Set Rally Point by Right clicking problem

StoDaBest

Reaction score
Hello,
My barracks (like any other buildings) has the Set Rally Point ability.
The thing is, I want the barracks' rally point to be set on my hero for the whole game (Making it unchangeable).
So I want to know how to remove the "Right clicking sets the rally point", without making the barracks uncommandable (because I need to train units ya know).
Please help,
Thanks!

Arkless

Reaction score
Should be a flag in the ability called "smart".
If this doesn't help I will take a closer look, just reply.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
can you just remove the icon from the ability command card, but still have it as an ability of the barrack maybe, think you will have to use triggers to have it rally only to hero the whole game

StoDaBest

Reaction score
Arkless - I haven't found any flag close to "smart" in the ability, the flags are (all unchecked) Show while merging & Show while warping. There are also command flags called Hidden, Send to Selection and Show in Glossary. I've tried to check/uncheck them and nothing works. I found some command states (Available, Restricted and Suppressed) and when I check Suppressed I can't use the right click to change the rally point, but I can't use my triggers to set it on my hero aswell when it's checked.
So yeah, I don't know what to do.

ZeroPoints - I've already removed the icon from the ability command card and the ability is still there. And yes I use triggers to have my barracks sets its rally point on the hero. I just don't know how to remove the right clicking "hotkey".

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
maybe you can disable rallying in the triggers after assigning the barracks to rally to hero or somethign along those lines

Arkless

Reaction score
Seems like the rally ability really has no smart flag. However, it seems like it works when you add an empty ability with the smart flag to catch all right clicks.

[del](rally seems to have a higher priority, but if the really point is set it won't retrigger)[/del]
Dunno what I did wrong the first time, but it seems to work properly.

the test ability is called blub :p
View attachment blub.rar

StoDaBest

Reaction score
Thanks Arkless for your answer, it solved my problem!
But now I have another one that looks like the first one:
I want to remove the "right click makes you move/follow/attack" from marines.
So that way, when they spawn from a barrack, they will follow the hero (using the rally point), but the players wont be able to make them move/follow/attack somewhere else.
I tried adding blub to my marine's abilities, but when I tried it, he won't move at all after spawning, he won't even follow the hero, hes stuck next to the barrack.
Please help

Arkless

Reaction score
deactivate that ability by default and have a behavior timed 0.1 sec wich activates blub when expiring

Arkless

Reaction score
With a buff type behavior you can disable abilities under the modification +. I think that should do the trick (not tested). If you still got problems I will invest some more time and find a solution.

StoDaBest

Reaction score
OK so now the marine will follow my hero after being trained, but when I select him and right click somewhere, he stops moving at all and he just rotates on himself.

Arkless

Reaction score
I know why that happens, but i dont know how to fix it. Try checking the flags "allow movement" and/or "no deceleration" but i don't see a high chance with that.

Arkless

Reaction score
Well, this is another problem anyways. Do you want the marines to be uncontrollable (no player control)? That is possible.

StoDaBest

Reaction score
Oh thanks! I made them uncontrollable and now it works!!
Hehe thanks for answering all of my noob questions! :D
Of course I'm pretty sure that I'll have a couple more later on! ;)
Thanks again!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.