Spell Sharl

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
- 17 jass triggered base spells from which to form combinations (all original and coded by me).
- 804032 different possible combinations, leaving posibilities to imagination.
and that's another show of what J4 can do.. awesome, gotta play that map sometime.

Actually, the systems I write like SpellStruct are half to inspire me to map again. If it gets easy enough to do this stuff, I probably will.
like, create the super complicated systems first... and then mapping with them would be a breeze.

SanKakU

Reaction score
INCINERATE, i'm not certain but if i remember right the test map did not preload the ability, so it lags the first time you cast it...

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. It doesn't lag that badly actually, I find.

>i don't remember you releasing any real maps
Not here, no. I used to map a lot and release on war3.incgamers.com (back when it was maps.worldofwar.net or maps.warcraftiii.net to be exact). I did all my mapping before joining TH though. The best title I released was probably Ancient Bound. I also released Savage Creed here. If I did another map, I think I'd make it open source and very modular.

Actually, the systems I write like SpellStruct are half to inspire me to map again. If it gets easy enough to do this stuff, I probably will.

Can't forget "The Everything Map".

Real life for morons? : D

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
GUI power.
And I love that map.. <3

Real Life for Morons I didn't actually contribute to. I did some work on the earlier Real Life maps. Mine lagged. XD
Was 7 years ago, though.

Lol, I was like 8 when I was playing your maps.

Dude, your old.

SanKakU

Reaction score
i have a couple problems with this spell to report.

when the unit you attempt to cast the spell on moves out of range while you're casting your hero does not chase the unit or cast the spell or do anything. he just keeps trying to cast the spell.

also, when importing the spell the graphics will not appear. i do not understand why that happens.

the second problem should be confirmed by others and investigated. it makes no sense.

the first problem is a really big deal and jeopardizes the spell's reliability.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
also, when importing the spell the graphics will not appear. i do not understand why that happens..
That is because you did not get both the dummy unit and its custom model, and set it up correctly in your map. :)

>when the unit you attempt to cast the spell on moves out of range while you're casting your hero does not chase the unit or cast the spell or do anything. he just keeps trying to cast the spell.

I don't really know what you're talking about. :confused:

SanKakU

Reaction score
That is because you did not get both the dummy unit and its custom model, and set it up correctly in your map. :)

>when the unit you attempt to cast the spell on moves out of range while you're casting your hero does not chase the unit or cast the spell or do anything. he just keeps trying to cast the spell.

I don't really know what you're talking about. :confused:

like get an allied unit into the test map and make him run away from you while you try to cast the spell. you'll see.

as for the other problem...i might've goofed on that, but i was sure i had it working, don't know why it's a problem now. maybe there's another spell that also uses a different dummy.mdx file? if so, can i rename yours and it still work?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
as for the other problem...i might've goofed on that, but i was sure i had it working, don't know why it's a problem now. maybe there's another spell that also uses a different dummy.mdx file? if so, can i rename yours and it still work?
Working spell works, and I don't have time to try combinations of dummy mdx files. I can only guarantee that if you implement it the way it is implemented in the map, it will work the way it works in the map. :)

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Personal question to J4L.

When you look back to these codes, dont you think you have been better in coding? I mean:

JASS:
set gg_trg_sharl = CreateTrigger( )

and such.

JASS:
function/*Not a private or public.*/

It's kinda entertaining to look at a code from you now, and this.

So the question:
Do you think you have been better in coding sence this? :thup:

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Personal question to J4L.

When you look back to these codes, dont you think you have been better in coding?
So the question:
Do you think you have been better in coding sence this? :thup:
Aside from this:
JASS:
	function Trig_Sharl_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
		return GetSpellAbilityId()==AbilCode
	endfunction

function Trig_Sharl_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
		local sharl d=sharl.create()
		set d.caster=GetSpellAbilityUnit()
		set d.target=GetSpellTargetUnit()
		set d.partx[0]=GetUnitX(d.caster)
		set d.party[0]=GetUnitY(d.caster)
		set d.partz[0]=GetZ(d.partx[0],d.party[0])+GetUnitFlyHeight(d.caster)
		set d.order=GetUnitCurrentOrder(d.caster)
		call KT_Add(function Grow, d, 0.1)
	endfunction
endscope

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Sharl takes nothing returns nothing
	set gg_trg_Sharl=CreateTrigger()
	call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(gg_trg_Sharl,EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
	call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Sharl,Condition(function Trig_Sharl_Conditions))
	call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Sharl,function Trig_Sharl_Actions)
endfunction

And using a sized array instead of a linked list, I dare say this is actually pretty darn awesome. I still recall coding it. There were some clever tweaks which compromised off the complex 3d math with efficiency, and the whole thing worked really nicely. Oh, I would also encapsulate the whole thing in two structs instead of functions. But KT2 was more functional, I'd probably replace KT2 with T32 too.

So, all in all, recoding this... I'd probably use SpellStruct, T32, and encapsulate everything in two structs, for for spark, one for the spell. :)

Which might end up actually running less efficiently, ironically. ;)

I've learned a lot of things, of course... :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Pfft. Jesus4Lyf updating things! Hahahh!

Too busy eating Cheezels o_O - or in some map on Battle.net ;)

Edit more: Maybe even a Clinkz =.=

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Aside from this:
JASS:
	function Trig_Sharl_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
		return GetSpellAbilityId()==AbilCode
	endfunction

function Trig_Sharl_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
		local sharl d=sharl.create()
		set d.caster=GetSpellAbilityUnit()
		set d.target=GetSpellTargetUnit()
		set d.partx[0]=GetUnitX(d.caster)
		set d.party[0]=GetUnitY(d.caster)
		set d.partz[0]=GetZ(d.partx[0],d.party[0])+GetUnitFlyHeight(d.caster)
		set d.order=GetUnitCurrentOrder(d.caster)
		call KT_Add(function Grow, d, 0.1)
	endfunction
endscope

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Sharl takes nothing returns nothing
	set gg_trg_Sharl=CreateTrigger()
	call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(gg_trg_Sharl,EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT)
	call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Sharl,Condition(function Trig_Sharl_Conditions))
	call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Sharl,function Trig_Sharl_Actions)
endfunction

And using a sized array instead of a linked list, I dare say this is actually pretty darn awesome. I still recall coding it. There were some clever tweaks which compromised off the complex 3d math with efficiency, and the whole thing worked really nicely. Oh, I would also encapsulate the whole thing in two structs instead of functions. But KT2 was more functional, I'd probably replace KT2 with T32 too.

So, all in all, recoding this... I'd probably use SpellStruct, T32, and encapsulate everything in two structs, for for spark, one for the spell. :)

Which might end up actually running less efficiently, ironically. ;)

I've learned a lot of things, of course... :)

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.