Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hmm winds of change and play? seem interesting
also theyr the only ones that dont seem touchy touchy, cut myself, or WHY GOD

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Play

Can you hear me?
Why do you fear me?
You don’t know how to see me
Too busy trying to disease me

Hope you’ve got the strength to deliver
Pray hard that your God’s a forgiver
Ignore the frost as you shiver
Leave the beast behind you forever

Bowing down, I fell down, now lost in the past
Feels like crawling in traffic, I can’t move as fast
Broken bones protruding, too much pain to fit a cast
Dripping each drop of blood like it’s my last

Burning alive with the fever
Doctor’s playing the part of deceiver
Will no one be my receiver?
Never mind, play hers as I leave her

My choice, this is my decision
Laugh at the joke I call my vision
Watch the entertainment of my collision
Aid your Gods in the unholy mission

It’s possible to get blown away
From being thrown in this fray
But without choice, no blame lies on my tray
Always remembers: The higher the stake, the greater the price to play

Winds of Change

All I want is what’s mine
To get it all before I run out of time

Already, I can tell things aren’t like what they used to be
Things have been turned upside-down, backward, completely

My life today causes me nothing but stress
It seems like everything’s become such a mess

Sometimes it feels like my mind’s going to blow
Because I don’t know how tomorrow’s going to go

All I want is for things to go back to the way they used to be
So I don’t have to deal with this feeling of going crazy

So where’s the button I press to rewind?
I just want to put things back to what’s right in my mind

I just can’t stand how reality seems so strange
Especially after those winds of change

EDIT

I've updated Post 1's index with links to the poems posted thus far.

Zakyath

Reaction score
"Play" was very well written, I really enjoyed reading it, the flow was fantastic; I couldn't even stop until I realized I had read it through.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Thank you.

I will be trying to get ahold of the only written copy of Everything I've Got, a poem I wrote for an ex-girlfriend, within the next week. If I can, and type it up, it'll be included in the list, bumping me up to 98, just 2 poems shy of my goal of 100.

I'm also working on another one, which will make 99 :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
"Play" was very well written, I really enjoyed reading it, the flow was fantastic; I couldn't even stop until I realized I had read it through.

agree

DM Cross

Reaction score
The previous winner said it would take him possible into the later end of the first week of September. Meaning the end of this week.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Is this going to happen? (Just so I know) :p

Yeah,

However I'm in a lot of school work and map-updating right now and our day of quizzes will be this Friday, so I'll study and review plus the new update for my map at the same day will be released. I'll post the thread this Saturday night when those things get done:thup:.

DM Cross

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm kinda siding with anyone who thinks this really took too long. I don't see why it took so long to come up with a random theme for a contest you won't be participating in anyway and copy/pasting a thread that I would then be editing to make it correct.

The "host" is really nothing more than the thread starter who comes up with the idea for the contest. Oh, and if you want, one of the judges.

Not a huge commitment, really. It's not meant to be, so that people don't mind doing it.

Quickly :rolleyes:

DM Cross

Reaction score
PC7 starts NOW!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Poetry Contest 8 Version 2.0 [RESULTS ARE IN!]

Previous Contests
Poetry Contest 1 [Mer De Noms]
Poetry Contest 2 [hortononon]
Poetry Contest 3 [Monsterous]
Poetry Contest 4 [Halo_king116]
Poetry Contest 5 [Tharius]
Poetry Contest 6 [jonadrian619]
Poetry Contest 7 [Ninva]

Welcome to Poetry Contest 8!

Topic:
The topic for this contest is, quite simply, the twisted fairy tale. Take a common folklore, mythological tale, fairy tale and twist it around, make it unique and write a poem for it.​

Contest Rules:
  • You may submit any type of poem, so long as it relates to the topic stated above.
  • There is no maximum limit on how long the poem is. However, it must be at least 4 lines long.
  • The poem must be written by YOU. You cannot take another person's work or have anyone write it for you. Anyone caught violating this rule will be permanently banned from these contests.
  • Winners can not enter the next contest. They must either host and not judge, or host and judge. If they choose not to host, they cannot judge, either. This is to prevent people from winning over and over again.
  • Do not edit your poem after you've entered it. You have until the deadline to work on it, so if you feel you might not be completely satisfied with it, take your time. Once it's entered, if you edit your poem, you can and will be disqualified. We cannot take the risk of someone getting "inspired" by someone else's poem and basically copying them.

Judging:
Head Judge - Seth Cross

Submitted poems will be judged using the following criteria:
  1. Clarity and Emotional Impact [40 points] - Is the meaning behind your poem clear? If you are describing something, does the poem paint a clear picture? Does your poem make us feel what it is intended to express?
  2. Grammar/Spelling [15 points] - Grammar and spelling should be taken care of without having to be told. Although poems can get away with certain grammatical infractions where prose cannot, if poor grammar obscures the ideas being expressed without reason, it makes it extremely hard to read. Poor spelling, of course, is unforgivable in this age of spellcheckers. This applies to 1337speak nad AOL tlak 2.
  3. Flow and Rhythm [25 Points] - Does your poem flow smoothly, or are there pauses and jolts, making it choppy and difficult to read? This is separate from rhyme - poems do not have to rhyme, nor will be they be penalized if they do not.
  4. Word Quality and Choice [20 points] - Does your poem have only basic vocabulary, or have you used a larger selection of words? On the other hand, have you used difficult or obscure words with no other reason than to confuse people or show off? If you use the same word several times when you could have switched it up, or if you use words so long and unwieldy that they break the flow of your poem, this is where you'll lose points.

Naturally, if you add up all the possible top scores in each category, you will get 100. Your score will, obviously, be X/100 for each judge. The three scores will be added and then divided by three (assuming that we still have three judges by the end), to get the average of the three scores. Highest score wins!

Deadline:
The deadline for Poetry Contest 8 is midnight, December 23rd (GMT -5). Time zones do not matter.

The Rewards:
As always, like in the previous contests, winners are given a bunch of reputation from contestants and viewers alike. They can also be the hosts for the upcoming contest if they like.

Poetry Contest 5 was the first contest to use the Award system. With at least 10 contestants or more, awards can be given for 1st place, and 20 contestants for 2nd or 3rd place contestants. So, I'm hoping this time that there will be more entries, and we can give out the awards to the contestants!

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
This is not my entry, but I wanted to share it as an example. To enter this would be to plaigarize!

Mary had a little sheep
And with that sheep she went to sleep
The sheep turned out to be a ram
And Mary had a little lamb.

Good luck, everyone! :D

Chao

Reaction score
"Lie to me"

...vastly inappropriate
Trees grow down
and turtles are fast
your ears will love
If speakers blast

Water's dry
And air is thick
And now he has
A massive dick

He first was Asian,
Then was White
And now he's Black
And doing her right

Sap is the same
Composition as semen
For Pinocchio
The lying sex demon

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
"Lie to me"

...vastly inappropriate
Trees grow down
and turtles are fast
your ears will love
If speakers blast

Water's dry
And air is thick
And now he has
A massive dick

He first was Asian,
Then was White
And now he's Black
And doing her right

Sap is the same
Composition as semen
For Pinocchio
The lying sex demon
What exactly does this have to do with Pinocchio? :confused:

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I think the pun is that he's made out of wood and the fairy tale teaches kids not to lie. So, Pinocchio has sex and lies? That's kinda badass.

Chao

Reaction score
Whenever he tells a lie, his nose grows.
I guess 'twas a little unclear that the pun lies in something else growing, as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.