Spell Sandman

Jesus4Lyf said:
Find the line "set d.part=CreateUnit(Player(15),'u000',x,y,f*bj_RADTODEG)" (it's right near the end, second function from the bottom, in the loop in the most indented part of the code... There's a find function in wc3 anyway) and change 'u000' to the ID of the dummy unit type in your map. This can be found by going to the unit editor, finding the dummy unit, pressing Ctrl+D, remembering the leftmost 4 digit code that shows up (case sensitive!) and then pressing Ctrl+D again, going back to the code and typing it in.
Now you're ready to use it. If you want, copy over my spell from the abilities section of the map, otherwise you can feel free to make your own dummy spell. Mine is nice because it is based off channel"



Why cant this just be in configuration?
JASS:

globals
Private constant integer Sandman_Unit = 'U000' //The Rawcode of the dummy
endglobals
 
Simply Genious......
Although...i am a Hardcore GUI fan...but looking at this spell really maes me doubt, whether i can make a GUI version of same spell or not.
 
Lots of nasty things are in it! XD Take a look... Muhuhahahaha....

Anyway... I updated this to use the latest version(s) of Key Timers 2. I've implemented version 1.3.

Why is this such a big deal? Well, because it's so much faster! This spell can even be effectively multi-instanced now. Even as demanding as the code is. The power of the new KT2 is amazing. :D
 
Here is my post reminding you to see if you're able to make the spell more efficient now so that it drains less resources, and thus allows multiple instances without lagging. I'm hoping for being able to have 8 sandmen on map at the same time without any problems, although I'm not sure if this will be possible.

Thanks for your help though :)
 
Could definately use an update of the KT2 version !!!

But works otherwise....
 
The idea (constructing a kind of shape with dummy units) is great. But it simply looks weird..
 
cool spell jesus

if i wanted to reduce the amount of bears this sandman is made up by , to get even more efficiency is that possible?

this spell sorta reminds me of jonnny's man eating plant :p (made up of tons of individual units)
 
There's actially a small syntax error in the code...

JASS:
	private function DoNewOrder takes nothing returns boolean
		local sandman d=NewOrderSubject
		local real x=GetUnitX(d.caster)
		local real y=GetUnitY(d.caster)
		local player p=GetOwningPlayer(d.caster)
		local group g=CreateGroup()
		local real dd=500*500
		local real dx
		local real dy
		local unit u
		local unit t=null
		if d.timeleft<0 then
			call DestroyGroup(g)
			set g=null
			call KT_Add(function Finish,d,0.03)
			return true
		endif
		call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g,x,y,500,null)
		loop
			set u=FirstOfGroup(g)
			exitwhen u==null
			call GroupRemoveUnit(g,u)
			if IsUnitEnemy(u,p) and GetWidgetLife(u)>0.405 and IsUnitType(u,UNIT_TYPE_GROUND)==true!=IsUnitType(u,UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) then // <-- This line, if you can see it, "==true!=" 
				set dx=GetUnitX(u)-x
				set dy=GetUnitY(u)-y
				set dx=dx*dx+dy*dy
				if dx<dd then
					set dd=dx
					set t=u
				endif
			endif
		endloop
		call DestroyGroup(g)
		set g=null
		if t==null then
			call KT_Add(function Idle,d,1.0)
			return false
		endif
		set d.target=t
		call KT_Add(function Attack,d,0.01)
		return false
	endfunction
 
oh, you updated your timer system? that's cool. i wonder what changed...
was this spell something that sparked your update to KT2?
 
if i wanted to reduce the amount of bears this sandman is made up by , to get even more efficiency is that possible?
Really difficult. :)
There's actially a small syntax error in the code...
No, that's not a syntax error..
What happened to the screenshot? =(
It's still there?
oh, you updated your timer system? that's cool. i wonder what changed...
was this spell something that sparked your update to KT2?
Just efficiency updates, I think. :)
I update what needs updating, generally.
 
> What happened to the screenshot? =(

This spell needs a "videoshot" to fully describe its epicness. :D

> was this spell something that sparked your update to KT2?

Maybe not the update, but IIRC, this spell was your first using KT2, Jesus.
 
is there a way to only let this work while the ability is channeled?
 
I need a hand, its not working for me. It works to summon it, but it just sits there, it doesnt move at all. Heres the trigger that I use to summon it.
JASS:
function Trig_Sandman_Cast_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local real Duration
local real Damageperhit
local real level
    if  ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A00D' ) then
        set level = GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), 'A00D')
        set Duration = level * 15
        set Damageperhit = level * 100
        call Sandman_Create(GetTriggerUnit(), Duration, Damageperhit)
    endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Sandman_Cast takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Sandman_Cast = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Sandman_Cast, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Sandman_Cast, function Trig_Sandman_Cast_Actions )
endfunction
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

      The Helper Discord

      Members online

      No members online now.

      Affiliates

      Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

      Network Sponsors

      Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.
      Top