Sci/Tech Samsung Galaxy S III dethrones iPhone as world's top seller

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
(CNN) -- For years tech pundits have been searching for an "iPhone" killer -- a mythical new device that would dethrone Apple's mighty handset as the most admired or popular smartphone.

It may be already here.

For the first time, Samsung's Galaxy S III overtook Apple's iPhone 4S to become the world's best-selling smartphone model for the third quarter (July through September) of 2012, according to new research by Strategy Analytics.

The Galaxy S III shipped 18 million units worldwide, compared with 16.2 million for the iPhone 4S. That's 11% of all smartphones shipped on the planet.

Read more here.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
But the Galaxy is a rounded edge rectangle!!!! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I should hurry up and patent rectangles with sharp edges... I also have a patent pending for squares, diamonds, trapezoids, triangles and triangles with round edges.

also, the color black.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
"The Galaxy S III shipped 18 million units worldwide, compared with 16.2 million for the iPhone 4S. That's 11% of all smartphones shipped on the planet."

Notice they are comparing it to the 4S only. If you include iPhone 5 sales, they are still #1 by 4.2 million sales in a single quarter. And #1 by a large margin. Not all of the 19.4 Q2 sales are going to upgrade to the iPhone 5, compared to the 5.4 million Galaxy S III sales. The Galaxy S series as A LOT of ground to make up.

CNN is slackin..

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
no surprise there. iPhone jacking cost up the ying yang. and Android being a overall more flexible system, and open system.

Even if android cant keep a lid on what version people are running on your there device. Its a nightmare for developers. But for the time being unless you want to pay the apple tax, andriod is likely the best phone out there, considering all the apps and how wide spread it is.

I personally don't use in Android or in IPhone.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I got the phone as my first smart phone. Not saying I am much to judge by, I really only got it because the phone I first was looking at was 3G and the salepersons really convinced me to get 4G stating that the 3G models were about to be moved off the production line anyway....

It is really nice. I will tell you that.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
3G is like DDR2 RAM, they will inevitably be replaced.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.