Shaman King

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Shaman King (シャーマンキング Shāman Kingu) is both an anime series and a manga series by Hiroyuki Takei. The manga has ended prematurely in Japan with 32 volumes in total. The anime concluded its run with a total of 64 episodes and 3 specials.

A shaman is someone who connects this world and the spirit world. In Shaman King, shamans team up with ghosts and spirits to achieve their goals. The greatest dreams of a shaman is to become the Shaman King, who is able to contact the Great Spirit (the spirit that every soul will eventually go back to) in order to be the savior of the world. Various magical and religious terms are spread through out the story but they merge into something explainable by the time the main plot arrives.

The story

Asakura Yoh is a mysterious teenager that Oyamada Manta meets at school. At night, the latter follows Yoh to the Graveyard where he seems to spend his time, and he witnesses a surprising fact: Yoh can communicate with the ghosts! At school, no one believes him, not even Asakura Yoh himself. Eventually, he wants to know more about this mysterious kid and decides to investigate the matter all by himself. He quickly makes friends with Asakura Yoh and their story begins!

Characters

attachment.php

Asakura Yoh (麻倉 葉 Asakura Yō)​

The main character of the story. He is easy-going, laid back, and carefree, which causes him to have an open mind and makes him relax in extreme situations. "No one knows what will happen in the future. There is no sense in worrying in something you do not and cannot control, so why bother?" This famous line of his is his philosophy in life, which always shines through in his personality. Yoh's only goal is to live an easy life, and he believes that when he becomes Shaman King, he will achieve that goal. His guardian ghost is a powerful samurai by the name of Amidamaru.

attachment.php

Oyamada Manta (小山田まん太 Oyamada Manta)​

An intelligent but worrisome teen who always carries a "dictionary/encyclopedia/compendium of all human knowledge", and has a sixth sense, meaning he can see supernatural beings, even though he is not a Shaman. He is very expressive and a bit panicky. He seeks to know more about his mysterious classmate Asakura Yoh. He cares for others and wishes to accompany Yoh wherever he goes and live his adventures. He spends his life going to school and studying, considering he is also taking evening classes. He narrates the story in the manga and anime, allowing readers and watchers to understand the plot more efficiently.

attachment.php

Tao Ren (道 蓮 Japanese: Tao Len)​

An intelligent, skilled shaman, who is sometimes considered arrogant by those he considers to be lesser than himself. He is one of Yoh's rival shamans. He comes from China. Ren is obsessed with milk, bodybuilding, and the number 3 (in the anime). His trademark is his unique "tongari" haircut, which gets longer and stiffer when he is mad. Ren is very short-tempered and impatient. His spirit companion is a massive 1000 year old Chinese general named Bason. Ren is dominant and protective over his older sister Tao Jun at first; and is determined to be the Shaman King. Ren's purpose to become Shaman King is to cleanse the world of all the humans; he hated humans because he believed that they were defiling the earth thus he yearns to eliminate them all. He also detests his father (who was the one who forcibly led him to think that way) because of their abusive interpersonal relationship. His father was responsible for the Tao family emblem which was carved into his back when he was a child.

-------------------------------------------------

Other character files (warning for spoilers): List of characters in Shaman King

Shaman King is currently licensed in North America (US and Canada), in the UK and many other countries.

Well anyways, here are the openings:

English Opening

[YOUTUBE]8qLl145FqQg[/YOUTUBE]

Japanese Openings

Opening 1
[YOUTUBE]Ml9C1qDJzls[/YOUTUBE]

Opening 2
[YOUTUBE]l83zIo9Qdx8[/YOUTUBE]

Please support Shaman King by purchasing the mangas in a nearby store :)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Jetix is running Shamen King now?!?! I did not know that. I'm going to have to check that one out. W/e. This show is awesome. I loved it when i was younger, but I missed most of the episodes. So today(before reading this) I got the idea to watch all of it over again.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hahaha.

There is no good anime without good news ;)

So... here's a good news indeed!

News!

That "cut-off ending" will be no more, because Shaman King is back on track! :D

duyen

Reaction score
I watched this when I was like 8-10 then it got discontinued.
It had a great ending, just think what would have happened if Yoh swallowed the Spirit King :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brings back souvenirs, doesn't it? ;)

G

Gamoura

This anime is amazin.. seriously Asakura Yoh is so nice, such a great character, always relax. The other character are really nice too Bokutou No Ryu is one of my favorite xD
If you like anime you should read/listen to shaman king
Manga : http://www.onemanga.com/Shaman_King/1/
Anime : go on stage6 or Veoh quality is very good!!

duyen

Reaction score
Isn't it Yoh Asakura? Or do they always call him by his last name? :confused:

Some pictures:

Some main characters:

shaman_king.jpg

Most the good characters:

shaman_king.jpg

Ren and his sister:

Shaman_King.jpg

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great pictures!!

In the English Dub I believe they call him Yoh Asakura, since Asakura is his last name. But in Japanese, last names come first. ;)

And so his name is Asakura Yoh.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
this is one of my top favorite animes!

the whole concept/story just rocked.

i watched the 2 seasons on filipino dub.

it sucked on how cartoon network only aired season 1. season 2 was better.

silva and the other guardians are one of my favorite characters...
they have cool powers, converting animal spirits to armor/weapons.

EDIT:

thanks for the link on the online manga gamoura!

here's a pic of silva. chapter 28, p.17... hehehe, i skipped a few chapters. this is one of my fave episodes.

17.jpg

nanometre

Reaction score
Shaman King = masterpiece!

The T.V. version is really good and the japanese voice are sooo cool! Yoh is the best.
If I could suggest everyone who loved the anime to read the books. In my opinion, they're much better than the serie :D

Shaman King is my 3rd best serie right after Death Note and Samurai Champloo^^

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Shaman King = masterpiece!

This man speaks the truth. :)

> Yoh is the best.

See above sentence.

> If I could suggest everyone who loved the anime to read the books.

And yet again!

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Hahaha.

There is no good anime without good news ;)

So... here's a good news indeed!

News!

That "cut-off ending" will be no more, because Shaman King is back on track! :D

WTF!?!?!?!? the japanese have brought it back to life!!!! i cant wait!!!

thanks for that lol.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> WTF!?!?!?!? the japanese have brought it back to life!!!! i cant wait!!!

That's a common reaction among people who learn about it! :)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Brings back memory, it is a long long time anime.

In this anime, you'll need to watch teh movie instead of reading it's manga. They didn't continue to the last part in the manga but finished the whole story in the tv-series. :/

I regret that I rent all the manga after watching the whole tv-series. >"<

It is actually naturally that manga is more detailed than the tv-series, but not in this case...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I like Shaman King, but I don't like the hair of one character that his helmet also forms like his hair you know the crazy rider guy :D I saw this anime a long long time ago. Here in Philippines, Japanese animes just gets popular in no time (Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, etc.) but what I like more than Shaman King is exactly Spongebob :D I dont always watch this kinds of animes, its kind of repetitive. I think the movie for Shaman King is great, if only we have some kind of all anime channel :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chapters 267-268-269 released as manga scanlations by Mankin-Trad!

Available here.

By the way the Shaman King manga is way better than the anime. ;)

Enjoy!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.