Crime Satan-Loving Teen Lights Church Fire

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ok, (i might be sounding biased, im a baptist [christian], but ill do my best)

1. Ok, so you dont believe in going to church, fine by me, however, do you not atleast see the trouble it could cause to the people who do go to church, to some people church is a refuge, a place to get closer to God, and some crazy teenagers burnt that down, its not about God, its about the damage costs and what affect it could do to the people around it.
2. Im sure everyone agrees with me, when it comes down to the point of, those kids were retards.
3. I wouldnt be crying if it was westboro.

*OFF-TOPIC *

Unleash the nerd rage!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
One way or another those parents need to get some control over their kids.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
its not about God, its about the damage costs and what affect it could do to the people around it.

It's not about the damage costs at all :nuts:

It's about what the teens did. o_O'

There is a difference.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
One less church won't really change anything.

Its more of the idea a teenager is actually capable of doing this. If all 300.000 satanic teenage girls would do such things.....it would change something.;)

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Mind if I ask, why would you purposely be a devil worshiper? I swear if the only reason people do that is because "christianism isn't cool" —and thats the only reason I can find, because I fail to see the point in being purposely evil—, just fucking become atheist... And there's no need to burn down churches...

I mean, people are usually evil to their own advantage, such as stealing money or whatever. But burning down an innocent church? What does this get you... Nothing?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
innocent church

WARNING!!! This spoiler might contain material that could be seen as flaming, but it is NOT intended as such!

Oh, I get so angry when people say that:mad:
A church is never innocent!
All religion is built on belief, they have caused many deaths. The christians have burned books and thus possibly keept technology a few years behind where it should have been:(
I was forced to spend my ending ceremony in a freaking chruch every year of school! The bible was forced upon me on my first year of school!

No matter how you twist and turn, religion will always cause conflicts, and the only way for religion and peace to exist at the same time is if everyone conform to one religion. Don't even think about thinking that I am wrong before you have thought it thru completely. If you still say I am wrong I will just say "fanatiscism" and "extremists".

I can tolerate religion, I can tolerate that people has different beliefs. But "innocent" and "church" is two words that I don't tolerate together:(

Edit: Oh, and no, it is not pointed directly at bob, I am talking about it in general.

Seb!

Reaction score
The Catholic Church basically began the age of reason. Monasteries led to Medieval Universities, which began the modern quest for knowledge, wisdom, and technology. The Irish monks preserved Latin and Greek manuscripts during the Dark Ages. If they had not, the scrolls would have been lost forever. Many of the greatest works of art, buildings, and literary works have centered around themes of Mary and the saints.

Through faith-based learning and congregation, Islam has given us algebra, the modern time system, and numerals. Countless navigational inventions came from Islamic religious scientists and inventors that led to the discovery of the new world.

Admittedly, Protestantism haven't given us much but war, division, and neo-conservatives.. But, hey, even the Mormons have developed the best collection of genealogical data on earth. And Obama's Baptist.

Point is, we would be nowhere without religion. It's not religion in itself that hurts people, it's peoples' use of religion.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The Catholic Church basically began the age of reason. Monasteries led to Medieval Universities, which began the modern quest for knowledge, wisdom, and technology. The Irish monks preserved Latin and Greek manuscripts during the Dark Ages. If they had not, the scrolls would have been lost forever. Many of the greatest works of art, buildings, and literary works have centered around themes of Mary and the saints.

Through faith-based learning and congregation, Islam has given us algebra, the modern time system, and numerals. Countless navigational inventions came from Islamic religious scientists and inventors that led to the discovery of the new world.

Admittedly, Protestantism haven't given us much but war, division, and neo-conservatives.. But, hey, even the Mormons have developed the best collection of genealogical data on earth. And Obama's Baptist.

Point is, we would be nowhere without religion. It's not religion in itself that hurts people, it's peoples' use of religion.

It's not the religion that have made them invent stuff you know:p
And also, I did not say that religion is wrong or bad.
Religion brings faith, and faith is the last thing anyone can ever take from you;) Faith is fundamental in the human mind, no matter if it is faith in god or in your own abilities:)

But, they tend to bring a lot of fanatics, and they are often forced upon people. I for one think that it is wrong to baptise a baby. I don't know how it is in your country, but in Sweden the church has a confirmation rite somewhere between 13-15(don't remember exactly which). I think that the rite should have a demand of the person being 18years of age in the same way as most binding contracts have. And that it is wrong to make people being burried in religious-graveyards. If my funeral would be held with any religious stuff even near it, I would be haunting the crap out of everyone around it.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Samael, what you seem to be arguing is that people create conflict, and I fell that you are insulting me by blaming religion as the cause. Please, if you're going to state a fact, give me a better reason than just "religion will always cause conflicts," or at least explain both sides of the viewpoint to why the argument that people will cause conflict because they seek personal gain is inferior to "religion will always cause conflicts."

Also, I want to say that it's bad to be hypocritical.

And also, I did not say that religion is wrong or bad.

Oh, I get so angry when people say that
A church is never innocent!
All religion is built on belief, they have caused many deaths. The christians have burned books and thus possibly keept technology a few years behind where it should have been
I was forced to spend my ending ceremony in a freaking chruch every year of school! The bible was forced upon me on my first year of school!

Because I'm quite sure it's easy enough to tell that your negative words are calling religion bad, and that's not even all of you rant.

Basically what I'm saying is be careful, because your lack of thinking through your argument causes it to be quite offending.

EDIT: Now fully reading through this thread, it's disturbing how many of you are saying "Oh it's just a church, it's fine if that burns down." Seriously though, even if you aren't religious, you're basically saying that anyone who is religious is expendable. Are you all really that cold hearted that you don't value human life?

