Several questions about my sheep projectile.

TreeTree

Reaction score
I changed the projectile art for an archer to the sheep (amphibious), sheep, sheep (waterborne) model. The sheep plays its death animation when it impacts the target. I'm just gonna list the questions since I have a few.

-How do I skip the death animation or make it play so fast it's like it doesn't even exist? (The sheep's blood is also part of the animation right?)

-How do I detect when the archer fires a sheep? I want to play a sheep sound everytime she fires one.

-How do I detect when a unit is hit by a projectile?

-If I had 3 different towers that had to shoot different colored sheep, how would I color them? Since it doesn't seem like I can use a custom model for a projectile art and changing the tint for the sheep would affect all the towers.

I thought I had more questions but I probably just forgot them. I'll ask them when I remember them.

0WN3D

Reaction score
1) Only way is to import a sheep that does not have blood
Or you can trigger the attack(Unfesible)

2)Only way is to caculate the backswing with attack speed and BaT fomulae thing(im not sure about his 1, search the forums)
Or also you can trigger the attack

3) You can import the sheeps or
Trigger the attack!!!!
^^

TreeTree

Reaction score
But how would I know when the archer is starting to attack? Do I have to do complicated testing where I wait for the acquires a target event then check the distance between the archer and the target then set a timer based on the backswing time? Then set a attack cooldown timer?

Also what's the different between the acquiring a target and noticing a target events?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
"Acquires a target" is the moment a unit aggros, or starts chasing after an enemy in an attempt to attack it. "Notices a target in range" is like the inverse of "Is attacked" - it's the moment the triggering unit commences an attack, eg. in an archer's case, each time they start to draw back their bow.

Sadly, there's no event for when an attack actually fires. There are a few workarounds if it's really important, but they're not easy.

As for how to detect when a unit is hit by a projectile, use damage detection. You can find a lot about that with a search on these forums.

TreeTree

Reaction score
I suppose I could use a timer that expires in the time of the backswing then play a sound.

0WN3D

Reaction score
However..... Backswing changes with attack speed so you need to caculate that in too

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.