Same-sex marriage

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
People tend to only listen and pay attention to what's convenient to them.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
"Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.(Exodus 31:14)"

"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.(Exodus 31:15)"

"Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.(Exodus 35:2)"

Exodus 35:2 - For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

I don't read Exodus too much. I don't remember reading this bit. I'll ask a pastor or a teacher about this passage. I'm pretty sure it was old law meant for the earlier generations of Jews though, yet I'm not sure.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Alright, time to say my peice...

First off, the religious and non-religious people/quais-debate within a debate... it's clear that religion, to a point, banishes the idea behind homosexuality, saying that the pure union is that between a man and a woman. Therefore, safe to say that religious individuals following that code are going to be against same-sex marriage. Turning this into a Bible-damning party isn't going to give anyone peice of mind; to each their own.

Now, my stance. I have a gay uncle. He's a great person, I talk to him all the time, and he's told me a lot about what he's been through. His best friend is a ridiculously attractive single female. My uncle's had sex with her. But it was not right to him. It didn't feel right, and it made him uncomfortable, much in the same way a male hand on your (most of your) leg(s) might make you uncomfortable. He's tried to be with women to end the ridicule, but it doesn't work.. it truly is a genetic thing for him. Should he face persecution for the way he is?

There are no conditions or requirements for any people of any race to get married. Indian people, Jewish people; they aren't persecuted for their marriages; why should homosexuals? We live in countries without religious bias and without control over marriages... if one religion, say, Catholocism, decided to tell Mormons that they couldn't marry because they were different, the very idea of it would get laughed at. Alas, the perception people are given by homosexuals (personified by flambouyants such as Jack from Will and Grace) makes it soooo taboo...

Do any of you have black slaves still working the farmstead? I'm not making a joke. Blacks were persecuted as a lesser people for years. Now it's gays. I say to each their own. Although, I will say, I am somewhat in agreement about the adoption thing... Not that I don't think two fathers or two mothers would do a great job, but I think that it might lead to psychological differences. Children need a mother figure and a father figure. Need. It's the only way for the child to get all aspects of their psychological self. My mother did a shit job raising me, she smothered my sister and I and at the same time was an emotionally abusive alcoholic (boo hoo), and as a result, I am far more motherly than I should be. I care too much, think too much, and put too much on my plate as it pertains to the problems of other people. Imagine what a complete -lack- of a father figure or mother figure would do with the replaced element being a second of the present mother/father... I believe that there are unhealthy elements to this...

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
My statement:

Are gays allowed to Civil Liberties and allowed to file taxes jointly (as a couple): yes

ARe gays allowed to be married? no.

Marriege is for the procreation anbd raising of children. Gay people cannot do that, so I am against them being allowed to be viewed as married.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If you're going to get technical, how about Matrinomy? The union of two individuals.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
But you can get married if you don't have kids, or can't have kids.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
But you can get married if you don't have kids, or can't have kids.

People expect you to have kids. The pressure usually settles in, and the couple have a child who is either spoiled or ignored. See, heterosexuals can have children. Homosexuals just can't.

People who can't have children will usually use a sperm for another parent or adopt. Adopting isn't the primary reason for family units, but it's an alternative. Also, heterosexual couples are normal, thus they're widely accepted by basically everyone making it easier for them to adopt, or I would suppose.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Marriege is for the procreation anbd raising of children. Gay people cannot do that, so I am against them being allowed to be viewed as married.

Wrong. Sex is for procreation. Marriage is a bond between two people who love each other, and want to devote their lives to each other.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I actually don't see the point of marrige. Is it just a status?
IMO, if 2 homosexuals get married, thats fine. I just don't want them going out of their way to show it off.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I can't remember the comedian that argued the point, but someone said "Homosexuals deserve every misery of marriage that heterosexuals get :p" As for 'procreation' in whatever form, read my above post... I'm not going to re-step my own words for it, but yeah... that union could produce a number of gaps in future generation with children sans a parental influence necessary for the development of a child...

Zakyath

Reaction score
that's pretty much what seth said :p

"If straight people are damned with marriage, so, too, should gay people be"

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I actually don't see the point of marrige. Is it just a status?

It's a pledge to remain forever faithful. It's rather romantic by earthly standards, and will say many things about your character. If your marriage last throughout your life, then you should be remembered as a kind and noble person despite the fact you beat your spouse or was a dictator in the bed room.

Religiously, if you marry, then you are allowed to have sex with your spouse. Haha, that's basically it. Whoever said anything about love? :)

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Against; it goes against the continuation of life.

Could you explain to me why you are be obligated to subscribe to the "continuation of life." paradigm.

I understand that the evolution of mankind and the laws of chance put us in a position where heterosexual intercourse is the accepted and natural way to multiply our species. But since when is it the responsibility of the individual to live up to this expectation? An expectation that you, as an individual, had no say in. Or in other words, a fact of life that you were born into.

L

Llama-fish

you dont get it some of you

Who are we to say gay marriage is good or bad. It doesnt matter what we think as i have said before people should have equal rights I dont think people should be homosexual or that gays shouyld be able to marry but that doesnt matter because they as people deserve to get married and meet the demands of their relationship just as much as we do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.