Self-Contradiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind

Reaction score
Darg said:
Forum Rules <=== If You Have Not Read These Then Do Not Post

I see the title is now adjusted, but it is still not corresponding with one of the guidelines. Heh. :)

Darg said:
- First of all, this is a World Edit help forum. Lots of people are going to read your post anyway, so it is pointless resorting to tricks to get your post read.

Edit: Please don't see this thread as an offense, Darg: It is merely well-meant irony.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
ah, but!

Those rules are for people who are posting questions about the editor! I wasn't posting any questions!

And having said that, I could take your argument and go one step further and say I broke the rules because I was not talking about anything related to the warcraft 3 world editor!

Aha!

Mind

Reaction score
Darg said:
Those rules are for people who are posting questions about the editor!

You're saying you that the titles of other topics may be written entirely in capital letters or in such way that they attract others' attention in an irritating way? Heh. :)

Oh, and here's another one:

Darg said:
I wasn't posting any questions!

Darg said:
OMG I Have A Question!!!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Dang, Mind!

*Holds up foam finger glove thing in right hand*

:D

*Holds up a scorecard with "Mind 3 - Darg 0 - Random Guy 1337" in left hand*

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
lol, Mind is good at playing with people's heads :p

I wonder if you have anymore things to point out? lol!

Darg, you may want to get him back fast before the score is 5-0 to him :D

~Jindo

_________
rated 5/5 for mapping

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Mind is good at playing with people's...minds (Oh, that was bad!)

Are we witnessing the beginnings of a new debate?! :p

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Oh, Darg he's got you good. Mind, please point out more! We can learn soo much about Darg!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
He has a point. But he cant do what he wants with Mind pointing out every thing that he does :p.

is it 4-0 or 5-0?

~Jindo

oh yes one thing:

Those rules are for people posting questions about the editor!
Does that mean that we can post in caps on general discussion or other forums?

(im not starting, this is mind's time to "get to know" darg ;))

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Mind should be a tabloid journalist - he excels at taking statements out of context.
You're saying you that the titles of other topics may be written entirely in capital letters or in such way that they attract others' attention in an irritating way?

no. other topics go in other forums which are governed by their own set of rules.

I wasn't posting any questions!

OMG I Have A Question!!!

I wasn't posting questions in that thread. And that thread title you found was taken from way way back before those present rules even existed. Full marks for taking things out of context.

I don't usually have MSN open,…

… normally Windows loads it in the background whenever I reboot my comp…

If my memory is correct, the 1st statement was made before I re-formatted my comp. MSN did not auto-load back then. It started doing it after the format. Again, full marks for taking things out of context.

Are you on holidays or something? you seem to have spent a lot of time searching forum posts.

Mind

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
HAHA! Schooled by Darg.

Mind - 2
Darg - 1337

I didn't contradict myself; I merely tried to confuse you by using a half-false argument. There is an enormous difference.

Darg said:
no. other topics go in other forums which are governed by their own set of rules.

You're saying that all topics, excluding the thread concerning the Forum Rules for the Warcraft III World Editor forum are placed in other boards.

This isn't a self-contradiction either, of course. It's just an invalid statement.

Darg said:
I wasn't posting questions in that thread.

Yes. I confess that I used a fallacious argument. This, however, is not self-contradiction.

Darg said:
If my memory is correct, the 1st statement was made before I re-formatted my comp. MSN did not auto-load back then. It started doing it after the format. Again, full marks for taking things out of context.

Those two statements stood in the same thread, in the same post, and in the same paragraph.

Darg said:
Are you on holidays or something? you seem to have spent a lot of time searching forum posts.

I didn't spend more than a few minutes trying to find that self-contradicting statement.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Looks like Mister "I'm going to point out all the self contradiction" isn't immune to such an event :)

Mind said:
The closest star, Alpha Centauri, is situated at 4,22 light-years away from our sun

The S U N, Mind, is the closest star. Or did you sleep through science class? ;)

Mind

Reaction score
That statement isn't self-contradicting; It is merely invalid.

Alexander said:
Looks like Mister "I'm going to point out all the self contradiction" isn't immune to such an event :)

While you're accusing me to be arrogant, you're imitating my behaviour.

And again, this thread is meant to sound facetious, not acrimonious.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
*Masticates a muffin while glowering at Mind and Alexander*

P.S. What is the meaning of this vocabulary, Mind? It won't make you smarter, but I do suppose people like Alexander and conan will have to look it up on webster to know what you mean :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.