Weird School food vendor apologizes — again — for 'inexcusable' Black History Month menu

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
chicken-watermelon-and.jpg

A vendor that provides food service to schools apologized for the "unintentional insensitivity" of its Black History Month menu, echoing similar apologies it has made for more than a decade amid backlash over its racially insensitive menus.

Students at Nyack Middle School in New York were served chicken and waffles with a choice of watermelon for dessert on the first day of Black History Month on Wednesday, according to WABC-TV. The school's administration and its food vendor, Aramark, apologized after students and parents pointed out the racial stereotypes the menu reinforced.

Aramark said in a statement to NBC News on Sunday that the situation "never should have happened" and apologized for what it called an "inexcusable mistake."

"We have apologized for our mistake, are working to determine how it happened and make sure it never happens again," the statement said. "Our team at that school should have been more thoughtful in its service."

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the problem here is that it was the first day item. If this was done on day 13 or something I do not think it would be news. It would just be an innovative menu idea. I am a conspiracy guy and think that someone in the school moved that menu item up a bit to try and further an agenda. But that is just me...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.