Several Shockwaves positioned neatly, forming a moon-shape structure.

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Some of you may know what I'm doing, but some of you may not.

I'm creating a RPG. It features the animanga BLEACH. All characters are included in the game.

So, I'm still stuck with this ability, "Getsuga Tenshou". Its a moon-shape ability made up of several shockwaves. My main problem is this.

How do I position the shockwaves so neatly that they form a crescent moving towards the target enemy?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Well, the crescent would essentially be made of 1/2 of 1 circle and maybe 1/3 of another, larger circle. Here's a picture:

Picture2.jpg

The yellow parts being your crescents. Thus, all you have to do is figure out how deep you need your crescent to be and create shockwaves at the relevant points on the circle once you've got a formula for it.

Ryuu

Reaction score
At the relevant points... that seems to be tough. Unless you can use a random point in the two circles?

No. Impossible. What do you suggest, then?

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
It's not that hard. Say you figure out that your small circle should have a radius of 200 and that the big one should have a radius of 300. Run a few tests to find out how far away the center of each circle should be; let's say it's 325.

Since circles are identical no matter what direction you rotate them, you just need to find out what % of the circle will actually be drawn by testing; let's say 60% of the small one and 30% of the big one will be drawn. Converted to degrees, those become 216* and 108*, respectively.

If you know how to draw 360* of a circle, you can certainly draw 216* and 108* of a circle. And you know where the center/what the radius is for each one!

Ryuu

Reaction score
360* of a circle? I know naught about circles, and that was why I set up this thread.

>are you making a wave that forms like a cresent?

A shockwave wave that forms like a crescent. The whole crescent-shape wave will move towards the target enemy, while keeping its shape.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i found simmilar to that in the hive workshop spells or wc3campaigns

but it forms like this /\ not crescent, like an arrow

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Crescent Shockwave

Firstly set the position where the crescentshape starts.

In this Experiments, I have the result as this:

crescentzv2.png

For Example, is this, if you want to strike the target frontally, use Shockwave Ability, and then use the triggers:

Just say you have :
"Shockstart" Variable of Point with 7 Arrays.
Then "Angle" Variable of Real with no Array.
Then "Shocker" Variable of Unit with 7 Arrays.
Then "Centre" Variable of Point with no Array
Those Fours Needed for this Trigger

Then set, one by one :

triggerqx1.png

Those trigger works, check them out;

Remember, give nomana Shockwave to the Dumb Unit or it won't work.

The most pointful part is the selected one on the image:

Note, Big Note:

600.00 and 575.00, are the radiant of crescent that looks like "("

(Angle- (228.00 - ((IntegerA) x 12.00))), is where the first shockwave starts

If you want to change the direction, just change the 228 into another thing, for example 228 - 90, or 228 + 90, or 228 - 180 (Angle - (228.00 - ((IntegerA)x12.00)))

To change the length of the "(", just change the 12 into another thing, you can even create a circle if change it into 360.00/7.00 (Angle - (228.00 - ((IntegerA) x 12.00)))

If you want to change the size, just change the 600.00 and 575.00 into lesser ones.

So, in fact, these things only used points and degrees as the centres of imaginary circles.

Then, You can create all shape of structure as long as you know points well, even letter such as A-Z.

:cool:

Ryuu

Reaction score
mr-death, I don't really think you got what I wanted.

The crescent should be like this:

Code:
********) -->
*********) --> 
**********) -->
O**********) --> Target
**********) -->
*********) --> 
********) -->

It should be something like this, with the "head" at the front, and the hero at the back.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score

Oh, that part is Easier

Look again at my last post, it's been edited again with image.

If you want to create

**)
***)
****)
****)
****)
***)
**)

Just see the Trigger that I've just uploaded, then change the 228.00 into 228.00-180.00, or 48.00.

And Also change the 600.00 into -600.00 ,The one in the
Set Centre = ((Position of (Casting Unit)) offset by 600.00 towards Angle Degrees)

:cool:

Ryuu

Reaction score
Thanks, mr-death, I just don't understand why is your reputation still 0. You're a helpful guy ;)

Azedenkae

Reaction score
I believe in the anime fight map thing, Ichigo creates a close-to-crescent attack, perhaps you can use that? Maybe like pm the creator and ask him/her.

Ryuu

Reaction score
If I do that, the players in my game will probably say "lol this ichigo copy anime fight = =" or something like that. I want more creativity, and I finally found this type of spell, so I asked.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Technically that's not a crescent; it's an arc. If you'd actually wanted a crescent, my way works.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
A crescent is a 2-D geometrical figure that is made from two arcs. An arc is part of a circle.

Ryuu

Reaction score
A crescent is made from two arcs, so ultimately, it's still an arc.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Just proving my point: a crescent is 2-D; an arc is 1-D (if that's possible).

An arc is just simply a curved line, while a crescent is two curved lines and the space in between. A crescent can have area, an arc cannot :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.