Several Problems :(

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
First, I have been using GUI for the past few years and too used to it. I have been trying to learn Jass/vJass now but I could not quite understand it :( after reading some tutorials. So, I hope if anyone can add me in msn to guide me if possible and if I have any problems, I can immediately turn to u and get the answer. It will be more convenient to ask a person than making a thread and waiting for replies. My msn address is [email protected] and please at least make a post to let me know you added me or else I will not randomly accept invitation :thup:

2nd, I have a problem in my newgen. Whenever I slight edit a map with vJass and I press test, I will not be able to test the map and will returned to the main menu in Warcraft. I have tried saving twice and even replacing my jass helper. But all of it didn't help. Please help me :(

Thanks in Advance

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
1 - I can't add you right now because my cat is sleeping in my side and I don't want to wake her |: but you can add me [email protected]

2 - Is because vJass need to be changed to Jass to run in Warcraft, and it is done when you save your map, so everytime you change anything, you need to save the map again to test, also it include if you scroll in some jass trigger :)

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
1 - I can't add you right now because my cat is sleeping in my side and I don't want to wake her |: but you can add me [email protected]

2 - Is because vJass need to be changed to Jass to run in Warcraft, and it is done when you save your map, so everytime you change anything, you need to save the map again to test, also it include if you scroll in some jass trigger :)

:eek: K but why will u wake your cat when you all have to do is to click and type ( just curious and no offense) Anyway I added you :D and is it @email.com?? (Never heard it anyway)

I already said I tried saving twice after I changed but it is still the same result.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
because my msn is logged in notebook, and notebook is in my side and the cat are between us lol...

and yes, @email.com ;P

about your second problem, so you probably are using some return bug <which inst allowed anymore>

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
JassHelper + World Editor combined still does not fully check for all syntax errors, that's the problem. You need to check your code!

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
JassHelper + World Editor combined still does not fully check for all syntax errors, that's the problem. You need to check your code!

But why can I test it before i edit anything. And my edit means just anything that is not related to the code or just take away a letter and type back in the letter
Yet, when I test it after I edit will return me back to the main menu

DioD

Reaction score
read newgen manual ffs!

you must manually save map every time you want to test it.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
when you save, the JNGP convert all script to Jass <hided>... if you edit ANYTHING in the map, the last backup comes and overwrite the current map... so if you move 1 letter of a unit tooltip, the trigger become vjass again (not exactly this but oh well... hope you understand) and you need to convert it to jass again by saving

DioD

Reaction score
if you edit anything and press test map, editor will not run vJass compiler and save code as is as, ofc this code do not work.

this is by design, vJass compiler run only if you save map yourself, on backups and test map it wont run.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.