school choices

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Im realy confused now its this time in life you gotta decide what to take ...

well im realy into this whole computer programing thing [ c++ , java and jass ] Well ....... Learning lol. [ But im liking learning it ]

what should i take as my choices ?

Please help me im realy stuck as what to do with my life.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
you must think about it you self, what you want to do.
we can't chose for you. and if you like programing so go for it
and maybe you find something else, so why not..listen on you self.
btw : how old are you?

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im 13 going 14 soon and ive got my choices to make .

I like maths [ highest in class ]

But i like to learn programing

Im kinda stuck what i should take

Btw : Can i take choices as like programing?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A little bit long...

Take your time and suggest you talk to your teacher or someone who has a background similar to computer programming.

If you are to pick the language that you're going to use to program, you can pick in any way you desired to learn. You can choose whether to learn 1 type of language or more than 1 types of languages. Out there, there's a lot of options you can choose to learn. Each languages have their own advantages and disadvantages, so take the ones which suits you the best, or at least the most.

Another option, and a much faster way, is to flip a coin. Choose which language you want, and then flip the coin. Call whichever one and then go with that option. Simple, and easy.

And even though math is your best subject, just that one doesn't mean that you can rush in and learn the languages. You need to think very logically, not complex ones but reasonable ones. Like giving a lecture to a person in the audience who always rants on with other reasons, and which those reasons usually confuses the rest of the audience, and you're trying to make him be convinced by your words.

I suggest that you wait 2 more years and then re-think about that one for a minute.

All of the above are just my opinions, please take them humorously.
-------

Otherwise, if you don't like to read that much, just choose the language that's easy for you to understand.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yes im going to ask some teachers aswell

but anyway i flipped the coin and it landed for c++

im realy going to take some time thinking about this though

Thanks
Tom Mai

I realy apreciated you helping me.

But how can i wait 2years?

Ive got to make my choices by next summer

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say you decided to learn C++. If you learn C++ early, chances are you might be too busy with your homework, and might end up forgetting some basics of C++ after a while, like after 1 semester or so. After 2 years, once you have your stuffs organized and your schedules all planned out, you may then have enough time to concentrate on programming.

Be warned, programming takes a lot of time, much more than expected. I had been there, done that, and now I'm regretting. Don't follow me.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
oh now i mgetting what your saying but then what should i take as my choice?

if im not not going to be studying that like [ early ]

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to try and give a few points for you to consider. As an opinion, I suggest you first learn one of these:

C++

1. Quite simple and to the point.
2. Sometimes, you might forget what it is supposed to do.
3. Basically an advanced level programming language.

C#

1. It's new.
2. Easy to read, but a lot to type.
3. Sometimes, it's easy to forget what you're going to do next after typing.

Visual Basic

1. Great for beginners.
2. Need teachers at your side, most of the time.
3. A little primitive, compared to C++ and C#.

There are just my way of breaking them down. Please take them as non-seriously as you can.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok i think im going to stick with c++

Question

What is the difference between c++ and c#

What is visual?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Visual stands for the Interface they give you to work with the language. Visual Basic and Visual C refer to the Design Tools and GUI they provide to develop. C and Basic are the languages below those products. C++ is the core language and you could then use other Guis and Compilers or whatever. You should probably stick with C++ - stay away from VB and the .NET environment if you can.

Lots of opportunity for math in Programming. Concentrating on programming will do nothing but give you more tools when you work with math.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
(standard) c++ doesn't rely on the .NET Framework, Visual C++(and for that matter all visual languages like Visual Basic, C#, J#) do. They are developed by Microsoft and are a little different and those are the ones used in the Visual Studio. Hence the name.

There isn't a really big difference to the normal versions from the syntax, theres just the .NET Framework which has a lot of options.

Most High End Programmers and companies use the Visual(aka managed) versions of the languages.

C# is just the managed version of C. I find C# easier.

Sintoras

Edit: Whoops, forgot to refresh the page.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.