Crime Seattle 'superhero' Phoenix Jones arrested over 'pepper-spray assault' on woman VIDEO

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=vimeo;30307440]http://vimeo.com/30307440[/video]

Instead of the bad guys, it was Seattle's most prolific self-styled superhero that ended up in handcuffs.

Police officers arrested the 23-year-old man who calls himself Phoenix Jones early on Sunday after he was accused of assaulting several people with pepper spray.

He was booked in county jail on four counts of assault, with arraignment set for Thursday, police said on Monday.

'Our message has been the same from the beginning, if you see something that warrants calling 911, call 911,' said Seattle police spokesman Det Mark Jamieson. 'Just because he's dressed up in costume, it doesn't mean he's in special consideration or above the law. You can't go around pepper spraying people because you think they are fighting.'

Read more here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why should we call 911? So we can further reduce our self dependence to rely solely on the police, who aren't even required to come, and then sit around while someone gets the shit beaten out of them? And he described police quite accurately: People who dress up in a costume and are held in special consideration, and above the law.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Why should we call 911? So we can further reduce our self dependence to rely solely on the police, who aren't even required to come, and then sit around while someone gets the shit beaten out of them? And he described police quite accurately: People who dress up in a costume and are held in special consideration, and above the law.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thup:

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
And what happened to the people who hit the man with the car/were starting fights in the street? Why go after the person who was trying to prevent it rather then the problem itself? This guy has a lot of courage for standing up against shit like this, he should be thanked instead of prosecuted.

Switch33

Reaction score
This doesn't change the fact that the guy just ran up and pepper sprayed em when he could have at least done something less severe. Police get trialed for brutality using pepper spray all the time. Why should a civilian be any different when he is clearly not defending himself?

Also I don't really even see what your defending. . . This is no hero; it's a guy who uses pepper spray. How cartoonist is that?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score

The only part I disagree with is the "held in special consideration" and "above the law" part. Because they're not.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I think it was clear that in most cases he only used pepper spray when people started assaulting him first/running at him. Is that not self defense?

When he initially tried to break ppl up he was simply holding his arms out, not assaulting others...

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
IMO, they're like social activists. Surely, they won't be able to be as discreet as the police ( :D ), but they're doing their best to help people. This man sacrified himself for the greater good IMO.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Wearing a silly costume, patrolling the streets of Seattle and then getting arrested? Pretty hilarious story

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was clear that in most cases he only used pepper spray when people started assaulting him first/running at him. Is that not self defense?

When he initially tried to break ppl up he was simply holding his arms out, not assaulting others...

Yes, this is how it looked to me as well. He just broke people apart and only used the pepper spray in self-defense when they started attacking him.

They all assaulted him much more than he assaulted them and they started it.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The only part I disagree with is the "held in special consideration" and "above the law" part. Because they're not.

Yes, they are. If I beat the shit out of you for no apparent reason, it's maybe aggravated assault. Unlikely though, it will probably be reduced by a plea bargain, I get a misdemeanor and some time in county. I bump into a cop, that's assault on an officer, which is an automatic felony. At that point I would be about as well off if I raped someone and got caught doing it. They have immunity against most small matters (which is to say, apparently they can kill you after breaking into your house and you grab a gun to defend yourself against God knows who just blew your door open); they are held, in every possible way, in special consideration, far above you or I.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.