Spellpack Sap and Corpse Explode

Reaction score
Just a pair of spells I decided to make and though it would be nice to share them with you. Nothing too marvellous or something, just a pair of abilities:

Corpse Explosion :
The Night Lich explodes all corpses around him dealing damage to nearby enemies.

Damage dealt: 30 + 15 * level per corpse
Corpse Explode Range 250 + 50 * level
Mana Cost: 140 + 13 * level

Sap
Instead of one powerful drain, the Lich creates many weaker ones that drain life per second from surrounding enemy units.

Life drained: 5 + 1 * level per second
Maximum targets: 4 + 1 * level
Mana Cost: 80 + 11 * level

Lasts 20 seconds.

Althorugh teh Corpse Explosion is waaaaay too over-powered, it's the spell that matters.

(Didn't catch the corpse explosion, but nothing too great)

Attachments

• SpellsSapCorpseExplode.w3x
    37.7 KB · Views: 681

Chaz3262

Reaction score
very nice there. Good job.

would you like to make spells for my map i have been working on. Check it out on dota Portal.

Downloads, FodBeta6

(dont get fodbetaD as the dueling is bugged)

drop me a line at yahoo msg chaz32621

Reaction score
Well thanks. Seems these [Spell] submissions work like magnets to people :)

And well, yes, once a while I get bored and do something totaly unrelated what I was doing before. Like these spells.

Thanks people!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
First of all remove all "Do nothing" actions, it already does nothing without them around.

And, well, Corpse Explode has a very nasty bug..
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in tempGroup), do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
So lets say there are 7 corpses around...thanks to the for..to loop (which isn't needed BTW) each unit explodes 7 times and does 7 times the damage.

Edit: Actually there is a better way to do the exploding...you can create a new unit of the same time as the corpse and then Unit - Explode on it. The damage can be done either using Unit - Damage Area or Unit - Damage Target.

Just fix these and I'll move the spell.

Reaction score
I know that it aleady does nothing without "Do Nothing", but I fail to see any difference if I should remove it, as it "Does Nothing" ;)

As for corpse explosion... yes, I've noticed it's "wayyyy tooo" owerpowered, and porbably just missed that :)

And allright, I'll make corspes Go boom in your way. Althrough, what if the unit I will create will be used in some sort of trigger (i.e., Unit enters playable map area etc.)? But, well, it's the users problem ^^.

And your idea gave me a better idea. Corpses will deal not fixed ammount, but the ammount of maximum monsters hitpoints.

I'll upload the new version on the edit.

[Edit]
New Version Uploaded.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> what if the unit I will create will be used in some sort of trigger (i.e., Unit enters playable map area etc.)?
Are you saying that the old solution with the dummy unit doesn't do that? :p

> but I fail to see any difference if I should remove it, as it "Does Nothing"
Well...with the Do Nothing around you are just adding another function call which is totally not needed in this case. Of course there are many more unavoidable things in GUI which increase the number of calls even more, but at least this one you can account for.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
looks like u got this one under control SFilip

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
First of all remove all "Do nothing" actions, it already does nothing without them around.

And, well, Corpse Explode has a very nasty bug..
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in tempGroup), do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
So lets say there are 7 corpses around...thanks to the for..to loop (which isn't needed BTW) each unit explodes 7 times and does 7 times the damage.

Edit: Actually there is a better way to do the exploding...you can create a new unit of the same time as the corpse and then Unit - Explode on it. The damage can be done either using Unit - Damage Area or Unit - Damage Target.

Just fix these and I'll move the spell.

Um...you can also create a dummy that will have an abilities for Damage Upon Death..like the Sapper I think it is...then in the trigger create a dummy at the point of the corpse and then make it explode/kill

just a simple way instead of using Damage Area or Unit

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> you can also create a dummy that will have an abilities for Damage Upon Death
Not sure why, but I never really liked to rely on abilities like that. Besides using an action is more flexible.

Approved BTW ;)
Sorry for the long wait.

M

Mysecret

I noticed that the corpse explosion damages the Lich. This is kinda annying since its my favourite of these spells. I die every time i use it.

Reaction score
Well, that's kind of the whoel point so this spell doesn't become over-powered.

After all, after the explosion many pieces of bones, teeth or accesories that were on corpses get blown around, so if it hits you, you get damaged too. :)

Reaction score
It is player's fault if he cannot cast this spell on time...

After all, War stomp works without any enemies too.

>and kills me when no corpse explode?

Doubtfully. I've tried that, doesn't kill the hero.

If there are corpses and hero is standing near them, he can be killed, this works as intended.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.