SC2 Spell Ideas

Kyuft

Reaction score
Hey TH.net,
I think I have seen a few Spell Idea Threads, but most of them are dead or aren't updated. So, I thought that I would start a new one because it would be helpful for people to be able to look at other people's ideas and either use them or help fill their fountains to give them ideas.

Template:
Name:
Type:
Targets:
Description:
Extra 1:
Extra 2:

No Parse-Template:
[noparse]Name:
Type:
Targets:
Description:
Extra 1:
Extra 2:[/noparse]

Add more fields if needed.

You can have multiple spells per post.

Spells:
  1. Lion's Pride -Kyuft
  2. Barricade -Siretu
  3. Power Overwhelming -Siretu
  4. Death's Embrace -Kyuft
  5. Death Bomb -Fulla
  6. Murderer's Mask -Kyuft
  7. Static Shock -GFreak45
  8. Berserker's Rage -Kyuft
  9. Reflective Bullet -Kyuft
  10. Drone Swarm -Jokker

-Kyuft:shades:

Kyuft

Reaction score
I'll start with one.

Name: Lion's Pride
Type: Passive Buff/Stance
Targets: Self
Description: As the caster's health decreases, s/he takes less damage and gains a little attack speed.
Extra 1: Feel free to adjust the numbers yourself.
Extra 2: If the unit is missing 40% health, he will take 20% less damage, and will gain 10% attack speed respectively.
Extra 3: Should be used on a more tanky melee unit.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'll fill out with some of the upgrades I used for Square Control.

Template:
Name: Barricade
Type: Defensive
Targets: Point
Description: For a small energy cost, the Raven may call down a barricade at a target location(It's just a renamed supply depot that doesn't give supply) which can be lowered into the ground and back up to allow/prevent movement. It lasts for 45 seconds.
Extra 1: Basically, this functions like a force field but you can't create it if there's units in the way so in that sense, they're not as good. However, they last longer and you can raise and lower them.
Extra 2: This ability was pretty nice to play around with on Square Control since Square Control is mostly just flat all over and surrounds with zerglings are very good. Protecting squares by calling down barricades around your army was very successful in the right situation.

Template:
Name: Power Overwhelming
Type: Offensive/Support
Targets: Unit (Enemy or allied, doesn't matter) (You might want to make it have a small AoE
Description: Increases the target's movement speed by 50% but also increases the damage it takes by 50%. Lasts for 12 seconds.
Extra 1: This can be a very powerful ability if used correctly. Since you can target both enemies and allies alike, it has different uses. Use it to quickly pull back vulnerable units or to travel faster with a small strike group of powerful units. Use it on the bigger offensive units of your opponent but be aware that if he notices, he might use the speed bonus to escape quickly.

Kyuft

Reaction score
Name: Death's Embrace
Type: DoT/Debuff
Targets: Enemy Unit
Description: A dark energy grabs the unit, holding them in place and dealing damage every second. While the unit is targeted by the ability, it cannot attack and has 75% less armor. Lasts 6 seconds.
Extra 1: If the unit dies before the spell is over, it will restart it's duration and jump to another unit.
Extra 2: Change the numbers if you want
Extra 3: Damage: 20 per second. Cooldown: 1 minute
Extra 4: If used correctly, can be a very powerful spell. Use with support hero. If it is used incorrectly and the unit isn't killed, it will be wasteful.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Lol how everyone CnP#d the 'Template' part as well.

Name: Death Bomb
Type: Buff
Targets: Friendly Unit
Description: Places a dark soul destroying time bomb on target unit. The buff takes 10 seconds to charge up and then detonates the unit dealing heavy AoE damage.
Extra 1: If the unit is killed before the buff finishes, it only explodes for minor damage.
Extra 2: Can change to castable on enemy unit's as well.

Kyuft

Reaction score
Name: Murderer's Mask
Type: Passive/Active
Targets: Caster
Description: Whenever the unit kills an enemy, it gains % maximum health, but loses % attack speed and movement speed.
Active Effect: When cast, the unit loses the passive, and loses % current health. Also, he gains aggro of every unit within the range of the unit's vision (+5). Regains passive after 2 seconds.
Extra 1: Makes the player weigh the pros and cons of each path (activate active, or keep with passive). This makes the unit more interesting and skill-based.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Name: Static shock
Type: Passive
Targets: Enemy
Description: You energize yourself creating a barrier of static electricity around you. This barrier has multiple effects, that can be procced when damage is taken.

Chance when damaged effects:
  1. Electron barrier: blocks a small ammount of damage with every hit for a short period of time and increasing the chance the the other static shock effects proc
    [*]Opposite attraction: slowly pulls the damage-er towards you over a few seconds, they are stunned durring this time
    [*]Electric Current: deals damage to the target that hit you then bounces to other targets, only stopping when there are no targets to bounce to in range
    [*]Energized: your electric barrier shocks your heart causing it to pump blood faster increasing your movement and attack speed greatly for 4 seconds

Active Effect: You immediately discharge your barrier causing large area damage and stunning enemies hit. Until the cooldown is completed the passive effects lay dormant.

Kyuft

Reaction score
Name: Berserker's Rage
Type: Channeled/Buff
Targets: Caster
Description: The caster let's out his anger, releasing a fury of attacks. After his blood starts pumping, he gains +10% attack speed. As the caster lets out his rage, he becomes careless and takes 5% more damage.
Extra 1: Use on a melee unit. Preferably one that is big in size.

Name: Reflective Bullet
Type: Bouncing Attack
Targets: Enemy Unit/s
Description: The caster fires a bullet in the target direction. When the bullet hits a unit, structure, or wall, it bounces off at the reflected angle. If the bullet bounces more than 2 times in a row without hitting a unit, it explodes, dealing a small area of damage.
Extra 1: Use on a ranged unit (with a gun).

Jokker

Reaction score
Name: Drone Swarm
Type: Attack/disable spell, channeling. (Targeting like ghost nuke ability animation = points target with red lazer) If lazer channel is canceled, the drones stop moving.
Targets: Enemy unit
Description: The caster targets a unit, which sends down 3 drop pods from the sky, next to the caster. These pods all have one drone in it (spider mine skin, 3 different coloured units). These drones try to rush to the target enemy unit. Drones are not commandable. The drone abilities are below.
Drone 1: Red drone. Tries to rush to the enemy unit to self-destruct. Will deal AoE damage to all units in range. (Even friendly units get damaged). This drone will die in 3 seconds if doesn't catch up to target enemy unit. Still deals AoE.
Drone 2: Blue drone. Tries to rush to the enemy unit. Surrounds enemy unit in circle with force-fields preventing him from escaping for 1.5 seconds (on impact). They can only escape if they have somekind of a tunneling or leaping ability. Dies in 4 seconds if doesnt reach the target enemy unit.
Drone 3: Green drone. Stands next to caster and tries to protect it from harm. (Takes any 2 hits from enemy units) This drone dies in 1 hit or after 5 seconds, if not destroyed.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
its a cool idea, but what does the blue drone do? u didnt explain the force fields...

Kyuft

Reaction score
Name: Acid Rain
Type: AoE/ DoT
Targets: Point
Description: The caster calls a cloud of acid rain to pour at a point. Deals damage to all enemies in range. Also applies a DoT to the enemies that are affected.
Extra 1: Use on a ranged caster/ Mage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.