Seeking Partner for Game Development

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Hmm, well I will only do paid hosting, if i can get donations, but I do not want any blood on my hands, meaning, I don't want to have to risk anything, or have to physically pay bills.
- I do have a hosted website by my uncle, where i have an ftp account, (the website is http:// but connects via ftp) he can make several, but, I'm not sure if he would make me other accounts, and plus my sites not working as of now :(
- the game type: We could make an RPG, i could provide us samples from my VB gaming book, that has an RPG as the game project. The game I had in mind was an RTS, with pencil drawings as the units, but I would like to make that a web game with flash/Java.
-Shall we make it 3D, or 2D? Personally i think 2D would give the best experience, and we'd get to make sprite sheets!

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As soon as we have a website up (if it's paid hosting, so I can have cPanel), I can make us all FTP accounts on a subdomain

It doesn't have to be paid hosting to have cPanel.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Yes, but paid hosting is generally better, because it almost always has cPanel.
Anyway, no paid hosting? Okay, but we'll have to get a domain name eventually. (I would, but I'm broke. 15, no job >.>)

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
2D could work but really if we have a modeler why dont we go for a sorta of 2.5D like Ragnorock Online or Secret of the Solstice (look those up if you dont know). Plus, 2.5D is also good if you dont want a human feel to the game but more of a fantasy style. You can also make awesome spells with a 2.5D engine :p.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
2.5D ...

Care to explain a little please ?
I could work on systems for the game , I don't know much VB but its like C# in so many ways. ( While I find C++ really confusing... )

AH... all 2D but aspects of 3D features ( Spells... Movement... e.t.c )
( Well that's what i gathered from looking at vids from those two games... )

Lyerae

Reaction score
That would be cool, for a first game. And some of those animations did look cool.
Also, forgot to tell you this: I have a full version of FL Studio 8, so if I can ever learn to use it properly, I can make music.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
hm excellent, Yes that program is quite overwhelming to use. I can help you with the music, as I have musical talent myself, but I won't be able to make it until, i have a game theme, and a few levels made.
- I think for now a forum, where only we can be members, or with a sealed section for only us would suffice, as long as I am a co-Admin.
-As for domain name, i would like eventually paid hosting, but for now :( i'm poor, and am 17 so i can't get a credit card, to pay for anything. But if we could get donations or something, them it may be possible.

-Oh yes as for our name: We need one, I checked google and nothing showed up for it so: "The Nameless Game Makers"-Because we couldn't think of one. is my suggestion:D

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Pretty Unique name :cool:
So... Am I im :)
And do we even have a 2D artist ? ( Because I don't think we will make a *full* 3D game )

Lyerae

Reaction score
Our name... Hmmm.
I always sucked at names, so I'm no help here.

As to you be an co-Admin, as long as you don't touch anything that you don't know exactly what it is, I can't complain

There's a lot of stuff in the ACP that you can mess with that'll screw up the entire install.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Well, I've been around forums before, and I am pretty adapt at tinkering things :D I'll try not to break anything :D < But in all seriousness> I understand what shouldn't be messed with.
-Dr.Evil: Sorry i keep ignoring you :p sure, you're in. 2D artist, well, i can attempt to make sprites, the easiest way would be to take a 3D model and render the animation in individual image frames, then compiling the frames with a sprite software. Or we could do it the hard way X_X
- As for the game itself, If we make it an RPG, i'm thinking it should be a primarily magic game, where the player is a spell caster with powers. As for the plot itself, we will need to discuss that and go more in depth. Also we need to decide the combat type for the game, whether its turn based ( kind of annoying, but balanced) or pure button mashing realtime attack. Or more like a rts were your character attacks at regular intervals like WoW.
For the interface there should be icons for the spells like warcraft.
- It would be nice for the forum to be set up ASAP, so we can all continue our discussion in organized threads. and in private ^_o

Lyerae

Reaction score
I'll get the forums up ASAP, but I'm not allowed on the computer right now (I'm forced to use my iPod which loads site really slowly...), so it'll be a couple days, maybe a week. Depends on how angry my mother is at me.. >.>

Also, if someone teaches me how to animation in the style we'll be using, I can do that too.

