SC2 Beta Replays

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This thread is for people to upload their replays (NO DISCUSSION PLEASE)!

If you want to discuss, start a new thread with a link to the post containing the replay.

It'll be neater this way and less clutter.

Think of this thread as an archive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first game in the Beta, it's Zerg vs Terran

Early and Mid-game is in favor of Terran.

Late Game, Terran and Zerg battle it out with air units with Zerg ultimately winning out.

Attachments

• 2010-03-20 08-58-27.7z
    240.7 KB · Views: 236

NuQ

Reaction score
Noob question: Where do i extract the replay file to? it's not showing up when i load the game. :X

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
For me it's "C:\Users\Sevion\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Replays". In there you'll see two folders "Multiplayer" and "Recent".

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Noob question: Where do i extract the replay file to? it's not showing up when i load the game. :X
My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Replays\recent (Or, whatever other folder is there besides recent)

EDIT: The power of gold minerals and a repaired planetary fortress. He played reasonably well - he was better then me, probably. But he failed to take down my expo and got thor's, although I think vikings would have been better.

The 2's: We're both noobs (Me more so then him) and somehow the enemy knew we were zergling rushing. We both lost our main bases to his air, but somehow we made a comeback.

Attachments

• Gold Minerals FTW.SC2Replay
    135.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Epic Comeback.SC2Replay
    232.1 KB · Views: 244

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
So... This was a close call, but we pulled it off.

Attachments

• 2010-04-04 01-15-09.SC2Replay
    297.6 KB · Views: 243

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Lol. Tower rush + zergling rush, with sevion

Attachments

• 2010-04-14 22-51-59.SC2Replay
    54 KB · Views: 222

NuQ

Reaction score
Here is a testament to why you should never give up.

I create a pretty well rounded build, but admittedly get a bit greedy. the enemy masses roaches and stalkers and wipes me out. I spend most of the rest of the game playing defensively, hiding out in my Ally's base. eventually we just starve them to death.

things to learn: massing a single unit = bad. there were several times the enemy threw a lot of either roaches, stalkers, broodlords, etc. and they were wiped out.

the value of force multipliers like the infestor. keeping a few of those around can turn the tide of battle or allow you to attack even though your forces are weak.

Attachments

• 2010-04-16 14-17-02.SC2Replay
    387.6 KB · Views: 234

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Is it OK to revive this thread?:p I just had a really nail biting game. I'm pretty noob so it might not look impressive to you, but I struggled to maintain one mineral patch while he had three, and he was really pressuring me good. I wasn't sure I would win all of the way to the last minute.

He got: Lings, Roaches, Mutalisks, Hydralisks, Broodlords (Not counting things like overseers)
I got: Towers, Zealots, Stalkers, Sentries (Not many), Immortals (not very many), Colossi, Phoenix's, Dark Templar

We changed what units we were getting a lot, but pheonix's won it for the most part by killing his muta's and broodlord's consistently.

It was on the lava map, too.

Attachments

• Epic Close!.SC2Replay
    168.6 KB · Views: 243

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My second game, and first win.
The first game was devoted to learning the tech-tree and the sort. :)
Obviously, I'm inexperienced, though I did think the game was intense. :p

I learned the importance of scouting in this game too; If I hadn't seen what he was going, I would've been slaughtered with the units I was going for.

Attachments

• First Win.SC2Replay
    185.9 KB · Views: 229

NuQ

Reaction score
this one is a rather humourous match i played last night in a 1v1 gold league match. we were both zerg, my enemy threw every expected cheese tactic at me. first he massed speedlings, then mutalisks. each time i countered succesfully, eventually he quits in frustration when i get a group of roaches into his base.

Dear Zerg players: if you're going to use cheese strategies, at least have the foresight to work on a contingency in the event your cheese fails, or else you'll end up like this guy.

Attachments

• Steppes of War - Defeated Mozarella.SC2Replay
    96.1 KB · Views: 225

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow, your opponent was really pretty terrible...

It's like everything he could do wrong he did...

Attacking a spine crawler with his mutas instead of a spore crawler in the making, epic lawlz.

NuQ

Reaction score
Yeah im pretty certain the guy had never played a game that lasted longer than 10 minutes, if his cheese fails - GG... or as he says "bg" hehehehehe.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
sevion gets cheesed by lings and then reapers and then banshees but we manage to win eventually

Attachments

• sevion recovers from ling-reaper cheese.SC2Replay
    94.4 KB · Views: 217

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
How do you play these replays,Sc2 opens them but it never fully loads.

I tried going to the replay file and dropping it there. But it didn't load again and said unaccessible files o_O

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
sign into B.net and then at the top left there is a button that looks like a video camera that says "replay"

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
sign into B.net and then at the top left there is a button that looks like a video camera that says "replay"

I did, thats what happened with the unaccessible file. I drag and dropped it into replay folder and it was there. So I tried replaying when that error occurred via battle.net

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.