Sc2 Tilesets, Cliffs and Models

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if someone would be kind enough to post the texture file of any sc2 tileset and cliff so that I could get a head start in sc2 with making custom tilesets and cliffs. I want to prepare for a mod I want to make for sc2 and I want to create a lot of custom models to fit its theme so if possible, could someone post a cliff and tile so that its openable in photoshop. And my last question, which 3ds Max would you prefer to model sc2 models? I saw some people testing sc2 models in various versions of 3ds Max and I was wondering, which version should I use?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check them out soon. Its a model? Isn't the wc3 cliff a model too though? And would it be still possible to get its texture file? THanks a lot +rep.

EDIT!: I can't seem to open the dds file with photoshop CS3. Is there any sort of converter to make it into a JPG or something?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Umm I downloaded everything but the tile isn't really what I expected. Im just getting one picture of like dirt and thats it and the alpha is over the entire picture. Is it supposed to be like that? Cause if it is, how do I make the sides of the tile?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Oh damn I think Blizzard has really changed the tiles. It seems that the file you gave me is meant to be just one square rather than having sides and stuff attached to the tile like in wc3. Send me a grass tile or something to see if the alpha and image is similar to the previous one you gave me.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Intresting, seems like all the tile sets are simply one tile rather than wc3's with borders and all. I have a question, if I ever did make a tile, would you be able to import it into your map and send me a picture of how it looks like? I don't know how to but I believe this has already been done and I want to have a feel for how the tile will look ingame. And my last request, could you send me a texture used for the cliff models? I know they are models but there has to be textures for them in the MPQ. If you find it, please send it to me. Thanks a lot too +rep.:)

Arkless

Reaction score
Intresting, seems like all the tile sets are simply one tile rather than wc3's with borders and all. I have a question, if I ever did make a tile, would you be able to import it into your map and send me a picture of how it looks like? I don't know how to but I believe this has already been done and I want to have a feel for how the tile will look ingame. And my last request, could you send me a texture used for the cliff models? I know they are models but there has to be textures for them in the MPQ. If you find it, please send it to me. Thanks a lot too +rep.:)

sure, I could do both

But I think you won't get the result you are hoping for.
(google pic to sc2) http://static.computergames.ro/cg/assassin/images3/starcraft2/starcraft2-086.jpg
You always got parts of the tilesets mixed together with each other.

Will add the cliff thingies with the first edit :3

edit: http://file.qip.ru/file/124508742/55a68f54/blub.html

edit2: has nothing todo with this topic, but look at this picture :3
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2602/editorv.jpg
(troll)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I know, and some tiles are bigger than others which tells us that Blizzard will allow tile scaling in the editor. And that editor, is it real cause it really looks like warcraft 3 and the video's of the editor from Blizzcon looked way different. Ill get started on my tile and send it to you as soon as Im done. Thanks a lot!:)

EDIT: Checked the cliffs, very weird because one of them is all yellow i have no clue why and another is very blurry. THe first one seems good so I'll use that as a refrence +rep if I can :p

Arkless

Reaction score
I dunno wich is which, but in S][C you got different textures for the following purposes:
- reflection angle
- reflection color
- light emission
- bump map (not sure about this)
- normal texture

but I only found 3 for the cliffs

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Oh damn thats pretty cool, you can have reflections on your cliffs. Seems a bit too much for now, I'll stick to custom models, textures and tiles for now. Once Im a bit more experienced and if I need to, Ill check out the cliffs. Thanks a bundle :p

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Pretty cool nice to get some models too. Now I konw roughly what size is acceptable. I didn't make a texture, I sorta copied one. Making a tile takes a really long time and I wanted to test a few theories out before I fully made one. I will send you the tile via private messages rather than giving them out to everyone. Please test it out. Make back ups because I really don't want to screw up your sc2 permanently. Take pictures of how it looks like in-game please.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.