Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Lol, you want gibberish? Load HTML. ;)

That is honestly confusing as hell to learn.

But hey, do you READ as well as WRITE?! Lol. Hell, we can even talk about the History of Warcraft, Conan! :p

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Confusing eh? Try C++

Half the trouble is wondering where you forgot the dang semicolon.

Heheh. Yes I do :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, I do enjoy the WC history. It's very entertainning! :D My favorite person, of ALL time?

Kael. My first choice of hero would be something like a Shadow Mage, but since WC doesn't have one, fire works too! Though, I hate the Pheonix thing...

<Side note: 5 abilities down for Beta 5. Dissolve, See Invis, Lightning Bolt, Dead Ward, and Despairing Sonnets>

M

Marksman

Oh Microsoft Word, how I hate you. Does anybody here have a nifty little program called Perfect Works? That is a fine word processor, I've been using it for years, since about 1998. And although they haven't modified it, it's still better than newer versions of Word. Unfortunatly, I've been having some problems and have had to resort to Word. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Eh, WC History is ok. It's simplistic though. They really could've pulled a lot more than they have so far. And their story is only 10-30 pages long. Rip Off. Oh well.

My favorite character? Don't have one, but I like all Shadow Hunters. Trolls rock :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure they had to make a lot of cuts out of the history, for simple reasons: This is a game. It started as a game, not a book. To change it from game to book is VERY hard. That's why I did book first! :D Creating a Corruption RPG will probably be very easy, because I know exactly how it goes. When they made WC1, I highly doubt they knew it was going to hit SO big, and I highly doubt they had ideas for Night Elves, or the Undead storyline. They just sort of smashed that in there for WC3. Thus, the history was born.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Definitely. The Halo books, from what I've heard, have had such a poor amount of information from Halo, that the whole thing seems to be a bloody prequel. The only thing they have in there is John the Master Chief.

Another thing is that they have to think about what happens in the next game via story. Aka, they want a new race to add to the game to keep the people entertained, now what do they do? What new race? What story?

If you do continue a series, you can smooth it out story-wise. I think it was quite a mistake to make WoW and it's online capabilities. Online playing seems to be dwindling, they probably just started it 5 years ago when Everquest was all high and mighty. Now they're going to have to work extra hard if they want to make Warcraft IV, which I'll be happily expecting.

-----

Oh and this is an off-topic note:

In case you're wondering what happened to the LoaP, Alexander, I've slowed down my pace and I've been adding more as opposed to what I was first going to add. No jobs have been triggered, but the Robo Citizen has been having some extra work done to it, and the stores are part way done in creation. Houses should work. And, vehicles should work to an extent.

Expect me to soon put one up in our special forum, that those with special membership be the ones to see a very small fraction of my triggering and point out some small errors.

Oh, since the jobs won't be triggered yet, I've added a gold cheat (type "gold" with NO hyphen) so you can test to buy stuff. The map is kind of worthless in it's played state though. No jobs, car system might be bugged, and no real way of leveling up. But, if you're bummed out at what's there, do take a look at what more I've added :D

I've added a partially-triggered elementary school (opens and closes, has a library and teacher, but nothing else works). I've added a non-triggered, basic high school (no people yet). I've added a non-triggered middle school (with everything but the lockers placed). I've added outposts and a few more nook and crannies for the Invaders, and I've placed a cool swamp between them and a police HQ, for the constant AoS-like battle in the bottom left corner. I've also added many more things, which you might take note of as you play the game.

And last of all, as I've continously said, there isn't too many additions since I've pretty much given many things partial completion, so as to make the map look quite complete when it's released on wc3sear.ch. Don't complain and enjoy the view :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Exactly. They should have created the world and history, BEFORE the game! Otherwise, they're going to eventually get caught in some trap, or start making lame excuses for things. One of my personal favorites: Night Elves....Ever notice there's about 3, no wait, 4! variations of these people around?!

Night Elves
Satyrs
Naga
Blood Elves/High Elves

Honestly...That's sort of sad...And if the Orcs can kill a demigod, why couldn't they beat the humans? ONE clan killed Cenarius. However, there were about 20 clans, with (according to the book The Last Guardian) the help of The Guardian, the most powerful mage in history, fighting against spread out, sometimes conflicting human nations. Odd, don't you think?

About your map, you know I'm always happy to peek around, if only to admire your work! :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Very amusing indeed. I'd say the only video games that get by without an initial story is the RPG, which has a mini one embedded inside. It's these shooters and strategies that need one and don't have one.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yeah, they should hire a writer first, just for a few days even, to help them along before they actually start the game. Diablo I know had a fairly nice storyline to it, but that was an RPG. Sort of needed a story. Warcraft, however, has a storyline that is lacking, to say the least. Question: How do a bunch of powerful mages (The Order of Trisfal) make one particular person (The Guardian) SO powerful, to the point that they could destroy Sargares, the leader of all Demons? If they could do all that when they combine their powers, why didn't they just do that to defeat him? Story hole.

(I'm playing your map right now. Or, I will be when I stop typing and click the start game button :p)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Grom Hellscream killed Cenarius, and that is only becuase of his power and lust through Mannoroth the Destroyer's blood coursing through his veins.

