Screw You Hurricane Ike

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
We got hit hard last night - Ike blew our fences down knocked our power out and uprooted a tree next to our house.

I think there's a dead body in the pool too but I haven't gone in yet.

Power came back on just now though so I'm relieved. Gotta upload the pictures we took this morning driving around. It's almost sad going outside and seeing everybody on our street having to pick all the crap up. (Everybody on our street has tree parts and debri in their yard, it sucks)

It's over now so Screw You Hurricane Ike! :D

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Careful of what you say or the Hurricane might comeback and pwnzor joo :rolleyes:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Ehh, Floridas Hurricane season was kind of boring this year. Fay only gave us like 1 foot of rain.

Thats about it, really texans are stuborn, because it seems like most people didn't evacuate besides Gavston (I don't know if thats the correct spelling.)

Hope you and TH are alright :)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Wow, it is so hard to imagine these things happening, when you live in the cold Sweden where disasters rarely happen.

Like Wiseman said, I hope you can manage.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It hit a lot of the Central American countries pretty hard.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well... it could have been worse.
937077.jpg

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
we only have to make sure we don't get attacked by the polar bears

Yeah, and the permafrost turning your house into ice, but apart from that, disasters rarely happen. As long as you keep your beard thick and your axe ready you will be ok.

(Remember that all you who plan to visit Sweden)

PooBucket

Reaction score
Well, I know it's terrible, but I'm really not surprised... Happens all the time in America lols... about 6 times a year :p I think that's an understatement, but I wasn't expecting it in Canada... Bad luck, but be grateful you lived :p.

Hope you all's live and well. (Get well I suppose...)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I seemed to have faired slightly better with our recent hurricane. it only hit the Northern part of the country hard. Us down in the center and below only experienced heavy rains :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All we get here are snowstorms... a lot o' snow :D several meters o' snow.

So much you can't even go out when it hits.

The day after, though, we aren't picking up roots, trees and vines all over our courtyards. Indeed, we are moving the snow, which in itself isn't that different. :p

On a related topic though, it's nice to know there weren't too many casualties in Texas. I read somewhere it killed like 8 people in Cuba.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
All we get here are snowstorms... a lot o' snow :D several meters o' snow.

So much you can't even go out when it hits.

The day after, though, we aren't picking up roots, trees and vines all over our courtyards. Indeed, we are moving the snow, which in itself isn't that different. :p

On a related topic though, it's nice to know there weren't too many casualties in Texas. I read somewhere it killed like 8 people in Cuba.

I honestly don't think 8 people is that much though. It could have been so much worse, haha.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.