Science Scientists breed world’s first mentally ill mouse

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Scientists have created the world’s first schizophrenic mice in an attempt to gain a better understanding of the illness.

It is believed to be the first time an animal has been genetically engineered to have a mental illness. Until now they have been bred only for research into physical conditions such as heart disease. It will allow researchers to study the disease and develop treatments using a limitless supply of laboratory animals.

Animal rights campaigners have condemned the research, saying that it is morally repugnant to create an animal doomed to mental suffering.

Last edited:

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
Wtf? What can you learn about a psychological disorder in an animal that can't talk? Sometimes I think scientists mutilate rats for the sadistic joy of it.

Could someone give me links to advances that have been made by testing on rats?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> an animal doomed to mental suffering.

Rats? That's pushing it...

> I think scientists mutilate rats for the sadistic joy of it.

Us Mad Scientists(tm) would very much prefer the real deal.
Unfortunately, that always ends in large piles of easily flammable materials, torches, pitchforks and the unavoidable large angry mob that comes with it...

Pffft... what's next? People on TV telling me what I should think? Hm... wait, never mind.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
That's really mean to do to a living thing. In my opinion, that's more inhumane than the argument over stem cell research! :(

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
That's really mean to do to a living thing.
It's not living when they do it, same thing applies to a stem cell.

that's more inhumane than the argument over stem cell research! :(
I agree, the argument is very inhuman and every day that stem cell research is delayed makes it even worse.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.