World Saudi Arabia: Women's Conference... With Not A Female In Sight

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
SCvVKRr.jpg

An image of a conference in Saudi Arabia on the topic of “women in society” – with not a single female present - has gone viral.

The picture features row upon row of men in traditional headscarves and white thobes. A single Westerner in a flannel shirt is the only person breaking up an otherwise uniform sea of what appear to be Arab men.

We traced the picture back to Beladalorb.com, which says it was published in Saudi newspaper Okaz last year.

The conference was reportedly held at the University of Qassim and was apparently attended by representatives of 15 countries.

Much is being made of absurdity and hypocrisy of the image, but when you consider Saudi Arabia is a country where women are not permitted to drive, it seems less so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like my computer science lectures. Its not like there are any girls either...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They have a long way to go. The whole thing is like a joke though. A women's conference with no women but all men dressed like women. Only in the Middle East :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Just like my computer science lectures. Its not like there are any girls either...

I had a girl in one of mine, apparently. Took six weeks to figure out which one it was.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.