Setting Building Limitations

Zaraf

Reaction score
Ok, so I want to make certain towers limited in the amount that you can build of them. Say just 1 of each tower. I found a easy one line way to do it, being "Player - Limit training of Tower 1 to 1 for (Picked player)"

Here is the problem I'm having though. If I upgrade this tower to say Tower 2, this limitation no longer applies since technically there is no longer a Tower 1. Setting a limitation on Tower 2 only prevents the person from upgrading the second Tower 1 that he can build.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can prevent the building of Tower 1 to just 1 tower, even if it is upgraded?

Thanks and +rep for any help!

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
I think this would work.

Code:
Limit
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins construction
    Conditions
        (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Guard Tower)))) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Constructing structure)

If you wanted it to look more polished, you could make a sort of upgrade called "Exceeded Limit" or something, and have the tower require that upgrade, adjusting the level of the upgrade depending on the amount of towers built by that player.

simonake

Reaction score
Instead of using an updgrade, you could use a spell called 'upgrade" that destroy current tower, wait X seconds and create a new tower. Then you limit it to the unit.

I'm maybe dumb but, if someone already has a tower 2, he shouldn't be able to get a tower 1. Unless, if it's the question and that the first paragraph doesnt help you, this might work.

Use the trigger in Action->Player Just upon the Limit unit type trigger, there's a trigger that make unit unable, That will work! I'm pretty sure.

blooman

Reaction score
Cant you like use the limitations like Dark Deeds game did?
Like peasents are the things you require for buildings
Guard Tower Built Then
Kill Guard Tower Peasent
Guardtower upgrade
BLah
If you sell the tower use the unit uses ability and create the tower peasent back
so you can use unlimited upgrades
If you don't know what i said LolXD

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Another thing that may or may not work along with your one-line trigger there, is to place the more basic towers into the "Dependancy Equivilents" field in the object editor of your upgraded towers.

Zaraf

Reaction score
The way I have it setup is that you build a basic tower and all other towers are upgraded from this basic tower. After you upgrade to one of the specializations, it is no longer available in the list of upgrades. However, if I upgrade the specialized tower(Tower 1 upgraded to Tower 2), Tower 1 appears in the list of upgrades again since there is technically no Tower 1 anymore.

If I go the route of making all the extra dummy units and such, it's going to create a HUGE mess since I have quite a few towers. Big messes usually result in a lot of bugs too.

This "Dependancy Equivilents" is interesting though....how does it work exactly?

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
The Dependancy Equivilents is for like... Say you want to research an upgrade, but it requires that you have an archer. If you put the archer unit in the dependancy equivilents of a grunt, then you could research that upgrade even if you only had a grunt and no archer. So basically its like "I want this to also count as this other thing when considering building requirements". Again I'm not sure if it will work with that trigger or not.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I know how to make it... Make requirement unit for all buildings, make a region on your map, doesn't mather where it is. Then make these triggers:

Trigger 1:

E: Map initialization
C:
A: Set Temp_Point = Center of (Your region)
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Required Unit for Player 1 at Temp_Point
Set Temp_Units[1] = Last created unit
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Required Unit for Player 2 at Temp_Point
Set Temp_Units[2] = Last created unit
etc for all players u got
Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

Trigger 2:

E: A unit finishes constructing
C:
A: If: Constructed Structure equal to tower 1
Then: Unit - Change ownership of Temp_Units[1] to Neutral Passive and Change color
Turn on Trigger 3
Else: Nothing Here
If: Constructed Structure equal to tower 2
Then: Unit - Change ownership of Temp_Units[2] to Neutral Passive and Change color
Turn on Trigger 3
U can do this for all players

Trigger 3: (not initially on)

E: Every 0.1 seconds of game time
C:
A: Set Temp_Group[1] = Units in entire map of type Tower 1
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group[1] and do actions
Loop Actions: Add picked unit to Temp_Group[2]
Custom Script - call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group[1])
If: Number of units in Temp_Group[2] equal to 0
Then: Unit - Change ownership of Temp_Units[1] to Player 1 and Change color
And do many triggers of the third trigger for other players

That way u would be able to make a limit... If u already have a tower u cannot build more, and your tower asks for requirement making it unbuildable until u destroy the existing tower... I haven't tested it yet, i don't know if it works. But try to make it like me, if u have problems i'll think of something else to solve them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.