Sci/Tech Scientists invent sleep mask that lets people control their dreams

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-2147181-133228F1000005DC-800_468x286.jpg

In a twist straight out of the movie Inception, a duo of developers from Brooklyn, New York, have built a sleeping mask designed to allow people to have lucid dreams that they can control.

While it may look like a standard sleeping mask, Remee has been billed as a special REM (Rapid Eye Movement) enhancing device that is supposed to help steer the sleeper into lucid dreaming by making the brain aware that it is dreaming.

The goal of the product is to allow people to have the dreams of their choice, from driving a race car to flying to having lunch with Abraham Lincoln.

In the hit movie Inception, directed by Christoper Nolan and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, a team of corporate spies enter a man's dream to plant an idea into his subconscious. It is set in a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion.

Nolan was said to have come up with the idea ten years ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lets-people-CONTROL-dreams.html#ixzz1vXdVW3H1

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I could have sworn a tonne of these things have been made over.. and over..
These guys didn't invent it.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I would be far more interested in a dream-recording device to be honest, if you fall too much in love with your own dream world you might lose touch with the real world o_O

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I've been trying to lucid dream. Having one of these would be amazing :D

Actually... I just read the Kickstart page. It's just a mask with some lights in it...

To be honest, that just seems stupid now. It's basically an automated reality check. For $80? Nty.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.