Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Chapter 11's been mapped out on paper :D So the next chance I get a good 3 hours or so, it'll be typed up, and you guys will have chapter 10 as celebration :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Yawn*

3:08

Just finished Chapter 11!

Here's 10 for celebration :)

Now I'm goin' ta bed -.- lol

Tomorrow or so, I'll combine 1-5 and 6-10 to be 2 different files and start keeping everything on post 1 again.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
w00t, I had a dream about this being posted!

2 finals today though, so I might not get to read this untill around noon, but w/e.

“Good observation, Brant,” Alexander noted. Brant flashed him a smile, but it quickly died away to his mask of seriousness. “And you’re right, of course. I’m not talking to your brother at the moment, I’m talking to you. He is held somewhere. And a more important question than “why?”, I think, would be “why do you care?”” (Pinaha 2 chapter 10)

the inner quotes should be single, not douable, the sentence should look like

“Good observation, Brant,” Alexander noted. Brant flashed him a smile, but it quickly died away to his mask of seriousness. “And you’re right, of course. I’m not talking to your brother at the moment, I’m talking to you. He is held somewhere. And a more important question than 'why?', I
think, would be 'why do you care?'” (2 Chapter 10)

“There’s a Witch running around,” he said in a business-like tone. Alexander raised an eyebrow, his face becoming serious again. “Her name is Robin. She’s an old… “Friend” of Cyrik’s. I don’t know why she’s here. That’s what I was going to ask Cyrik. I don’t know for sure, but I think Zaris brought her here. For a job. What that job is, I don’t have a clue.” (5 Chapter 10)

Same thing

DM Cross

Reaction score
w00t, I had a dream about this being posted!

ROFL, and to think I was almost overly generous and thought about posting Chapter 11 right under it, this morning >D

the inner quotes should be single, not douable, the sentence should look like

Same thing

Ya know, I was debating that back and forth. And I think I've made that same mistake throughout the book -.- Gah!

Thanks.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Heh, you people should love me :rolleyes:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
lol at comments about 2nd cover :p.

I'm not trying to make a cover to get used, it's just for fun :D.

(Loving the book so far btw, now reading chapter 11).

~Jindo

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Wow just wow well i never expected THAT ending in chapter 10...

AND you gave us chapter 11 that was MORE unexpected :D

UnknowVector

Reaction score
The Lycan rolled back, springing backward and back up to his feet, one clawed hand dug in the dirt. He growled at the Witch has he quickly calculated out a plan of attack. Robin simply watched him still poised with her one arm pushed forward. Her eyes were crystal blue slits in her face as she concentrated on her opponent. (Pinaha 10 chapter 11)

as?

Alexander gasped as he forced himself to be conscious again. The flashback had faded away, back into Cyrik’s memory. His mind and the Vampire’s had severed their connection with Alexander even having to try. Rising to a sitting position, he felt as if the bones of his skull were throbbing. (12)

without?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well the way the story is shaping out, this could get good fanbase outside the forum. Just don't lose the plot. I hate when that happens to most of the sequels for most books.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Well the way the story is shaping out, this could get good fanbase outside the forum. Just don't lose the plot. I hate when that happens to most of the sequels for most books.

That would be hard, since the general plot for the entire Blood Wars series has already been planned out. I know more or less exactly how everything happens, who does what, who lives and dies, and even some snippets of dialog (the more memorable stuff)

Corruption already has a fanbase outside of the forum. Many students throughout my school have disks with Corruption on it and many more kids have been catching onto the hype. Some more are currently plucking up the courage to ask me, ROFL!

UnknowVector said:
as?

without?

Eh, probably. Please remember it was like 3 in the morning when I finished, and I was almost inhaling potato chips to try to get some kind of energy to keep myself awake. Thankfully, it worked ;)

Nenad said:
Wow just wow well i never expected THAT ending in chapter 10...

AND you gave us chapter 11 that was MORE unexpected :D

Lol, which part of chapter 10? The last scene with Elizabeth and Jessica? Yeah, I sort of... LOVE my plot twists! :D To death. And beyond!

And yeah, I was generous today. Sue me.

~Edit for news flash~​

Corruption will be taking a short hiatus (meaning I won't be working on it for an extended period of time.) Don't get worried, I have no intention of stopping when I'm this close to a very very long-term goal of mine. However, I am in desperate need of time to read some of the books I've purchased, and most of the time I COULD be using for reading is spent writing. So, I shall break for maybe a couple of weeks to read through some books I've been meaning to read, and then I shall be back to writing my own book :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Corruption already has a fanbase outside of the forum. Many students throughout my school have disks with Corruption on it and many more kids have been catching onto the hype. Some more are currently plucking up the courage to ask me, ROFL!

I was thinking bigger than a school :D

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Corruption will be taking a short hiatus (meaning I won't be working on it for an extended period of time.) Don't get worried, I have no intention of stopping when I'm this close to a very very long-term goal of mine. However, I am in desperate need of time to read some of the books I've purchased, and most of the time I COULD be using for reading is spent writing. So, I shall break for maybe a couple of weeks to read through some books I've been meaning to read, and then I shall be back to writing my own book

Awww.... at least i still didnt read chapter 11

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
I was thinking bigger than a school :D

I wasn't restricting it to a school.

As a matter of fact, all my friends from other towns also love and follow Corruption. So you could say that the manuscript alone has a county-wide fanbase :D

Imagine once it's published... ;)

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Well Jindo posted a possiable cover so, I figured Il'd make one. Alot can be done to it, I have it saved as a multi-layer image, and I saved mostly all of the elements seperatly. I was going to add some constellations, but I didnt know what would fit, so w/e. Its all orginal btw, expect for the horns on the tower, it was an image from google because I couldn't get the curve right.

I like Jindo's better, they look like covers, mine just doesn't.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha....

You guys need to take the cartoon out of your covers. Those covers could fit on a children's book, but I don't think they fit this one :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Hahaha....

You guys need to take the cartoon out of your covers. Those covers could fit on a children's book, but I don't think they fit this one :p

Are you referring to just theirs or mine included? :p.

Random Cover coming up :p.

~Jindo

EDIT: eh?.... eeehhh??

corruption30ky.png

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Now that's a good face, but if you found it on google, it'll have to go :p

The text needs to be un-cartooned as well.

Anyways, for a good cover, I could imagine instead of a face of any monster or anything...a concept art drawing from scratch of the Alexander Vampire (not the author).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
lol, ok (damn.. how did you know it was off google!? :p).

I've got a tablet right here so if my sketches proove (sp?) to fail, I'll go with that :p.

Thanks for the feedback :).

~Jindo

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.