Scripting In Galaxy

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
How to go about it?

MPQ injection has error.
Importing and trying to do an " include "file.galaxy"" gives me "File not found" errors.
I don't know how to use Moonlite, which has no documentation to tell me how to either.
MilkyWayEdit doesn't support Starcraft II...

What else is there? What method works? I'm tired of using the glitchy, slow, irritable, and plain suckish GUI triggers.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I already know how to script in Galaxy.

Edit: I've figured it out.

The include method works. It was an error on my part.

overload119

Reaction score
In the StarCraft 2 editor go to Save As... and save as a SC2ComponentList. This will make your map a folder where you can edit inside the MPQ essentially, without compressing/decompressing.

Then go into the folder and look for MapScript.galaxy and just edit that in Notepad. You can also use folders and the include function to speed up making the different parts.

Thats what Ive been doing atleast for a little while. The next Moonlight should be more useable, as I agree right now it's a little... bad.

And SC2Mapster is working on an equivelent to TESH in WC3, which is also going to speed things up.

The game is new, third-party shit is just starting up.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
My problem wasn't GETTING the files, it's putting the files BACK.

I have the folder named MYMAP.SC2Map, but I don't know what to do after editing my files.

This is the kind of documentation I'm talking about... It all goes halfway and just stops. No documentation or instructions afterwards -_-'

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.