Select shop for player

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Hm. Well, thanks for the input. It seems the problem is more specific...

I am making it so when a certain hero ability is learned, instead of learning that ability, it selects a shop from which you can choose abilities (getting around that 5 ability limit).

Guess what! Selecting the shop and unselecting the hero does not seem to take the unit out of its skill selection menu. For some reason, the menu is still open for the shop, which has no abilities to select, and hence displays a blank UI.

Nothing seems to help! I tried [LJASS]call IssueImmediateOrderById(learner,851976)[/LJASS] which is the cancel order (apparently). I tried killing the learning hero. I tried removing it's skill points. Next I'll try a 0 second timer or something. :p

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I don't think the cancel order is for any sort of menu on a unit (spellbooks, build lists, ability learning...). Try [lJASS]ForceUICancel[/lJASS].

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
No idea. What do you mean by delay?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Replace the "Learn New Skill" button on the hero with an ability?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Replace the "Learn New Skill" button on the hero with an ability?
As far as I can possibly tell, the Learn New Skill button cannot be disabled and still have the glowing hero icon saying "you have things to learn!".
No idea. What do you mean by delay?
Like, a split second where there is a gap, and the user might interfere.

Anyway, I have solved this problem.
It seems that the learn ability event fires while the unit is learning the ability - before the skill point is even deducted. So by forcing the skill point to drop to zero (ie. removing all skill points and adding one for the current ability being learned) I could force the menu to close after learning the ability. Combined with a 0 second timer to select the shop, and I'm in business.

Basically, selecting a unit from the learn ability event will disable the unit's UI until reselection. :rolleyes:

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
As far as I can possibly tell, the Learn New Skill button cannot be disabled and still have the glowing hero icon saying "you have things to learn!".
How do you disable it?

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
We could remove it during the game though, we just need to find the rawcode. (using the boolean returned of UnitRemoveAbility)
With a loop and a periodic timer with a short period it could be done in few minutes. (to check all rawcodes between 'A000' and 'xxxx' it will be several hours)
And if you can remove it , i guess you can't add it again without any morph ability like 'Amov', like i've already experimented with some other "hidden" abilities.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
This sort of sounds like HosK and Terminus Arena sorted out their Hero progression systems. It might be possible to contact gosUber (If he is still active) and asking him how he did it :?

Just a thought ...

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
This sort of sounds like HosK and Terminus Arena sorted out their Hero progression systems. It might be possible to contact gosUber (If he is still active) and asking him how he did it :?

Just a thought ...
Reinventing the wheel is far better :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.