Do you approve school romances?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
As the modern world evolves around Internet and technologies, there's a distinctive line between age of maturity and age of romance.

There's two groups, A and B.

A would say:

Aren’t these brats annoying when it comes to romance? I think love for kids in elementary and middle school is too early!

With the age of sexual activity becoming lower it invites sexual diseases and pregnancy. They should be forbidden from love and sex until old enough to marry. Worry about love when you are ready to worry about marriage!

While B would say:

Love is necessary for elementary, and middle-school children.

Age is irrelveant. By dating you can gain expeience which allows you to better understand your partner.

Don’t underestimate the capacity of kids for love!

You didn’t have any romantic experiences at school did you?

Whichever you group you choose, you would gain one thing and lose another.

Which do you agree with?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Whilst I do believe a lot of high school students have no real idea of what a relationship exactly is, I dont think we should dissaprove their romances. Even if it was only for the lessons you learn out of them.

Also, even though its true that a lot of high school romances are bound to become an epic fail from the moment they start, you still have the occasional couple that actually does get the point. Love is a necessity, even for people of my age. And by falling and getting up again, we learn what it truely means. That is an important lesson which some people never learn at all. Those with a working relationship during high school may feel blessed in some sort of way.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I believe that we can all have a serious relationship during that early in our life but we shouldn't let the relationship overwhelm us and take away from us the other things that are important like friends and school work. So i guess it's ok as long as you can handle it.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Do I approve? Sure, kids need the social experience (although middle schoolers are a little immature for it). However, it isn't really romance. Teenagers are always in love or depressed because they aren't. Then after a while they actually fall in love (usually in college or after) and realize they were tards in high school.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I personally think middle school is too young. Which is why I avoided it in middle school.

High school is a perfect time though, and a great learning experience even if your relationships don't work out (when do they ever?).

But I don't care what other people do, they can have relationships in 2nd grade for all I care. I know what's best for me and I'm going to abide by that.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i really dont believe romance in school (college or high school, but mostly high school, because i friggin doubt that you will go to the same college your GF and or BF) honestly. One should date in college, but one should learn what is priority, and obviously a middle schooler wouldnt know jack about priority. And honestly? Dont be retarded. Education is first. Besides. who needs social experience. when you got TECH SUPPORT SITE

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a third option should be available, YES and NO is too black and white. There is a middle ground, and we should be able to say as such.

Then where do we give a definite answer on this matter?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
well this doesnt matter to? I say romance is fine at school but not sex and most of the time the person you marry is not your girl\boy friend you had at school.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Sex and romance are two entirely different things...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you think we shouldnt have sex at high school? Do you have some solid reasons, or is it just something that feels wrong to you? Just wondering....

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
well i said no to sex at school or under 18 but i dont think romace is wrong.

Zakyath

Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason keeping either love or sex from people when they feel ready for it; the day I find someone to settle down with I will be glad I had the time to learn about both relationships and sex when I was still younger. A relationship where no one of the partners is good at sex, nor relationships doesn't have big chances of lasting long.

Sex is an action of love, they are directly related. Assuming though you would have sex without being in love with the other one, if you are informed about the negatives of not using protection, there shouldn't really be a problem. If you're stupid and do things that very well can result in negatives, you deserve it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I will have to be against. Don't get me wrong, I love sex. I also love having relaationships with girls. Yes, I am single atm, but it is because I choose to be.

However, there is a large group of people who actually suffer from teen love. They fall "deeply" in love and if they fail to succeed they fall in depression. Actually most of the teens suffer from that. I didn't care about them. I think that everyone can make his own destiny. However a few from my best friends have been depressed lately due to "teen love" troubles. I see how they are generally darker, sader, they act like jerks and don't have the urge to do ANYTHING. So, I have to say that

I am against teen love.
Why? it is useless, it will end, there is no such thing as real love in the teen years, I have been in love a lot of times, trust me, this is the age when your charakter is formed, so don't blame yourself if you stop caring about a girl if a girl dumps you you shloudn't care too much. Most of the time people hurt each other.

>Sex is an action of love

Not really. You can get laid with 2 or 3 different girls at a party (even at the same time)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Well, I will have to be against. Don't get me wrong, I love sex. I also love having relaationships with girls. Yes, I am single atm, but it is because I choose to be.

However, there is a large group of people who actually suffer from teen love. They fall "deeply" in love and if they fail to succeed they fall in depression. Actually most of the teens suffer from that. I didn't care about them. I think that everyone can make his own destiny. However a few from my best friends have been depressed lately due to "teen love" troubles. I see how they are generally darker, sader, they act like jerks and don't have the urge to do ANYTHING. So, I have to say that

I am against teen love.
Why? it is useless, it will end, there is no such thing as real love in the teen years, I have been in love a lot of times, trust me, this is the age when your charakter is formed, so don't blame yourself if you stop caring about a girl if a girl dumps you you shloudn't care too much. Most of the time people hurt each other.

I think it'd be more fair for you to be against jerk-love than actual teen love, because it seems like you're projecting your bad experiences on the teenage population to me. Not all teens are like that. Roughly 80% of them is, but there is actually a more clever, developed part that does know the meaning of love and sees the difference between being in love and actually maintaining a relationship.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well, tbh I had some bad experience 3 or 4 years ago.. but back then I was a kid. (12)

Now, please don't try to analyze me. You will come to find that the statements you just made are rather incorect. First of all, most teens are immature, they are thrill seekers, have zero respect for the feeling of others, for their relations with others (they just want to be "cool" and "the man" ) and therefore they can't really feel the true love. Second, as I stated aobve the teen years are when you find who you are. It is quite normal your taste and character to change so therefore you can expect to change the girls you like very often. I will agree with you that there is a small group of teen who are smart and more developed, but most of them aren't looking for a releationship to begin with :p

and just for the record, the only thing I would change in the past concerning my relationships with girls is one that ended up because I was a total ass.

To tell you the truth, I am neutral to teen love, but since there is only yes and no, I had to go for no (Since less people voted for it) If there was a third option, I would choose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.