exist.

-Items may yield resistance values of basic elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Dark, Light) to mitigate damage from their respective element.

-Abilities will yield elemental damage (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Dark, Light).

-Items may yield a bonus to elemental damage.

-Hate system will be enabled, each action generates an amount of hate. Attacking will yield hate per attack, spells will yield higher hatred. The player with the most hatred will be the enemy's target.

The Very New Part
-Players will have an "Active Turn Bar" above their head. Think of it like a wait bar, when the bar is empty a player may not use any ability, when the bar is full you may use an ability. This does NOT mean all spells will have a unified cooldown. The purpose for this is to increase or decrease the wait time between abilities and disallow the ability to spam multiple abilities at once. Spells will be modified heavily to take this new method of combat into effect. Now, this might not sound like much, but we aren't done yet...[read below]

Active Turn Abilities
On top of having your abilities, players will also have a book of abilities called "Active Turn Abilities" these are abilities that will store effects within a unit. This can best be explained through an example. Say we are playing a Warrior, we wish to be a tank. In the Active Turn Abilities we would have "Increase Hatred", "Increase Mitigation", "Increase Damage", "Increase Resistance", "Increase <Element> effectiveness", "Increase Evasion", etc... Each time your Active Turn Bar reaches full you may pick 1 of the abilities in the book. When you do, you gain the effect listed. You will have 5 points to spend per battle. Once these points are spent they cannot be undone for the duration of the battle. They reset with each battle. Each ability will have 5 levels of effectiveness.
(Note: The abilities and numbers are not finalized)

(Note II: More additions are to follow as they are compelted)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
One word:
GODLIKE!​

This map is fregging awesome, haven't played so much, but goddamnit, it's good..
Haven't read all the text (there were soooo much !!), but played it, and I give it 9/10.
The funnyness..

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
How do I manage to return Goblin Ears to that knight near village gates (quest is discovered)? Looks like I have managed to create some kind of a bug because he doesn't want them in any way. Am I doing something wrong here? Also when I went to bar what is in center of market square I could not go to second floor, is that normal? That map gets with each time better, nice systems and UI used, I like that map.
(I' m playing version 1.5.9 in single player)
attachment.php

EDIT:
Found out you already know about these issues.

Attachments

• Goblin_Ears_Quest_Malfunction_v.jpg
    Goblin_Ears_Quest_Malfunction_v.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 468

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I hadn't posted an update here for a bit, I was on spring break for a while there. The beta of the new version of the game is almost ready. I suspect 24 hours should be enough.

What is done thus far:
-Random Encounters
-Party Multiboard
-Leadership of party
-Floating Bars implemented
-Cleaned out a lot of old triggers
-Refined some redundant code

What needs to be done:
[Time Key: Q-Quick, M-Medium, L-Long]
-(Q)Zoning from town to world map
-(Q)Test Leadership of party upon player leaving
-(Q)Test Leader passing off leadership
-(M)Dungeons zoning and combat
-(Q)Handle Static Heros
-(Q)Handle Restoration after combat
-(L)Remove testing data and replace with actual game data

About the beta:
1)The advance aspects of what I have described are not yet ready.
2)Many spells will need overhauls based on the new combat (Ill get around to this later)
3)The beta will not include much in terms of a storyline or much of a game to play for hours. It will be a technical demonstration to make sure everything that I've done thus far is functioning properly.
4) Item system is staying the same
5) Save and load system completely overhauled...you can now choose how long your code is...

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I've released a beta of version 2.0. You must be registered with my forums in order to view the link to download the map. Please read the information contained within the post before playing the game.

Thanks,
Steel.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Does it even support single player? I took in single player Millie (rogue?) and ran around town, bar at town square didn't worked (I guess it isn't finished yet). Went to world map, then I could click on Millie icon and select her, camera was panned to area where was just black mask.
I encountered 90% times enemies when I traveled, isn't such high random encounter chance too high? For example add talismans, potions (items, charged items) what lowers/ increases your party chance to meet enemy.
When I went back to starting town (I didn't travel too far, only to get feel of battle system) my hero wasn't in town area or not even near it, I could click on hero icon and camera went to lower left map corner in town and stayed there. I assume Millie was still somewhere on world map where she waits random battles.
Multibars was interesting addition to your map what I saw. I played your Sagas Beta v2.0r map.
Otherwise it was exiting to try it out and I am looking forward to see new versions. Good luck with your map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.