Scorched Earth

sur5al

Reaction score
I want to make something like Dota lucifer's scorched earth. I know perfectly how to make that ability to work (fan of knifes>unholy aura>tornado aura... bla bla bla), but i can't figure out how to make it's special effect - an area of burning ground.

Does anyone know the easiest way to create area with burning ground, or scorched like volcano effect? I tried messing with random spells, like adding building fire effect to lich's death and decay spell or swapping earthquake and volcano effects...

It seems that its only possible to do that by triggers. Like "create special effect (building fire) at random points in 500 range of Hero". But then you have to consider memory leaks, assign each effect to variable, destroy those effects later. Isn't there a simpler solution?

0WN3D

Reaction score
It seems that its only possible to do that by triggers. Like "create special effect (building fire) at random points in 500 range of Hero". But then you have to consider memory leaks, assign each effect to variable, destroy those effects later. Isn't there a simpler solution?
Nope.... You can jus use loops and assign the point and destroy the leak before each loop ends.... It rly save a lot of time ^^

sur5al

Reaction score
lol i did it. I was amazed by how easy it actually was. And seem to be lagless. Anyway, if someone needs such thing, here is the trigger...

burnearth.jpg

it looks like this:

burnearth2.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.