Report ScienceShot: Heavy Stubble Makes Men More Attractive

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Men may now think twice about reaching for a razor. A new study shows that facial hair says a lot about a man and that attractiveness peaks at the "heavy stubble" phase. Researchers photographed 10 men at four stages of beard growth: clean shaven, 5-day "light" stubble, 10-day "heavy" stubble (shown), and fully bearded.

Three hundred and fifty-one women and 177 heterosexual men viewed the photos and rated each face for attractiveness, masculinity, health, and parenting ability. Women ranked heavily stubbled faces as the most attractive.

Participants said that the clean-shaven men looked about as healthy and attractive as those with a full beard, but rated the bearded men higher for perceived parenting skills. Light stubble got the short end of the stick, garnering low scores across the board from both men and women.

The 5-day growth may be too patchy, the researchers write in the May issue of Evolution and Human Behavior, which suggests "a threshold of density and distribution may be necessary for beards to function as an attractive signal." Stubble conveys maturity and manliness, they write, with less of the macho aggressiveness implied by a full beard.

Source. (ScienceShot)

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
I stopped using a razor at the beginning of the year (2nd year in college) and now I just use a
head shaver or whatever its called and use a #2 fitting and finally I clean up my neck using a razor
I can vouch for this study - it works ;)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
CANNOT UNSEE.

FireCat has stubble above his mouth, where his mustache would be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.