Want some proof? I always like not being a hypocrite, so here ya go.

kids these days... you never know what they'r up to, anyways, im atheist so i dont really care

No, seriously, I could not care less about who did it, just the fact that it is a chruch is good new It would had been a lot worse if it was a school with children or something

dont tell me your another victim of the church, please

I just thought I'd bring this up as it seems to be more of a moral than religious topic (though it is discriminate against religion still).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry Whitesock. I never meant to offend anyone:(
Sometimes I have trouble to put words for what I want to say.
My first post was meant a bit as a joke as well, that was why I put it in a spoiler in the first place:eek:

But while we are at it. as I said in the second post:
I don't mean to say that religion is bad at all. Religion is a good thing beacuse of the fact that it brings faith. That is also kind of what is bad with it in another way.
Faith is good in this context:
I believe in myself.
Faith is acceptable in this context:
I believe in god.
Faith is bad in this context:
I believe in the preacher that tells me to burn witches.

It's the same for all other things with a lot of crowds actually, say nazism for example, that is am -ism that most of us know about.
It is also easier to explain with a faith that is somewhat based on hatred.
Take nazism and think about ww2 and what adolf did, started a war, and the camps and so on. That is all beacuse of a lot of people believing in the same thing and one person aiming that belief on a subject.
That has been done by christianity as well, witch-huntin and the inquisition.
That is really easy to do when people sharing a common faith or even an interest for that matter.
You can also compare it to the people starting rebellions at a football game and many more things for that matter.
And that is why I draw the conclusion that religion is not nessecarely a good thing. And beacuse of that there can be no peace as long as there is religion, nor while there is any other belief either for that matter, or untill everyone unites under one common belief.

Did you get what I mean now?
Yes, I know that the context and the message with the whole context has changed. It's just me trying to explain what I mean, I actually put down a bit more thought to it this time:)

And no, I don't hate religion, I think that it is interesting:)

And to the curch comment you quoted that was made by me.
I still think that it would had been worse if it had been a school, you got to think about the children man:(
And no, religious people are not expendable, but the church is beacuse it is a somewhat unessecary thing, I think that most of their ceremonies could be held in any building, even tho some of them looks nice and have historical value.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The earth is far from overpopulated. Certain areas are overpopulated, yes, but there is still plenty of room.

Room yes, but we are clearly overpopulated when half the world is starving and without shelter.

10b is said to be the Earth's threshold and we are almost there.

Seb!

Reaction score
Room yes, but we are clearly overpopulated when half the world is starving and without shelter.

10b is said to be the Earth's threshold and we are almost there.

But statistically there's enough food and resources for everyone, it's just the whole distribution thing.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I think you guys are looking at the extremes of religious views, there are people that go to extremes to "serve" their religion, but would you HONESTLY, not be friends with a normal person that just goes to church, i mean if the person was devout but not crazy they would most likely by a high standards person, and who doesnt want that to be their friend?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I'm not particularly informed on this subject but, didn't the last religious war happen ages ago? People have evolved... Or at least in Europe and America... Not sure about Asia and Africa (Not that I'm racist, I REALLY am unsure about whether there are still religious wars over there...)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I think you guys are looking at the extremes of religious views, there are people that go to extremes to "serve" their religion, but would you HONESTLY, not be friends with a normal person that just goes to church, i mean if the person was devout but not crazy they would most likely by a high standards person, and who doesnt want that to be their friend?

Of course we would, or at least me. But that would not be an interresting thing to talk about.
That's like talking about the bad things about dogs overall and not even mention pitbulls;)
There are bad things to everything really. I just reacted to that he said innocent church and wanted to explain why:eek:

Edit: Bob, yes it was ages ago, but that does not prevent it from happening again. Next big war could be about anything. I am just saying that religion is not just praying and going to a building every sunday. It can be a dangerous thing as well.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You may not care about God and the devil, but doesnt the fact that a teenager is capable of setting buildings on fire because of her beliefs slightly disturb you?

Not on the slightest. This is just a new way of "fight for your religion" For example the Koran (the muslaim version of the bible) sais that you must fight in the holly war for making people join "the right religion" and that whoever dies for his religion will get 50 virgins in their version of heaven. So basically some religions learn their followers to be uber aggressive to other religions.

I am a 15teen year old and you would be surprised to hear in what messes I have been dragged into, so the age isn't really something to worry about... if it was a 8 year old or something then I'd be "WTF?"

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Well, its by far not always religion that causes wars. Religion is simply a very personal thing and therefor often used as an excuse. Things like poverty, might and land breed wars, actual beliefs rarely do. Its comparable to Bush waging war with Iraq mainly for oil, while claiming to fight for their freedom. Although peace and religion make "valid" things to fight for, they rarely 100% are the things fought for. The man is in need of oil and that he bring peace, well, thats a good thing to have aside from that. There are plenty of cities that host numerous different religions without having any trouble with it, as long as the life conditions are fine. The moment a certain group feels they are treated worse than the others, they will rebel, probably in the name of their religion. Human nature, I guess. In the end, were all nothing but selfish.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought that i was kind of dumb including the "satan-loving" part? I mean, not that I agree with that idea in particular, but I doubt that that small bit was actually relevant. At all. I can kind of see how that might play out, but just because worship of the devil probably alone is not the cause of why she did that. It was like a topic a while ago, mentioning that the kid was autistic even though the article did not require it to make sense, and it seemed like a pointless factoid trying to get people to go against an entire group from the actions of one person.

A headline that is

"Cheerleader hunts, kills giant alligator"

seems pretty offensive if you put

"Buddhist cheerleader hunts, kills giant alligator"

because it doesn't really matter, and seems like it's trying to create some prejudice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.