Sc2 Forum: scumedit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You can go free and get good stuff look at silkroadforums.com. The problem I have is people trying to go free on VBulletin. There are lots of free solutions you don't start needing VBulletin power until you start getting like 150 unique IPs online at a time average like we do. The other stuff is just as good but VBulletin is easier and better maintained against hacks.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Besides I have no need for a forum anyway. And also I seen from many forums that opens up and puts up ads here that most forums die out pretty quickly. Only a few survives and gains more popularity and more activity.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That is true but the scumedit domain name that has been obtained is going to make that forum a player. We are going to have a forum as well but it will not go out until the game is released. If we can get a sneak peak at the editor though....

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I can't wait for it to come out. As soon as I get it I'm going to play the campaign for hours then look around the scumedit. Why is it called that anyway? I hope it's somewhat like the WorldEdit because I got used to it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
U - Universe.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Historical reasons I guess.

An incredible number of years ago, there was a great SC moderator here, going by the name of "scmaker".
According to ancient lore, that was the contraction of "scm" and "maker". (Talk about creative...)
Where "scm" is, simply, the file extension used by StarCraft (1) maps. (They used scx on Brood War)

Now, people in general, and Blizzard in particular, have that tendancy to try to "read" even random blobs of characters.
When you try that on "scm"... there's really not much choice.
It already rather naturally sounds like "scum".

The rest, as they say, is history.

Alternatively, I just made this all up as I wrote it.

Yours,
AceHart

P.s. Star Craft Updated Map (editor)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
An incredible number of years ago, there was a great SC moderator here, going by the name of "scmaker".
According to ancient lore, that was the contraction of "scm" and "maker". (Talk about creative...)

Wasn't this you, or am I imagining things?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Would be awesome If you added a skin...you know a starcraft skin across the whole V Bulletin...it looks plain and the banner is so colorful

L

LilSniper

I am trying to convince my co-admin to get a different one.

The one we have right now looks pretty good by itself, but it doesn't match with the banner, as you said.

Tonks

Reaction score
Skin it yourself. It takes some time and a bit of practice, but it's worth it to make it match up.

L

LilSniper

The skin we have now is temporary, but can you guys let me know if it's there or not. Some people are complaining that the default is still showing up, but others claim that the intended green skin is displaying.

Thanks.

BlueSin

Reaction score
You're missing the logo, the tiled bg, and the rollovers in the header. Why didn't you do a clean install? :)

L

LilSniper

That's weird because I see the banner.

It wasn't my fault. The guy in charge of our servers didn't really know how.

L

LilSniper

We completely remade the site with a new skin. In strongly encourage you to check it out. I have spent alot of effort and time on this to make the site enjoyable to you all.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.