Sci/Tech Science ponders 'zombie attack'

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

They say only frequent counter-attacks with increasing force would eradicate the fictional creatures. In their study, the researchers from the University of Ottawa and Carleton University (also in Ottawa) posed a question: If there was to be a battle between zombies and the living, who would win?

Source here.

-------------------------------

Maybe they should try and do something useful with their time :rolleyes:

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Bombs and nukes solve everything.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I've actually thought of this.

What is your zombie plan guys? Mine is to take up my sword and have some serious fun after I get my woman to a safe place. My girlfriend wants me to go to the frigid lands of Antarctica with her. I don't know. Its a tough decision.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The solution depends upon the way the zombie works.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
My zombie plan is to find a way to control the zombies, becoming the leader of a massive zombie army, and then I will take the zombies underground to combat the Crab People.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I took the Zombie Survival Quiz on Facebook and it said I would survive the Zombie attack but you guys wouldn't because I would have sacrificed you guys to them to slow them down. It was pretty accurate :)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm ready.

IncaseofZombiesBreakGlass.jpg

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
What is your zombie plan guys? Mine is to take up my sword and have some serious fun after I get my woman to a safe place.

You are moronic.

Grabbing a sword may sound cool. But guess what? It wont do crap all on a horde of zombies that know no fear or pain.

So all you will be doing is walking into your death.

I would personally get lots supplies, grab a boat, and sail away to a island far off shore.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I would go out and kill off all humans :thup:

O wait...

Actually, I would go to some house, go upstairs, destroy the stairs, add a rope and a trap door, block off all windows, and then when ever I got hungry I would go pillaging. But really, how do most zombie Apocalypses start? Through some sort of diseases that spreads via air. So what are the chances of even being ALIVE after. I also wonder what happens after everyone is dead. Where do the zombies go? to mars o_O?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There are too many factors. Like, will the zombies die after a few days of no eating? Do they live solely on human flesh?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Go to the supermarket (Wegmans in my area) with a few others, and barricade everything so its impossible to get in.

Depending if the zombies can fly somehow, or get on the roof, i may make the roof accessible for people inside the supermarket, to gun down zombies.

Eat and drink the things that will expire fastest first. You can last for a very long time then.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmmm... the researchers make comparisons between zombies a rapidly spreading infection, then immediately go back to the topic of zombies? Pff

Article said:
Professor Robert Smith? (the question mark is part of his surname and not a typographical mistake)
:D Must be awkward having a question mark at the end of your name. I wonder, if someone was calling you, would they make it sound like a question? :p

What else do you expect them to do?
Study some Pineapples? :p

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Go underground, make a very large underground base for me only. I would have the walls made of titanium, enforced with other hard materials, possibly carbon fibre, or lined with kevlar. I would have 90% of the area contained hydrophonics for the growth of plants as food, and the other 10% for ammunition stockpiles, storage, living areas, and miscellaneous areas.

I would have solar panels at the top to power the underground base as well.

To get in and out of the base, i would have a ladder, with a door somewhere in the middle, camoflagued quite well, with spikes at the bottom, to prevent anyone finding the entrance. The entrance to the base will be keypad encoded, along with retina scan.

This base would preferably be in a warmer climate, near a river. I would have multiple water purifiers and salinations inside the base, to eliminate the risk of airborne, and waterborne, diseases from the water. (I hope anyway.)

I would also conduct experiments to deduct how the zombies spread their disease, and will always carry an air-filtration mask, until i have clarified whether the disease is airborne or not.

...Yeah, i have way too much time on my hands. I've thought about the whole plan already >_<

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would either seal myself in somewhere and wait out the invasion (hopeing that it does end) or I would go on a rampage and find something sharp to behead them :)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Well, out of my 6-person immediate family, my older sister and I thought this out very well. We abandon everyone with basic supplies and weaponry, go to the local jail, take hold of it as our own, and barricade ourselves in there. If the zombies need some kind of nourishment to live, we'll be alright; jails have humongous walls and food stored away that last for weeks to months.

Pineapple, the boat idea ain't bad, but yeh need a yacht or something large enough to carry all your supplies for a month or so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.