searing arrows with trigger

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
anyone know how to make ability like that?
I make Cold Arrows and added trigger when Cold Arrows are casting then gives chance to explode and give damage equal to agility within 300 range... my question is how to make it just work...
Trigger:
  • Liquid Arrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Liquid Arrow
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or Equal to 15
    • Actions
      • Set LiquidPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set LiquidGroup = (Units within 300.00 of LiquidPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is Structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) Equal to True)))
      • Set LiquidCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set LiquidTargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of LiquidTargetUnit using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in LiquidGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause LiquidCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (3.00 x (Real((Agility of LiquidCaster (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spell and damage type Normal
      • Set LiquidTargetUnit = No unit
      • Set LiquidCaster = No unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_LiquidPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_LiquidGroup)

i think the problem is that auto casting abilities don't run trigger with Events like Unit - A Unit starts casting an ability... how to make it fix or diferent way?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You never create a Variable called Budynek. But i don't if it's like a master boss or something.. Oh. And you want a chance to do that. Well you gotta use that dang 1 to 100 chance thing. Sec i'll find it.
Code:
Liquid Arrow
Events
Unit - A unit starts casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Liquid Arrow
(Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal 20
Actions
Set LiquidPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
Set LiquidGroup = (Units within 300.00 of LiquidPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is Budynek) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) Equal to True)))
Set LiquidCaster = (Triggering unit)
Set LiquidTargetUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of LiquidTargetUnit using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in LiquidGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause LiquidCaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (3.00 x (Real((Agility of LiquidCaster (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spell and damage type Normal
Set LiquidTargetUnit = No unit
Set LiquidCaster = No unit
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_LiquidPoint)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_LiquidGroup)

This gives 20% chance to the Mass Agillity Damage Explosion Power Bomb.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
create a trigger to check when you attack to order you to cast the spell :D

I don't know if have some variable to check if autocast is actived :S

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
i think the problem is that auto casting abilities don't run trigger with Events like Unit - A Unit starts casting an ability... how to make it fix or diferent way?
You're right. It's a good thing you're using Cold Arrows, though, because it leaves a buff on the target.

Using damage detection instead (either the all-GUI way [be aware the 3rd trigger has leaks] or using my GDD snippet that takes care of the setup for you), you'll have an event for the moment any "cold arrow" hits the target, and you can use a condition to check whether the target has the buff that your autocast ability places.

The rest of your trigger can remain much the same (LiquidPoint should be Position of Damaged Unit, LiquidTargetUnit should be Damaged Unit, the random chance should probably be in an "if" statement instead of in the conditions, and you should change the unit group condition to be "...enemy of (Owner of (Triggering Unit))), but you should remove the buff from the target before you cause additional damage or it has a chance to trigger itself again.

avalya

Reaction score
Was just thinking about you Weep (for the GDD system you made) since I knew that'd work, gotta love DD systems for autocast abilities, just be sure to use an autocast that places a buff on the target, such as Cold Arrows or Poison Arrows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.