Science question: Are there alternative methods of diverting ant paths away from A to B using food?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Do I look like I have free time?

I'm currently back in boot camp, serving as a substitute.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, ant poison is a common solution I see. It works really well, the ants bring the food back to their queen and everyone dies. But then you realize there are so many ants that even after wiping out their queen and half their population, they are still there... Damn ants.

Sealing off, and I don't physically as I get that you aren't able to, but sealing it with chemicals or some kind of other home-made solution will help. If they come once, they will want to come again. If the ants scouting don't return, they will know now to go towards the same place.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Diatomaceous Earth is effective in killing all insects that touch it. It is also environmental friendly and cheap. You can get it at any Home Improvement store like Lowes or Home Depot. You can also get it online. It is special dirt that has sharp edges that cuts any insects that touches it exoskeleton causing the insect to desecate. You put it all over the baseboards or your dwelling or anywhere an insect path might lead.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.