And all good RPGs are magic-based. :D

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
When i say magic based, i mean like intensive magicly involved :D
-Your iPod loads websites??:nuts:

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Yes iPod can :D

are we going to have a battle interface ? or like you have your action bars up all the time ?( re read your post ^^ )
I think it should be time based , or like button mashing( without the mashing :p ) , but with spell cooldowns like in wc3 .
I don't quite get the 3D rendering to 2D but...
I can do quite advanced stuff in C# ( C# & VB are like... nearly the same ^_^ )

But like... we need to start sooner or later ... erm... how are we communicating again ^_^ ?

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
hm excellent, Yes that program is quite overwhelming to use. I can help you with the music, as I have musical talent myself, but I won't be able to make it until, i have a game theme, and a few levels made.
- I think for now a forum, where only we can be members, or with a sealed section for only us would suffice, as long as I am a co-Admin.
-As for domain name, i would like eventually paid hosting, but for now :( i'm poor, and am 17 so i can't get a credit card, to pay for anything. But if we could get donations or something, them it may be possible.

-Oh yes as for our name: We need one, I checked google and nothing showed up for it so: "The Nameless Game Makers"-Because we couldn't think of one. is my suggestion:D

Awesome name :D I have made icons before, but I don't have PSCS4 (had a trial for it). We could just keep using a trial version :p but it would be a hassle really :(

Attachments

• AWESOME.jpg
    AWESOME.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Bloody Strike.jpg
    Bloody Strike.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Energy Nova.jpg
    Energy Nova.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Indignation.jpg
    Indignation.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Magi Blade.jpg
    Magi Blade.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DARK MATTER.jpg
    DARK MATTER.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Vortex.jpg
    Vortex.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 271

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Well im waiting for the forum to be set up, There we can split the production into forums, like Music, Level, Story, etc. Right now, we need to work on the game idea itself, I've been busy all week, including today, but I am going to bring a notepad with me and start jotting down ideas. One idea was to be different from most rpgs were you are a human, or humanoid. and instead, BE a dragon :D As you level up, you grow and eventually get fire, and can have a human ride you. The whole game will be in the dragon's perspective.
-I think it will be button triggered, but have a cooldown, like wc3,
Dark Alliance had a good system, you pressed the button to attack, and it took some time to swing the weapon, then you had the spells which took magic and had a cooldown.
- If we do a dragon, his primary attack can be swiping or biting, and his secondary can be fire. And being that its an RPG, we could have different types of dragons, and elements, etc.
- As for 3d to 2D: It is possible to render an animation into seperate frame by frame bitmaps, then with the aproriate software, i can compile it into a sprite sheet.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
will the game use f1 f2 f3 and so on or 1 2 3?

and im pretty sure the movement is WASD right?

is their a jumping button (I doubt it but maybe space?)

and are their emocations?

Just giving you thoughts to write down to make the speed of the idea section of this game to go a bit faster :p

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yes, iPods (touch) can use the Internet.

Anyway, as soon as I'm allowed within 5 feet of a computer, I'll be doing some host-searching, and then I'll get it all up and running.
If you plan on getting a domain, I highly suggest you so it now, so it can be ready for when I get the site up. (domains make everything look professional. If we have one, it makes us look better)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lifeless, if you want, I can get you a decent free host and set up the forums and then I will give you all the admin access. That will just make life a lot easier and the project will be able to get started.

Lyerae

Reaction score
That'll probably be best, seeing as I can't upload MyBB from my iPod.
Thanks. :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now uploading phpBB3 via FTP.

I am using AwardSpace. They seem to offer a really good, fast service.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.