But for goodness #)@%&@#)%&in sake, the whole RACE of orcs was full of Mannoroth's blood in the invasion. That's how they attacked, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry conan, maybe you're with them (in the way you don't understand a plot hole when you're staring at one) in that eager need for a better plot :D

----------

Sadly, Alexander, more stories than just Warcraft fall into THAT hole. It's a really dumb idea, I think at least, to get into demigods, gods, demon's blood, and crap like that. Why? Because then for flashy graphics and to explain why some of the developers were lazy, you need to have an oxymoron. A Demigod that can kill a God. A Demigod that has more power than the world combined. Hype like this makes the stupid general public happy, since they usually control Mr. Unimaginable Power.

Hence why I like my Pigeon idea. He's not immortal. He's not fighting gods. No, he's a #_%#@%)&in pigeon and he's fighting #@_%&in mice and cats. No plot hole there.

----------

That's good. Let me know how the robo citizen looks. Probably cruddy, but I thought he looked decent at least.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes, I understand that they were demonically powered. But then...How did they lose to the humans? Because they lost Medivh? One Orc should be able to take down about 3 footmen, if they're 'chaotic' (aka, chaos attack) by mere strength. Then you add in those warlock powers, and they should have mowed over the Humans in about 2 seconds. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, I myself try to keep away from those plot holes. Like in Corruption, Alexander CAN kill Zaris. Barely. Maybe. It's a chance, and that's how he wins. On a chance. There's no 'supreme power' hidden deep inside, he basically just gets lucky. THAT, my friend, is a hell of a lot more realistic then Alexander suddenly becoming godly and beating the crap out of the world's most powerful Witch.

(Sadly, I didn't take the Robo Citizen, but I can replay it! I'm just looking around at terrain and stuff for the moment :) Wonderful, as always)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I will continously wonder that. I was replying to conan's point out that Grom had chaotic blood.

I've also forgotten that Grom fought alongside those chaotic orcs. I seriously doubt they could have lost unless there was divine intervention of sorts, which will probably be the excuse of Blizzard's if they expand into that category.

Yep. Alexander I suppose can kill Zaris because, well, they're both tough beings. No special power ingredient garbage in there.

My stories, no matter how dumb (they used to deal with angels and demons on the side), required the protagonist and the antagonist to not have superpowers. If one beat the other, one might have gotten cocky or messed up somewhere.

DM Cross

Reaction score
See, that's something I hate.

Something AMAZING just happened, you NEVER SAW IT COMING! How'd it happen?!

A God. -.-

...Why can't it just be pure, blind, dumb luck?! Hey, at least pure, blind, dumb luck actually shows its face more then every century or so.

And speaking of Sargeras and the Legion...Where the hell are the Titans throughout all of this?

So many plot holes.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Storywise, God is pointless. Lifewise, I don't understand your sudden blunt statement. The theory behind God is that he never "happened". We did. Therefore, there isn't that "plot hole" that pops up in the books, which requires that no one knows where everyone came from, there were just these God/demigod who decided one day they'd create a world. Then it turns out there are some violent God/demigods who have decided to create a world that will attempt to wipe out this other world, and here we have Warcraft.

Luck might rear its strangely shaped head, but luck, unfortunately, doesn't build upon itself. Where it builds its bricks, bricks soon fall.

Yea, I wonder. Maybe the Titans are doing the classic cliche..."napping".

DM Cross

Reaction score
I don't know your religion's beliefs (or even your religion) and since that really doesn't have as much to do with stories and stuff as you may think, we're going to avoid that topic. :)

Napping? You mean the stupid coma crap that the Old Gods, or whatever they're called, were forced into by the Titans? Or maybe in truth, the Titans are no longer Titans, but actually Demons, like their brother Sargers. Who knows what bull Blizzard will crap out next.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heheh, I wonder.

Coma? I'd say it's kind of like sleeping in the Emerald Dream. One day the God isn't there. 1000000000000000 years later in the midst of total chaos and as life as we know it crumbles he suddenly arrives and mentions "what happened while I was napping?" before suddenly fixing the world and life as we know it is new again.

DM Cross

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed, as well, is that there are no..."Angels" fighting the Demons. Typically, that's what happens in most games, there are Demons/Devils, fighting against Angels, and it just sort of slides over the real world.

Actually, here's another thing: The WC world doesn't use cosmology. There's only like...Three planes of existance: The Emerald Dream, the Twisting Nether, and of course, our world.

Sort of bores me when I think about it.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Another thing I wonder is if their world is flat or round :rolleyes:

DM Cross

Reaction score
Hmm, that's actually a really good question...Ever notice everyone sails to Kalimdor from Azeroth? And tries to go PAST the bloody Maelstrom?! You'd think if the world was round...Someone would say something like:

You know, we keep doing it the same bloody way, over and over again, and every damn time we go, half of us die, just getting there! ... Hmm ... Think it would work if we went the OTHER way?!

...So I kind of think they're either flat, or Blizzard's not that geographically smart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.