Seeking Partner for Game Development

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
aye, i am Derrick. I won't usually be on during the daytime, as I have been busy doing work for my parents. For now expect me to be on about 7:00 P.M is maybe even 9:00 P.M. Hopefully I will have more time for this, as for now I will brainstorm ideas.
- As for the Mesh render: What files will it be able to open?, I'm very excited about that, and i would like to see the source code as soon as its working :)
- It would be nice for everyone have the software installed by tonight, and be on all of their IM screenames, in case they have trouble with the software. I also have to make you guys screenames and passwords and tell you the IP address.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I am hopefully getting it installed today. My parents normally dont like me installing stuff like this though :p

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
PeerAware?
I deleted the visible stuff, so they can't see it.

Anyway, I made some test sites for you all to look at:
Blog: http://lifeless.netau.net/
Forums: http://lifeless.netau.net/forums/
And a wiki: http://lifeless.netau.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Depending on what host you use for the websites, I can make as many of those as we need. (As long as I have enough diskspace, and SQL databases)\
Only took me about 10 minutes to set them all up. Would have taken less if the FTP was faster...

Lyerae

Reaction score
(Sorry for the double-post, but I need the bump so the project members can see this)

I think we should find something other than PeerAware, seeing as the group creator needs to have the client running at all times.

I think we should use Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/), because it has Voice Chat, and private rooms, and after we get a website up, I can create FTP accounts for us all.
We can still use PeerAware whenever everyone can get on, but I think we should use something that doesn't need a specific user to be online.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yeah, Steam is very useful. Me and my clan (EQE/SQE on Azeroth) use it instead of Ventrilo. I set up a group for the Clans.

Anyway, whats your steam ID/account? Maybe we could go over some things to work on.
Mines: TheLifelessOne

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
My steam account is "sssummer" and "cheesywlz".

Me and my brothers play on both accounts, so just add both, I could be on either.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Can I ask :
What language are you coding this game in ?
( And what type of game ? ^_^ ( Unless my eye's failed again I couldn't see it ) )

Because I could help with :
C#
C++ ( not much )
VB ( a bit.. )

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
hmm, steam might work, but i would really like something where we could all send messages when we were offline, and easily get to them, and send files for all, etc. To bad Google wave hasn't been released, it would work perfectly.

Lyerae

Reaction score
As soon as we have a website up (if it's paid hosting, so I can have cPanel), I can make us all FTP accounts on a subdomain (which no one, other than us and our host) will know, and set the folders so only FTP can see them.

Which reminds me something: Are you planning on using paid hosting, or free hosting for any websites?

Anyway, I won't be able to get at a computer for a couple days, but I have my iPod Touch, so I can get ims
AIM: thelifelessone12
MSN: [email protected]
Yahoo: same as above

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I think we can stick with Steam for now.

Also, we haven't really discussed any specifics on the game yet, what language will it be coded in? What type of game will it be? 2D or 3D? etc...

You better start answering some questions Drakethos. ;)

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yeah, we should discuss it.
As towards what kind, I could probably come up with a story for an RPG, RTS, and maybe an FPS.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I don't think an RTS or FPS would be smart for our first group porject, unless you really think we are up to something like that.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
I would be sure to help ( as much as I can )
well anything C or VB related I could help with.

Depends if you have room for one more ^_^

btw - For a first group proj. I think it should be 2D unless we have good modellers + good coders ( ... you know what I mean... :cool: )

...Seeking Partner for Game Development

( Should be - Seeking Partner's for Game Development

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
XD Beat at my own game...
( Pfft... I've never been good at spelling... or writing... )
So... What'ya say *wink wink*

Lyerae

Reaction score
Hmm. RPGs then?
I'll write up some stuff to look at (story wise).
Expect it in 1-2 weeks (writing takes time).

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
And RPG would be fine with me. We need to make it unique though. What will make ours unique from all the others out there? What makes a game good is its community and gameplay (more so a frendliy community like TH.net).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.