"Second Life" is hit with a virtual bomb

Tonks

Reaction score
In an explosive display, virtual-world banes now mirror the havoc of the real one as terrorists have launched a bombing campaign in Second Life.

People controlling animated avatar members of a self-proclaimed Second Life Liberation Army (SLLA) have set off computer-code versions of atomic bombs at virtual world stores in the past six months -- with their own manifesto.

The SLLA claims to be an "in-world military wing of a national liberation movement" devoted to replacing the rule of Second Life creator Linden Labs with a democracy representing the nearly four million residents.

"As Linden Labs is functioning as an authoritarian government the only appropriate response is to fight," the SLLA said in a message on its website at http://secondlla.googlepages.com.

Read it all Here.

-=-
It's kind of amazing, how many people can play an online game where all they do is interact with other players, simulating real life.

Rad

Reaction score
Wait so, what exactly happened here?

Is this all just some huge metaphorical thing?

I have a few friends who play second life, low and behold they are both girls :rolleyes:

Tonks

Reaction score
Some people went around "protesting" the "government" in this video game; by editing the script and creating virtual bombs that make screens go white.

I just thought it was pretty amusing.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Never even heard of this "game". Sounds like an AIM with a character?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Never even heard of this "game". Sounds like an AIM with a character?

Not at all.

It's a 3D world, and you can build anything you please, and it has an In-game LUA style scripting so you can make your thing you built limitless with things.

Though, the game mimics real old stuff, so it's hard to get cash, and thus fails. :(

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
But, you have to know Ruby (Java) to make things. I tried to play it but it was just to confusing. (I do know java, but the interface was retarded)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.