Seth aka Alexander

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Seth aka Alexander

To embelish a lil history... Because, you know >.> I was thurr, man.

The first group was the trifecta of XXXconanXXX, Rinpun and Alexander. XXXconanXXX was a known WEHZ member from his AoS style map that was probably one of the most "successful" maps that wasn't created by an Adiminstrator, "A World Ablaze" or AWA. Rinpun was creating some king of LoaP game and Alexander was relatively new to the entire world of map making. In his lifetime here on TH.net, I think he made maybe... 2? Maps that really gained any kind of repute; An AoS style map done on a Tiny map size which I can't remember the name of and a map of regular make, but enhanced with additional units and features. He called this an "Enhanced Melee Map" and it went through several updates before he retired from mapping in general.

Over the years, we would see a number of ideas that gained some kind of attention, including the game "The Evil Within", a Dark Deeds-style map that is probably still one of the biggest threads in the Member's Projects forum. However, while the ideas were well received, there was little actual work done on the map and eventually, Alexander let the map slip away yet again.

Alexander would remain, however, aiding many other members with pushing a new topic into TH.net; Writing. Being one of the main posters in a thread that was entitled "The Writer's Corner", this single thread eventually helped motivate an entire forum that still exists today. You guessed it... "The Writer's Corner". He would flood the forum with a number of his own stories, including the manuscript of his first novel... "Corruption", a Vampire story that his Tiny AoS was based upon.

Under Alexander and a number of other enthusiastic members, TH.net would see Role-Playing come and go, inspiring a number of the players to span out and create their own RP sites.

Not everything about Alexander was the greatest of times, as he dealt with a number of personal issues; Secret flame wars with XXXconanXXX and even a personal rivalry with SD_Ryoko that once resulted in him getting banned from the site for 3 days for stepping over the lines. Somehow or another, these things didn't keep him from become a moderator and later an Administrator on the site before the forum leaders were reworked to only include members actually willing/capable of working on the servers/forum software with a level of experience and professionalism.

And now he's back. An Administrator again, working on poking and prodding through the site to increase it's security and profeciency.

Oh, hey. Did I ever tell you I wasn't always "Seth Cross" on this site?

They used to call me Alexander :rolleyes:

Alexander was one of the original Special Members back in the day and was even the root of a Failed site split!

It was quite pitiful. They created a site and it just Failed! They all came back. That happened like twice :) Other site splits have not suffered the same fate.

This was a creative group of guys and Alexander was the leader.

After a bunch of BS and a few years Alexander grew up. You have to understand that he was like 13 when he got on the forums.....

At like 17 Alexander/Seth was an Admin. We have the Writers Corner and general peace in the forums from this.

Seth was the hammer. He would go where no mod wanted to go. He did not care. He took care of business. If someone needed a banning, Seth was the one. A natural leader Seth is now in the Military and will probably disappear out of site pretty soon as many of the other Moderators that have joined the military have (Dr Jack, sqrage, etc...).

Thank you Seth for your dedication and leadership on the Site!

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Seth and me aren't going anywhere helper lol. His job lives on a computer so I'm sure he'll be on a bit :) as for me two kids and school keep my hands full and well I don't get on a lot :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Not that anyone gives a damn, but a little bit of "Seth Cross Now"

To those who aren't catching onto the shared last names, Danny Cross is my wife and her name actually is Dani (short for Danielle) No, Seth is not my real first name and Cross is not our real last name. We've been married for nearly 3 years now (in Feb) and we live in South Carolina, where I am stationed in the USAF (US Air Force) like I mentioned above. We have not one but two little boys, Eric Cross and Alex Cross, who are 2.5 yo and nearly 1 yo (Dec)

I work on computers for my job, I just recently returned from deployment and completed my associates degree after 2.5 years in the military (8 months of that was just training and then a year was job training, so really, I got my degree in about a year, year and a half) I'm currently 25 years old. Sometime next year I'm going to look into getting PRK surgery on my eyes to get rid of my glasses.

I used to be an avid reader and writer, but nowadays I have less time for them since my family and job take up a lot of my time. I'll have even less time once I start getting into my classes for my Bachelor's degree so that I can commission and become an Officer instead of Enlisted folk... I'm a pretty avid collector of Magic the Gathering cards as well as a huuuge collector of Legos (which my son Eric more often than not enjoys playing with more than I do once I've put them together) While I used to pool my spare time into video games and this site, I spend most of my free time playing with my boys, playing video games occasionally, playing Magic with my friends or watching football and drinking a bit on Sundays.

DM Cross

Reaction score
We use a pseudo-name because I don't put my last name on the internet to a bunch of weirdo kids? :rolleyes:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Oh lol..... Well, usually when someone makes a name, they have some meaning in mind "even though it's not their real name" Okay So, It's Just out of the blue!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Just realized I never replied to this.

Originally, it was Cericus instead of Cross. It was meant to be my pen name that I would publish my stories under because I didn't want people to know who I was, especially when I thought I could finish a book before being an adult (never happened).

Cericus became the name of a developmental character in one of my story worlds. It's the name for more or less the Fire God in Kranin, a high-fantasy world I created and over a dozen of my book ideas I will probably never write are based within. Since the name got used elsewhere, I needed a new one and settled on something more simple, Cross.

The reference can also be partly because I'm a Catholic. Cross. Catholic. Draw the lines, connect the dots :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.