Sheep Wars - Rounds System or "Rematch system"

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

You might know about my current project named Sheep Wars.

I've come so far that I want a rounds system or "Rematch system".

The thing is I don't know how to make one or even where to start. I've searched the forums and I've had no luck so far.

Could anyone point me in the right direction or even give a useful link?

Would be appreciated, thanks.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
i dont now about your project but you could create a fade filter then remove all units from the game like the game has just started
EDIT: i tested your map and its very funny but i would create some blood whenever the sheep attack and whats that "are you ready" dialog thingy at the beginning??

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i dont now about your project but you could create a fade filter then remove all units from the game like the game has just started
EDIT: i tested your map and its very funny but i would create some blood whenever the sheep attack and whats that "are you ready" dialog thingy at the beginning??

The dialog in the beginning was just for me to learn how to use dialogs, haha. It does nothing really...

Will consider the blood when attack thingy. Is there an easy way? or do I have to create a special effect whenever a unit is attacked?

Fade filter, remove all units and run starting triggers?

Drunken_God

Reaction score
Code:
E: a unit is attacked
C:Unit type equal to teal sheep or red sheep or blue sheep or gray sheep
A: create specialeffect using blalal
 Destroy (last created specialeffect)
that should make it

run triggers like create farm for all players playing and so on

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Code:
E: a unit is attacked
C:Unit type equal to teal sheep or red sheep or blue sheep or gray sheep
A: create specialeffect using blalal
 Destroy (last created specialeffect)
that should make it

run triggers like create farm for all players playing and so on

Thanks, I'll let you all know how its going with the rematch system when I encounter a problem or something like that. :)

Results of blood effect:
Code:
Sheep Blood Effect
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Red Sheep
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Blue Sheep
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Teal Sheep
                (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Purple Sheep
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanLargeDeathExplode\HumanLargeDeathExplode.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Drunken_God

Reaction score
then goodluck and have fun mapmaking but dont stop making the map before its finished (that happened often to me)

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
then goodluck and have fun mapmaking but dont stop making the map before its finished (that happened often to me)

Trust me, this aint my first map :)

------------------------------------------------

Got a problem...

When I have done the rematch the upgrades is still there. I tried this:

Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Player - Set (Picked player) Current gold to 0
        Player - Set the current research level of Sheep Armor to 0 for (Picked player)
        Player - Set the current research level of Sheep Damage to 0 for (Picked player)
        Player - Set the current research level of Sheep Health to 0 for (Picked player)
        Player - Set the current research level of Sheep Attack Speed  to 0 for (Picked player)

But only the gold resets I don't see the tech go down. Any solutions?

Drunken_God

Reaction score
oha
i dont think there is a way to decrease upgrades :(
make different upgrades for each round and then add the upgrades to your farm

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Try using a Tech array variable to store the upgrade when a player researches it, and then reset that. (Dunno if it would work).

-And for the rematch try making most of your triggers, so you could run them again and again.

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You need to recreate all units manually and reset all variables like score. There's no magic system. Although one could be written for recreating all starting units.

How do i reset variables? Gonna go search now and if I don't find I will check back here for a possible answer :D

Cuz I found Tech-Type with array like below:

Code:
Set Upgrades
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Upgrades[1] = Sheep Armor
        Set Upgrades[2] = Sheep Damage
        Set Upgrades[3] = Sheep Health
        Set Upgrades[4] = Sheep Attack Speed

Just don't know how to make it reset to upgrade 0 if you guys know what I mean.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
^
That won't work, you cannot reduce the level of a research once it has been learned. You'll have to go with
Drunken_God said:
make different upgrades for each round and then add the upgrades to your farm
What he means is that you make copies of your upgrades, one for each round they could possibly play, and change the upgrades the farm can research every round.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Or you can change the way upgrades work.

Make a hero and hide it. Make upgrades that do nothing. When a player researched an upgrade, with triggers, make the hero learn an aura ability, increasing either attack, dmg, attack speed, etc. The Aura should have a global Range.

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Or you can change the way upgrades work.

Make a hero and hide it. Make upgrades that do nothing. When a player researched an upgrade, with triggers, make the hero learn an aura ability, increasing either attack, dmg, attack speed, etc. The Aura should have a global Range.

Wow :D Thanks alot =)

+rep to you all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.