SC2 will not provide LAN

ibrahim33

Reaction score
that fucking sucks. i love going to internet cafe's to play wc3 tft with my friends via lan

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
that fucking sucks. i love going to internet cafe's to play wc3 tft with my friends via lan
At least, the place where you're going, has permission to host WC3 games for your friends to play via LAN. Read the post above yours to see why.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I was pretty sure that a huge chunk of popularity for the original Starcraft was people playing tournaments on a LAN. Why would they cut off their own arm?

And I don't think Blizzard needs to worry about pirates.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I was pretty sure that a huge chunk of popularity for the original Starcraft was people playing tournaments on a LAN. Why would they cut off their own arm?

And I don't think Blizzard needs to worry about pirates.
Yes they do. It can affect their market shares financially. They, and all other industries are fighting against piracy, so it's important for them worry about it.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Yes they do. It can affect their market shares financially. They, and all other industries are fighting against piracy, so it's important for them worry about it.

Oh. For a second I thought we were talking about the company that owns World of Warcraft, which has 11+ million subscribers at 15 bucks a month + addition fees.

Nevermind then. I can see how some pirates can wreck them.
;)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Hm...in market shares, World of Warcraft and Warcraft Universe are separate things. Even if a company is earning millions of dollars in one place, it doesn't want another place losing its profit. If you're counting by large numbers, you'll see the difference between profit and loss. There's a big line in between.

If the company didn't step up to take on piracy, then the hard-earned money which came from WoW will have to pay off the other market shares. Which means, it's going down.

Nevermind, I'm just an amateur speculative guy.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
This is just me talking...but I would think that Blizzard loses a very small profit from pirates. Considering that most pirates wouldn't buy the game anyways, and probably a decent amount buy the game afterwards (to play on b.net).

Maybe I'm wrong about that...but you still have to concede that WoW can more than pay their bills :p

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
This is just me talking...but I would think that Blizzard loses a very small profit from pirates. Considering that most pirates wouldn't buy the game anyways, and probably a decent amount buy the game afterwards (to play on b.net).

Maybe I'm wrong about that...but you still have to concede that WoW can more than pay their bills :p
Maybe it's because part of WoW is Activision's share.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So you guys mean to tell me that there will be no lan but I can play it via internet. That is so sick. Why did blizzard do this? I think they need to see that LAN games are the most important for me(and for more people than me I think). This will be unacceptable. Well if those are the facts i guess i will play sc2 only for the story...

En taro The Helper my friends

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So you guys mean to tell me that there will be no lan but I can play it via internet. That is so sick. Why did blizzard do this? I think they need to see that LAN games are the most important for me(and for more people than me I think). This will be unacceptable. Well if those are the facts i guess i will play sc2 only for the story...

En taro The Helper my friends
We have no choice but to pay the price.

And what does En Taro means? "Help The Helper, my friends"?

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
En taro The Helper my friends = In honor of The helper my friends. In starcraft the protoss breathren begin their talk with En taro Adun = In honor of Adun(A fallen protoss warrior)...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I see. I always thought, why is Hamtaro in there...why a hamster?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I find it REALLY REALLY hard to believe they won't include some sort of offline LAN feature, even if it is some sort of "Offline Bnet" like mentioned above. If they do cut it out for good, that would be an incredibly stupid move on their part...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
All cybercafes will have access to SC2 by:

1. Getting permissions from the sponsors.
2. Using TCP/UDP Protocols.
3. All must log onto a Battle.Net realm.
4. Then play with lagging times of nearly 250 pings. I think it's the fastest for a computer, with optic fibers, to connect to a nearest Battle.net realm, then back to the computer just sitting right next to you, who also have optic fibers.

Fight that! DotA hosts!!

---------------------------

Right, I think I know what Blizzard is try to do. Cutting off bot hosts, and forcing players to hoist the limitation of "less then 250 pings" for a Battle.net game, and fighting back piracy.

Actually, if you go to Garena, a third party server program that connects world gamers all over the world, you'll find many players pirating Warcraft 3. I hate those bullshits of them.

Hell yeah! I support Blizzard, even if they disabled my CD Key for unknown reasons...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
tom_mai78101, I respect you, so far you have given only good points. But read my lips:

BATTLE NET IS FOR LOOSERS

Why? Well, I personally hate and swore never to get back to b.net is because, every time we strarted a dota game, after the first blood (the first killed player hero) in 90% of the cases atleast 2 people left. The level of both dota and melee games is a lot shittier then that in GGC, and people swear. Yes, I do get pissed when I am called "shit faced cock sucker with what ever in my ass" just because I play good or I refuse to call them names in return. If something like this happens you just have to report that guy, and he will get a ban from that room in the second, and when the folks from garena have a look at the case (24 hours max) a sufficient punishment will be given. IN battle.net it is all dudes and games in 1 looby. In Garena there are loobies only for dota, only for melee, for RPG maps, for TD's and much, much more.

You see Tom, you can't get pissed at people for choosing the better thing. I own warcraft, and since a coupple of patches, I am having trouble connecting to battle.net. DO you know what ? I don't care. I am glad that I have only Garena because like stated above, I am sick and tired of noobs and lifeless nerds screwing my games.

Indeed, Tom, the no LAN feature is made truly to stop the pirating, but then again, releasing a game with NO lan is most certainty an EPIC FAIL. And piracy is undefeatable. Before I herd that there is gonna be no lan, I was going to purchase all 3 games, play in Garena and check how are things in battle net every now and again perhaps promote my maps. BUt after this shit... I have 3 PC's in my house for fuck's sake. 3 PC's! I have a forth that is not connected yet due to a lack of space. And now, no lan. Imagine how pissed I am.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
tom_mai78101, I respect you, so far you have given only good points. But read my lips: <snipped, due to sheer size>

I also respect you, not only because you have the same idea as I do about DotA, but also, you pointed out how dependent WC3 players are at LAN.

I also can't host well, usually getting myself shunned at for slowness...

So, rep to you!

you guys need to chillax. seriously..Raging won't help anyone.

Right. From here, I'm unsubscribing. +rep to you, mate! :D You earned it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>So, rep to you!

You deserve some as well :p (here you go)

>you pointed out how dependent WC3 players are at LAN
I do hope that me and the other guys who signed that pettition didn't loose their time :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.