Same-sex marriage

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I say yes, I ignore religion bullshit that makes any person miserable and that includes ANY religion. US 1st amendment is there for a reason.

US 1st Amendment said:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...."

Looks like Christianity is winning. Next thing you know they make kids study the bible because it is the word of "God". That's the same thing as the "marriage" problem, the only excuse is "...God said so".

"Thou shalt not fuck up my life."

Just my two cents...

Reaction score
And I would say the same about your posts, Damien. Except for some reason you want to disprove an opinion with another opinion....

I was hoping you would take the chance to explain how the "flow of life" works and how gay marriage impairs its function.. I reserve the right to call something nonsense if it appears to have been invented out of thin air, and no real explanation has been given in the way of it.

Anyway, when you say that homosexuality is unnatural I do not need to counter with an opinion, because it is fact that homosexual behavior has been widely recognized and documented in nature.

L

Llama-fish

My opinion on homosexual marriage

I beleive in equal rights, its the same as the fact that we all have the right to live so I beleive gays have the right to marry and be gay but we are still allowed to think its sick.

All in all people can choose their sexuallity and be who they want to be it doesnt matter what mine or anyother persons opinion is I think its not right but that doesnt matter.

Zakyath

Reaction score
The bible also says that men should not have long hair (guess who cheated?)
also, if you work on sundays, you shall be put to death
children who don't obey their parents shall also be put to death
can't think of anymore things like this but...

do you guys who think it's dead serious to exactly follow Gods word that these are correct too, and that it is important to follow those?

and what should I chose, if I decided to pick my morals from the bible? If someone hits me, should I turn the other cheek or should I listen to an eye for an eye? Just curious. How do I know what to believe in, if I wanted to believe in this? What do you personally believe in?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score

That's an artist's depiction of Christ. This law is also only for the Jewish people during a specific time, which was over by the time Jesus came a long. John the Baptist had long hair, I believe.

No. Christ's followers "worked" on the Sabbath (Saturday) and they weren't put to death for it (they were eating).

Sunday isn't the seventh day of the week, Saturday is. We switched from Saturday to Sunday for a bunch of reasons (none of them being really good). But we still keep a day holy, so why not. That's what the earthly Christian church thought. We're imperfect too, and I'm entitled to disagree with my church.

I've never heard that in my life. Please support your claim.

and what should I chose, if I decided to pick my morals from the bible? If someone hits me, should I turn the other cheek or should I listen to an eye for an eye? Just curious. How do I know what to believe in, if I wanted to believe in this? What do you personally believe in?

You don't let a murderer kill other innocent people. You kill him because he'll just keep on killing more people. And you can't let a thief steal from other people, so you must put him in jail or fine him. An eye for an eye is a punishment for doing a crime. Turning the other cheek is about turning the other cheek to the people who offend you. It doesn't say you shouldn't defend yourself. No, not at all - if someone is strangling you, you turn around and punch that person until they can't move anymore. But if the person calls you an asshole, then you turn the other cheek and call yourself a bitch.

(That last sentence was to humor you and inform you.)

duyen

Reaction score

do you guys who think it's dead serious to exactly follow Gods word that these are correct too, and that it is important to follow those?

I literally rofl'd when I read this.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Guys, let's keep the debate on topic. While obviously you need to refer to religion in your opinions the main topic is still gay marriage, not bible creditability or the like.

As for my opinions (to get us back on track). I oppose any kind of discrimination against Homosexuals. I'm active in a local group that fights for their rights. It is not hard to guess that I'm all for the same-sex marriage with identical rights. It also believe it should be recognized by all countries as an international law. Check out this map to learn how different countries feel towards same-sex marriage (Did you know that in certain countries you can be executed just for being Homosexual?).

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learnt a great deal from your show and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it is an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies only to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know I'm not allowed contact with a woman during her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I tried asking, but got biffed across the chops for my trouble.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. The odour annoys the hell out of them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that although eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, he feels it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but can I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Your learned expertise in these testing matters would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

SOURCE

So, what are some reasons that gay marriages shouldn't be allowed to have children? Disrupting the flow of life? I know a couple of kids that have gay parents and they really aren't anything but normal..

Oninuva

Reaction score
That sounded a bit naive. Please do some more research and you'll learn that the Bible is a great piece of literature for both the spiritual and nonspiritual reader.

Quoted for Truth. Also number one book on New York Times list.

Why do people even care if men are marrying men and women are doing the same. Were all human...I don't see a reason to ban it. Like people are saying its the person you fall in love with, not the gender. so everyone should have that right

Because if they allowed gay marriages when your mommy and daddy were kids, you wouldn't be here boy.

Gay people can't have kids; goes against evolution and the laws of nature.

Quoted for Truth.

Sterile people can't have kids.... so just because one can't have kids, they have no right to love or be with who they want? Because evolution and nature made them like that (considering that genes do in fact take a part in sexual preference) they go against evolution's and nature's own laws?

Do we need a debate on Abortion / Pro-Life too?

That is an artists depiction of Jesus. If you didn't know, 2040 years ago they did not have photo technology and I doubt that anyone would have painted a picture of a carpenters son. When Jesus died for us it removed many things that we do not need to follow; read Ninva's post for that argument.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
For some people, marriage is a religious thing. By saying that gay people can get married, it is to some people like the government saying that their religion is wrong. That's doesn't seem separate to me.

"Some people".
There are also "some people" that are gay, so if one group gets their way, why shouldn't the other?

Face it, unless you're gay, gay marriage doesn't, and shouldn't, effect you.

Oninuva

Reaction score
"Some people".
There are also "some people" that are gay, so if one group gets their way, why shouldn't the other?

Face it, unless you're gay, gay marriage doesn't, and shouldn't, effect you.

I don't want my kids mixed with gay kids.

Seb!

Reaction score
Then move to a country that is not built around diversity and tolerance.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Then that means you aren't sure you or your kids would 'stay straight' if they were mixed with gay kids correct?
It's like saying you don't want them around girls so they don't turn feminine either.

esb

Reaction score
Then they put em in an all boy school and they turn gay xD
The irony.

esb

Reaction score
When compared to other countries, depending on which, it may be.
There is intolerence in many places in the US though, it depends to people mainly.

Zakyath

Reaction score
@Ninva: thanks for clearing some stuff up.

>I've never heard that in my life. Please support your claim.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21. Advises parents to take "a stubborn and rebellious son" before city elders to be stoned to death if he will not change his ways. Did I misinterpret it?

>No. Christ's followers "worked" on the Sabbath (Saturday) and they weren't put to death for it (they were eating).

Sunday isn't the seventh day of the week, Saturday is. We switched from Saturday to Sunday for a bunch of reasons (none of them being really good). But we still keep a day holy, so why not. That's what the earthly Christian church thought. We're imperfect too, and I'm entitled to disagree with my church.

Sunday is the seventh day of the week, Saturday was.

"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.(Exodus 31:14)"

"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.(Exodus 31:15)"

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.(Exodus 35:2)"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.